PDA

View Full Version : commander owners

plumb crazy
02-05-2004, 07:46 AM
I was at the L.A. boat show and the commander 26 sig. was a great looking boat. Before I put the money down on the boat ,how are Commander boats. Are they worth the money are should I look at another boat builder.Commander says that boat will run 65 to 70 mph. Is this true.Is the 26 signature a good boat to take to catalina. Let me know all the good and bad about the commander. Does the boat give a good ride in rough water. I guss I want to know everthing their is about the Commander.

OGShocker
02-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Are you really asking a serious question? If so, follow the advice of another member here. Do a Hot Boat Forums seach for Commander and read read read! You won't find me flaming anyones boats.
If you are looking for a nice 27'.... Let me know..:D

carbonmarine
02-05-2004, 07:55 AM
26 ft Commander to Catalina....... Dude, Save yourself and your family. Apperently you have no clue what you are about to get into... Take the Catalina Express....
Youd need a 28 + deep V ... Look for a nice used offshore boat.....There are a ton out there 5 years old plus that I would rather have than a new Commander..... Save you time, money and grief....
Rick32 :cool:

THOR
02-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Are you really asking a serious question? If so, follow the advice of another member here. Do a Hot Boat Forums seach for Commander and read read read! You won't find me flaming anyones boats.
If you are looking for a nice 27'.... Let me know..:D
I thought you already sold the 27' OG. :confused:

Freak
02-05-2004, 07:59 AM
If you can look past way to much of a single color this is a great deal insted of a commander. http://home.earthlink.net/~ronlat/

beer hunter
02-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
26 ft Commander to Catalina....... Dude, Save yourself and your family. Apperently you have no clue what you are about to get into... Take the Catalina Express....
Youd need a 28 + deep V ... Look for a nice used offshore boat.....There are a ton out there 5 years old plus that I would rather have than a new Commander..... Save you time, money and grief....
What?????????????? Myself and many others from the forums have taken our boats to Catalina, and most are less than 28':confused:
While I am no fan of the 26' Signature, the boat is more than capable of making the crossing on most days:)

carbonmarine
02-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Suit yourself bro, not fun........I guess you always have the coasties to the rescue...
Rick32:cool:

beer hunter
02-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Suit yourself bro, not fun........I guess you always have the coasties to the rescue...
Rick32:cool:
So your idea of fun is taking the Catalina Express :rolleyes: No thanks..... I'll wave at ya when I fly by at 60+ :D

carbonmarine
02-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Wearing ski jackets as life preservers for the ocean & The kids in the open bow too I suppose ......I am done with this convo, some people you just cant reach....
Rick32
:cool:

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 08:40 AM
there are a ton of boat out there, we made a run in a 23 essex last year! i will say that towards the end of the day we decided to stay the night (our wifes will never know the real reason!). there are some good choices in the 26ft (the smallest safe size (IMHO)). i used to have a 25ft Baja- and it was more than capable.
what you need to consider is the deadrise and weight of the boat, this will detirmine its entry into the water and how it will handle (there are many more things but these are important)
i really do like the Dana boats- they make an excellent choice for the money (i have not yet ridden in one) but the support the boart has shown would mean alot when service needs come about.
i looked at the 26ft commander, and all i can say is that i was warned by many not to go any further than looking. IMO i felt that they were nice people (i had met with Sy's son several times), but i had heard of too many horror storys.
i ended up buying the 29ft Magic (spent more, but you really need to buy something that you will be both PROUD of adn HAPPY with long term, most of us cannot sell boats on a whim and buy new ones.
good luck in your search, but stay larger than 25ft.
here is my new Magic

THOR
02-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
So your idea of fun is taking the Catalina Express :rolleyes: No thanks..... I'll wave at ya when I fly by at 60+ :D
BH,
Well, you better rush out and get the 29' Shockwave before I call child protective services on your ass. :D

beer hunter
02-05-2004, 08:51 AM
some people you just cant reach....
My point exactly :D
Plumb Crazy, the Commanders are a decent boat at an affordable price, but for a little more money you can find a better boat. I thing most of the issues with Commander revolve around their customer service.
The 26' Signature should provide a respectable ride in the rough stuff compared to other boats of that length :)
Good Luck

beer hunter
02-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by THOR
BH,
Well, you better rush out and get the 29' Shockwave before I call child protective services on your ass. :D
LMAO.......As for child protective services, Maybe I can use that one to get my wife to buy into the idea of getting a new 29' Shockwave :D

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 08:55 AM
hey beer hunter-
i do really like your gel on the 25ft, that looks good.
shockwave does make a great 25 ft and 29ft, do not over look those boats when shopping- i also like the new cat! (but keep that one in the lake)

beer hunter
02-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Chris Winn
hey beer hunter-
i do really like your gel on the 25ft, that looks good.
Thanks Chris, yours turned out great too. Maybe we can hook up sometime and run them over to the island :D

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 09:20 AM
works for me, Magic has the boat right now, they are adding the full hydrolic to the helm steering. then tis time for the AZ spped and marine 496/530hp kit!
this should be fun!

rivercrazy
02-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Please keep us posted on the Arizona Speed and Marine upgrade on your 496HO. I'm real curious about this package.

Wicky
02-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Made it to Catalina over 200 times in a 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk. Over 150 times to San Clemente Island in a 22' Outrage Whaler. San Nicholas Island only half dozen or so trips. Twice to the Cortez Bank looking for Bluefin.
Ask Commander if there boats will do that and you will have your answer Glasshoppa. No fun sinking in the middle of the channel.
The 22' Whaler would hit 52 knots btw top speed.
Thought I'd share,
Wicky

beer hunter
02-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Please keep us posted on the Arizona Speed and Marine upgrade on your 496HO. I'm real curious about this package.
Ditto:D

TrojanDan
02-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Youd need a 28 + deep V ...
Step away from the crack pipe! :D Use to take my 20'er there mucho times. Hell, you can make it over there in a row boat if the conditions were right.
26' Commander is plenty big enough but like others said, do some more searching!

TrojanDan
02-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Ditto! :cool:

bigq
02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Bashing on Commanders around here is like bashing on HTM. Anyway I have owned 2 Commanders one was good the other had issues that were eventually resolved. All I can say is get a great price and stay wany from the idiots in the back. Sy needs to get out and ride the guys in the back. It's a shame because they have some nice molds and could be a great company. The 26 has a great bottom on it and will run 70 with the 496 HO. They had a nice one in ***boat Aug 2003 edition.
If I was you I would consider the 27' Dana. It is not as wide as the 26 Commander, but for the rigging and service might be better. I think they are in the same price range.
Good Luck

Acommanderguy
02-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone. I haven't been reading long. I myself have a Commander,and I haven't had any major problems. Bought my boat new in 96 and its been great. I see there have been alot of people that have had bad dealings with sy and steve. I personally haven't had bad run-ins.In fact if an issue ever came up they always stepped to the plate and took care of it.(although driving to perris blows). But anyways I believe they build a solid boat for the dollar. Working in the buisness myself, you run across idiots every where at every manufacturer.
But if you decide to buy you wont be regretting it. I wont own another brand.:D

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey Plumb Crazy, how much did they want for that 26' Signature ? I own a 26' Signature now (for sale), and trust me Bro, you gotta be PLUMB CRAZY to buy a Commander ! I dunno what the hell I was thinkin' but we all learn from our mistakes. The one thing I really love about my boat out on the water, it floats ! Other than that, forget it ! It rides like pure shit in any kinda chop...I despise even taking it out to Havasu because of the ride. As for that boat doing 65-70...maybe on the trailer being towed ! Commander's customer service dept sucks, I think you would have better luck taking the boat to your local Wal-Mart Automotive Service for repairs. Commander keeps the boat for several weeks, then when you go pick it up, you wait 3-4 hours so they can finish all the shit they forgot to do. And that's after they throw all of your shit (coolers, life jackets, etc) out of the boat and lose it. I am speaking from experience. I swear, many times I've had an inclination to ram the boat and trailer right thru that little shitbox of an office in Perris. But hey, I'm not bitter ! All I can say is, that if you like having smoke blown up your ass, being lied to, wasting your money, and driving out to Perris after each outing with your boat....buy a Commander !! Save your money and time Bro, look elsewhere. I know alot of you don't appreciate us putting down other boat manufactureres, but I'm speaking from experience, and I would hate to see another member get screwed by Commander, as many already have. Until Commander decides to oull their head outta their ass and take care of their customers, we should all boycott them and never step foot on their lot again !! By the way, I'm selling stickers of that little kid pissing on the Commander name...I should be a millionaire in just a few weeks ! So that's my $.02 on Commander, and it was even "sugar coated" this time !!

OGShocker
02-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by THOR
I thought you already sold the 27' OG. :confused:
The 27 I posted is in the process of selling this week. The buyer wants an open bow cut into the deck. The boat gets a NEW 572ci 620HP motor with the IMCC SC drive. The customer is waffling between new and used.
There is an older 27' for sale as well. It belongs to Tom's Marketing guy, Mike. Mike is going to be the proud owner of the first 30 footer this summer. This 27 is a closed deck and is sitting at the shop right now. I'll try (my real job has me hopping today) to post it in the hot boat section with pictures today.
Sorry to jack this thread.
OGS

bigq
02-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Hey Plumb Crazy, how much did they want for that 26' Signature ? I own a 26' Signature now (for sale), and trust me Bro, you gotta be PLUMB CRAZY to buy a Commander ! I dunno what the hell I was thinkin' but we all learn from our mistakes. The one thing I really love about my boat out on the water, it floats ! Other than that, forget it ! It rides like pure shit in any kinda chop...I despise even taking it out to Havasu because of the ride. As for that boat doing 65-70...maybe on the trailer being towed ! Commander's customer service dept sucks, I think you would have better luck taking the boat to your local Wal-Mart Automotive Service for repairs. Commander keeps the boat for several weeks, then when you go pick it up, you wait 3-4 hours so they can finish all the shit they forgot to do. And that's after they throw all of your shit (coolers, life jackets, etc) out of the boat and lose it. I am speaking from experience. I swear, many times I've had an inclination to ram the boat and trailer right thru that little shitbox of an office in Perris. But hey, I'm not bitter ! All I can say is, that if you like having smoke blown up your ass, being lied to, wasting your money, and driving out to Perris after each outing with your boat....buy a Commander !! Save your money and time Bro, look elsewhere. I know alot of you don't appreciate us putting down other boat manufactureres, but I'm speaking from experience, and I would hate to see another member get screwed by Commander, as many already have. Until Commander decides to oull their head outta their ass and take care of their customers, we should all boycott them and never step foot on their lot again !! By the way, I'm selling stickers of that little kid pissing on the Commander name...I should be a millionaire in just a few weeks ! So that's my $.02 on Commander, and it was even "sugar coated" this time !!
Nice sales pitch:rolleyes:

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 10:31 AM
i will post my thoughts on the az spped kit, i'm really curiuos to see if you can get 100hp out of this kit.
if it is true, than for $4500.00 it is the cheapest hp avilable out there- also without the problems i have seen with the blowers on stock 496's, i know that everone knows someone witha blower on the 496 with no problems, but i have heard 10 horror stories for each one of those people.
100hp increase should plant me (hopefull at a true 75 MPH), i have a friend withthe same boat who turns 77 with the hp500, i should (on paper) have more power (500 PSHP???) so we will see!!!!
i will have it ready and tested by the spring heatwave poker run!

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm not really worried that my sales pitch will affect the sale of my boat...I seriously doubt I'll sell it anyway..even though it doesn't say Commander anywhere on it !

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 10:41 AM
i'm looking forward to just boating again, everyone has had it all winter long for a long list of additions. i'm ready to put some hours on it myself!
if this kit doen't work than i will be selling the motor and buying the 600hp NA Phaff motor or the AZ 600hp NA motor.
lets hope this works, or my wife is really going to kill me (i keep promising "just one more thing"!!!)

THOR
02-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
The 27 I posted is in the process of selling this week. The buyer wants an open bow cut into the deck. The boat gets a NEW 572ci 620HP motor with the IMCC SC drive. The customer is waffling between new and used.
There is an older 27' for sale as well. It belongs to Tom's Marketing guy, Mike. Mike is going to be the proud owner of the first 30 footer this summer. This 27 is a closed deck and is sitting at the shop right now. I'll try (my real job has me hopping today) to post it in the hot boat section with pictures today.
Sorry to jack this thread.
OGS
PM me when you post the pics.
THOR <--- always looking:D

OGShocker
02-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Will do!

eliminatedsprinter
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Wicky
Made it to Catalina over 200 times in a 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk. Over 150 times to San Clemente Island in a 22' Outrage Whaler. San Nicholas Island only half dozen or so trips. Twice to the Cortez Bank looking for Bluefin.
Ask Commander if there boats will do that and you will have your answer Glasshoppa. No fun sinking in the middle of the channel.
The 22' Whaler would hit 52 knots btw top speed.
Thought I'd share,
Wicky
I am a huge fan of go fast hot boats, but to be honest ,you are safer in that whaler than you are in most of the big go fasts even the 28ft+ sized one's. Whalers are made for the ocean. The bottom of the ocean off the coast of fla is full of offshore performance boats that lost power and took waves over the stern and sunk like rocks. This won't happen in a Whaler. When I was a kid we had a 20 ft Gulfstream that was a nice boat to take to Catalina on a good day. On a bad day none of the boats most of us have on this forum are apropo.....

Ducatista
02-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey Plumb, I went to the Islands(Catalina, Santa Cruz)for 7 years in a Four Winns 20.5 Sundowner Cudy for Scuba Diving. No problem if you choose your weather/conditions wisely, and have approppriate safety, navigation and communication equipt on board.(and know how to use them) Remember, if your going to do the offshore stuff alot, bigger is better and lots of freeboard is good! Cudys are better/safer, think redundancy in your systems... there are alot of custom lake boats that really should stay on the lake because of their low profile. But on a good day, hell you can take just about anything out if your are carefull. The problem is, it can be nice in the morn, but the wind will pickup in the afternoon and next thing you know, your white knuckling it back in a small craft advisory! Our Four Winns had a camper canvas that allowed us to button it up for the occasional nasty ride back, otherwise you will be a" tad" wet in boats like the 26. So pick your boat carefully depending on where you plan to boat the most. A membership to a tow service is a good thing to have, just a couple of thought for ya, have fun. :cool: good luck in your boat quest...

plumb crazy
02-05-2004, 02:27 PM
I did a fourm search no real pros and cons on the commander boats. But what i see so far is the commander is not the way to go. It seems like their are a lot of un happy commander owners?

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 02:47 PM
hey plum,
i replied to your PM let me knwo if you got it

Sandbar Mike
02-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey Jeff,
I agree with you, and aslo feel bad for you. A friend of mine last season purchased a 26 signature, I know, I tried to warn him. It cost him $65K He loved it at first until he got into 2-3 chop, He said if you would hit any cross chop the boat would violently pitch back and forth, chine walk real bad I gess. He ended up hitting some real bad 2' chop :rolleyes: and lost somebody out of the boat last season.
Does your 26 react to small cross chop like his?

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 03:19 PM
SB Mike - Yep mine does the same thing, and the more people I have on the boat, the worse it gets ! With a full tank, 4 people, and a couple coolers full of silvers, I can't even get the damn nose down unless the water's completely glass. I'm sure I'm not the only Commander owner with this problem.

plumb crazy
02-05-2004, 04:02 PM
chris winn i got your p.m. thanks a lot i have been to the magic site and i like what i see on the used boats.

Chris Winn
02-05-2004, 04:09 PM
plum-
i glad you like what they have, they do build a great boat! as soon as mine is done, i'm more than happy to take you for a ride in Havasu, you buy the drinks afterwards!

25 Eagle
02-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I was on a guys 26 Commander last year and he had some stories to tell. Screws though the bottom when they mounted something [forgot what] and dragging his outdrive all the way to the lake when a hose let go. This was a new boat. I don't know if he was more pissed at Commander or everybody that passed him on the road and didn't tell him that the drive was a draggin. Think I would pass on that co.

RUCAV
02-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Plumb
Check out the PM I sent you and let me know what you think. Test drive every boat in your price range and take a bunch of people with you to see how it handles with a load. My .02 goes to Ultra, but check em all out.

Kilrtoy
02-05-2004, 09:39 PM
What?????????????? Myself and many others from the forums have taken our boats to Catalina, and most are less than 28'
Dont forget BEER HUNTER IS IN A SHOCKWAVE, 24 DEGREE VEE,
that is what gives him that awesome ride.......

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 10:38 PM
I just wanted to share an intelligent piece of e-mail that was sent to me via PM. The funny part is, he spent a whole helluva lot more money than I did....just to get ****ed up the ass by the wonderful folks over at Commander Boats. Anyone have a clue who this jackass is ??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMANDER FAN
Junior Member Registered: Feb 2004 Posts: 3
YOU SOUND LIKE THE MOST IGNORANT DUMB FUK EVER!!!!!
U obviosly havent driven to many boats in your life!that 26 signature is an excellent boat for offshore use and lake havasu! Maybee u don't know how to drive it!!!!!!!! that hull has one hot boat of the year and product excellence from powerboat. That 26 is a perfect bottom, says Bob teage, Jim wilkes, greg shoemaker, brian davidson and many other legends! So do ur homework, instead of being an ungrateful piece of shiit! I just bought the 32 signature that was at the show so come hit me up at that sand bar asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
02-05-2004, 10:46 PM
U obviosly havent driven to many boats in your life!that 26 signature is an excellent boat for offshore use and lake havasu! Maybee u don't know how to drive it!!!!!!!! that hull has one hot boat of the year and product excellence from powerboat. That 26 is a perfect bottom, says Bob teage, Jim wilkes, greg shoemaker, brian davidson and many other legends! So do ur homework, instead of being an ungrateful piece of shiit! I just bought the 32 signature that was at the show so come hit me up at that sand bar asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey who does this guy think he is,
Im the only one that can be mad around here.:mad: :D

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 10:53 PM
GET A REAL BOAT FORGET ABOUT DANA

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Hey Commander Boy, I won't even charge you, I'll send you a sticker for FREE !!
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/commander

LASERRAY
02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/commander Bad Boy Calvin!!!;)

Ziggy
02-05-2004, 11:22 PM
http://members.aol.com/jeff2233/commander
You are a bitter person aren't you?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Nah, just honest.

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:24 PM
jeff like ive told u already im gonna see u at the river I know your boat, and I know the diff. between a threat and an opinion.

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:24 PM
jeff u r a bitter phuck huh!

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:26 PM
just rember when u talk trash on commander there r lots more of us on a lot less of u, don't try to start a war that u will loose in

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Commander Boy, just some helpful info....
California Penal Code § 422 (2001) - Punishment for (Terrorist) Threats
Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family's safety, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:29 PM
jeff so besides being a dumb fuk u r a lawyer too, u think i give a fuk. Im sick of hearin u bash commander, why don't u just sell it buy somethin else and move on!!!

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:30 PM
hey jeff report me u asshole

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Nope...not an attorney, I'm have a little more honest profession than that. ;)

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:34 PM
u don't seem very honest u just seem like a bitter asshole, who had buyers remorse, cause u probably can't afford your payments

Ziggy
02-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Yo Jeff,
I have to tell ya I am one happy Commander owner, and have been for 10 yrs. Just got the 23LX late last season and don't regret it what so ever. Its ride is superb IMO but I came from a relatively flat jet before(which BTW we sold for $840 less than we paid new 10 yrs ago).
Took my 23LX out weekend before Thanksgiving in the 45mph winds fully loaded with family, took the whitecapped 3' chop with total ease. you coulda set a glass of water on the deck and wouldn't spill....honestly I was a little surprised by it but it justfied my wifes and mine decision to buy it.....are we lucky ones??? I doubt it, but everyone has an opinion and yours is based on your own experiences.
I will agree though, that I think their service dept is LESS than stellar.
I'm not into name calling or threats so I'd be happy to share a cold one off my Commander with you and toast the fun time we all have on the lake:)

bordsmnj
02-05-2004, 11:47 PM
you know i'm thinkin' i see a pattern starting to form here. one of my good friends has had a 23 for years and it's a CLEEEAAN ride. takes good care of it and it of 'him.my other friend had a 23 liked it ,upgraded to the 26 and dumped it and now he's a bitter ex-comander guy. maybe it's just a fluke model and their sick of fixing them? who knows. i won't bush a boat unless it's first hand. haven't ever riden in one so i won't put camander down that'd be chicken shit. but when i was in the market(and look really young when i shave) i walked on to their lot in corona and was pretty much ignored. oh,well. ok, so that's a bad thing,i'll say a good thing too. they have a nice looking cat that i don't think anyones been on here bitching about.:D i'm now done with all this controversy.:rolleyes: :D

THATJEFFGUY
02-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I have to agree with ya there...I like the Commander Cat...and even looked at then when they first came out !! I also have some friends that have a 26' Cat and love it !! But obvioulsy since being burned already, I wouldn't even consider it now.

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:55 PM
see Jeff thats all I wanted was a compliment from u

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:56 PM
jeff and I know ur boat can not be that bad my last boat was a 26 sig

COMMANDER FAN
02-05-2004, 11:58 PM
u need to work it out with sy im sure he can help u, why don't u give it one more shot, ive hard all ur wineing and im sure u have ecagerrated a bit, but u have nuthin to loose given sy another shot, sy has a great reputation from here to florida!!!

THATJEFFGUY
02-06-2004, 12:50 AM
Commander Boy, I have no reason to lie or exaggerate...where would that get me ? I have the service records to prove it. And the way I see it, Sy has had his chance to make things right...he chose to handle it the typical Commander half-assed way. I was never even compensated for being sold a new trailer that was actually "used"...with bad brakes and wheel bearings. Fortunately, I didn't kill my wife or kids....or any member of your family on the road the day, when the brakes locked up and the wheel bearing burnt up. It could have been a lot worse, and I'm sure you would have also been a little upset at Commander in that situation. Oddly enough, the insurance underwriters have a bit of a problem insuring a used trailer and boat that was acually sold as "new" ! But that's a whole different issue of it's own that I haven't even addressed yet. Hell, while I'm on the subject, I might as well go on. How would you feel trying to get your boat back to shore with your wife and kids on board, when it has taken on about 60 gallons of water in the engine compartment, with the ass end barely above water....only to find out that Commander (which Sy admitted) forgot to seal before the rub rail was put on ? Again, these are just the most recent problems I have had...so I think I have a genuine complaint with them.

Ziggy
02-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Jeff,
I think most of do believe you have a legitimate gripe with Commander, as many other people have with whatever brand they own....no builder, regardless of who it is can satisfy everyone all the time. And I suspect since you've had more than one commander that not always did you feel the way you do today. I hope that you sell it and have better luck with your next purchase.

Ziggy
02-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by plumb crazy
Noteworthy or not??? Plumb Crazy was a name we nearly used on our first commander but ended up with Grape Escape instead...obviously the boat was purple in color:rolleyes: :D

Kachina26
02-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Hey who does this guy think he is,
Im the only one that can be mad around here.:mad: :D He musta figured that you had retired (been pretty well mannered as of late:D ) so he's taking your place.

OGShocker
02-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by COMMANDER FAN
u need to work it out with sy im sure he can help u, why don't u give it one more shot, ive hard all ur wineing and im sure u have ecagerrated a bit, but u have nuthin to loose given sy another shot, sy has a great reputation from here to florida!!!
Uh, I are gooder in english den you is!

Sandbar Mike
02-06-2004, 08:23 AM
I have many personel experiences through friends who have been repeat customers of commander. They have both had numerous problems with there commanders which was never resolved correctly and now both own shockwaves and are completely satisfied and love there boats.
If anybody ever asked my opinion of if they should buy a Commander I would tell them they are out of there god dam mind.
Nothing against Ziggy and other commander owners that own much older commanders they were probably built much better and run great.
Commander Fan, or should I call you (steve)
I sure hope you arent going to look for me at the sandbar and **** me up too. (for my opinion)
:D
punk ass

little rowe boat
02-06-2004, 08:31 AM
28' I have a 22' open bow,does the trip no prob.:confused:

Havasu Luvr
02-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Hey Commander Fan (Steve?), :D
You’re an Idiot:eek: . Oh, by the way, Welcome to the boards. You quote statements right out of the magazines just like daddy (Sy) does. This tells me that you’re not capable of thinking on your own. Keep up the great loyalty as all boat manufactures need clients like yourself. Maybe the next time you register into a new forum a proper introduction would be acceptable, rather then insulting other board members and calling them out (sandbar) to show your superior intelligence. I would love the opportunity to hook up in the channel or the sandbar some day and debate the “Pro’s & Cons” of Commander (or any other manufacture) and maybe enlighten you on a few other issues.
THATJEFFGUY, take it with a grain of salt. I felt your pain
Sandbar Mike, do you believe this phuck’n idiot.
:eek:

Essex502
02-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by COMMANDER FAN
Learn how to spell the english language. bad grammar only makes you look uneducated.

Dave C
02-06-2004, 08:45 AM
can't we all just get along?
This is a hilarious thread. How to make friends and influence people by insulting them.
thatjeffguy: good call on the terrorist threat law...... ;)

Kachina26
02-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
Learn how to spell the english language. bad grammar only makes you look uneducated. I agree with you totally, however when giving this advise to someone, it is prudent to check your own punctuation and capitalization. :D

OutCole'd
02-06-2004, 08:57 AM
I am definately calling the Bullshit card on this thread.
Just stirring the pot.
Good reading though.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-06-2004, 08:58 AM
ditto.. I will have to agree.. it is all bologna..:yuk: :D

Dave C
02-06-2004, 09:03 AM
didn't that idiot say the HO's have 100 more HP and hes runs 30's on it?
Pulling out B.S. card.....
496 mag HP 375
496 HO, 425
good stuff.......

OGShocker
02-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I agree with you totally, however when giving this advise to someone, it is prudent to check your own punctuation and capitalization. :D
Not, only, that, 502,mispeeled,EDUMACATED!:D

Chris Winn
02-06-2004, 10:35 AM
i think that its interesting for a person to threaten another person on the board (especially if they are the owners son)
i talked to steve when we were looking to buy our boat, he was cool, but if i called and he was not there, i would never get a return call form him. allmost ever other place call me untill i told them that i had bought my boat, then some of them tried the last ditch to sway my deal back to them. i never got that from commander, their price was fair for the market, but not with the feedback that i recived
one thing you have to remember is that "where there is smoke there is fire" if there are gripe otut here, usually there is some truth to the matter (and 2 side to it)
reagrdless of what boat we haev we are generally a good community and dare i say (friends), it is bad buisness and publicity for commander to even acknowedge this guy for his lack of better words: uneducated ranting

Chris Winn
02-06-2004, 11:06 AM
i see that there are more people not happy coming out of hte woodwork, this will be fun to watch!

commandergirl
02-06-2004, 11:09 AM
i bought a 24 signature in june 2003. they lie from the time you walk into their office. The said my boat would be done in 5 weeks, it took 7-8. they said 63-65 mph. the boat has never gone over 50 mph. so many problems with the owner. the boat broke down on the water the second time we took it out. now commander wont fix the speed problem and we had to take it elsewhere. The owner is a jerk, a liar and a very bad business man. The boat actually broke down twice. They dont care about you at all after you agree to buy the boat. I feel sorry for all his workers!!!!!!!!

Havasu Luvr
02-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by commandergirl
i bought a 24 signature in june 2003. they lie from the time you walk into their office. The said my boat would be done in 5 weeks, it took 7-8. they said 63-65 mph. the boat has never gone over 50 mph. so many problems with the owner. the boat broke down on the water the second time we took it out. now commander wont fix the speed problem and we had to take it elsewhere. The owner is a jerk, a liar and a very bad business man. The boat actually broke down twice. They dont care about you at all after you agree to buy the boat. I feel sorry for all his workers!!!!!!!!
Hey girl, maybe you should think about changing your screen name. Maybe something like "EXcommandergirl" j/k :cool:

Essex502
02-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I agree with you totally, however when giving this advise to someone, it is prudent to check your own punctuation and capitalization. :D
Completely intentional.

THATJEFFGUY
02-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Good call Chris !! I was thinking the same thing (Steve) all along, but was waiting for someone else to notice it also. Check out the PM he sent me last night after deciding not to use threats...it's a classic ! Also, I never got those pics for the canopy..let me know.
Jeff,
im glad to see that u can actualy have something nice to say about commander, it almost seemed like a comlpiment, when u said they have a good lookin cat. U know that had to make u feel good. Youve just had me a pissed off talkin about sy and shit, sy is my fkin homie dude u don't even understand, i luv that dude. Thats why it was killin me when I heard u talk to trash about him and commander.

THATJEFFGUY
02-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey Plumb Crazy, I have some free time on Saturday, wanna go down to Commander and pick yourself out a new boat ?? I could give you some suggestions !
Just kiddin' Bro..but I'm sure you have gotten the opinions you were looking for by now !

Chris Winn
02-06-2004, 11:53 AM
hey Jeff,
sorry, i forgot to get that done (here is the attached pic)
BTW, you proved my point- you stay in contact with me to get the buisness, i do get busy, and forget to get my "fun stuff" done. but since you stay on me, you will get the buisness (just be gentle on the price)
here she is:

THATJEFFGUY
02-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Got it Chris..thanks ! I know how that is, I figured you got busy like me so I kept bugging you ! Gimme a couple days and I'll send you what I come up with. Thanks again !

Dribble
02-06-2004, 12:45 PM
just rember when u talk trash on commander there r lots more of us on a lot less of u, don't try to start a war that u will loose in
If I took it that personally everytime someone flamed Caliber I'd be in prison.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-06-2004, 02:47 PM
WELL WELL WELL, this has been fun reading. All I can say is that i had a 98 26 sig with a stock 502 the boat ran 67 all day long with no problems. when i did over trim it the boat would chine walk but so does my friends boats that do not have commanders (Eliminators, Shock waves, magic). I think all boat makers will have problems with boats and unhappy customers. I had a friend of mine who has a 100mph DCB had the center pad DE-laminate. while he was on the way up to the sand bar.
I now have the 32 Sig, this boat runs good and I love it. As far as my experince with there service department. Last week on a saturday i was at elsinore and my impeller went out on one of my engines. I called the perris office and they had me to bring it in. The impeller was replaced in 30mins for no Charge on a SATURDAY. I was back on the water the same day. So in short everybody will have either a good opinion or a bad. So far mine has been good. Every boat maker will have costomers with horror stories. So if you see me at Havasu, Newport, Long Beach, Catalina etc, come by and say Hi oooo and I drink MGD :cool:

Chris Winn
02-06-2004, 02:53 PM
hello Shake,
now there is a well though out non-combative way to support your brand, i'm glad that you haev gotten good service from Commander, with a 32 you also spent a good deal of money too.
no offense meant, but this does happen with alot of boat companies, they take great care of their top few % and call the rest of them a write off.
i just had a small issue with my brand new Magic, but they tookk damn good care of it and no one will ever hear what happened (it was not that bad, but if not delt with i would have been pissed)
i like your approach to this subject and it is fair that you vioce your opinion, can you help the disgruntled ones onthis board to change their mind? or can you get commander to assist them? that would be good PR for them.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-06-2004, 04:17 PM
sounds good Chris, but this is my second commander, the first was a 1998 26 sig that i bought new. i got the same service then. So I dont know i guess no boat company can please everyone.

Chris Winn
02-06-2004, 04:25 PM
hello Shake,
you are correct, when i bought my Magic, i researched them on this board, and the 1st thread is "my magic is a lemon".
i also talked to alot of magic owers, i listened to their complaints and when it came time to buy i listed all of them in writing and had magic put on notice that i would watch for all signs of problems and expect service. i also put everything into writing, and have it documented, but i am also a detail freak.
all brands have their issues, but my when i put my boat matrix togather and asked over 100 boat owners out at havasu what they though, commander took the brunt of the beatings (there were others too)
they also did not haev the boat in the size that i wanted ready, i bought a 29ft (single motor) and didn't want smaller (had a25ft baja) and didn't want the expense of twins (that will change next year).
i can respect your perspective and understand that communication is a great deal of it, i didn't get the warm and fuzzies from commander, and that hurt them.

plumb crazy
02-06-2004, 04:27 PM
i have not put any money out yet , but reading these post has made me rethink what i am going to do. i have to go talk to the people at commander and i will print some of these colorful post and show it to them to see what they have to say.:(

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Chris sounds good, hope to see you on the water sometime and have a few beers. A few of my friends have 34 magics and i almost bought one before i got my 32, but i got a better deal at commander so i'm happy so far. I will be in Havasu for the polar beer run and fire works show next weekend.

Chris Winn
02-06-2004, 04:35 PM
hey shake,
lucky you, i will take you up on that few beers offer (it sure sounded like an offer)
i get to go freeze my ass off next week in boise idaho, work takes me there (i will do anyhting for a dollar it seems)
i will see you out there, look for me as well.
good job on being nice, it cannot be easy to own a brand getting bashed, but your were good at handling it- that speaks well for people

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-06-2004, 04:42 PM
yeah, i could have bought a Nordic 35, Magic 34, eliminator 35. Schaida 32 and looked at them all. but for what i have on my 32 sig, it would have cost me an average of 70 to 100 GRAND more. I did my research and the bottom line is most boats are made out of the same material. for the most part they all use Merc engines. so the botton line for me was more bang for my buck.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-06-2004, 06:31 PM

COMMANDER FAN
02-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey shake so you have had good luck with commander, seems like there are a few onhere that feel otherwise.

COMMANDER FAN
02-06-2004, 06:36 PM
shake what size motors do you have in yours and what speeds does it run?

beer hunter
02-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike
Commander Fan, or should I call you (steve)
I sure hope you arent going to look for me at the sandbar and **** me up too. (for my opinion)
:D
punk ass
I got your back Mike:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-06-2004, 07:25 PM
LMAO!! wouldn't that be a site to see.. gettin his back that is.. :D :D J/K :D

beer hunter
02-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
LMAO!! wouldn't that be a site to see.. gettin his back that is.. :D :D J/K :D
I'm not talking about sunscreen or........:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-06-2004, 07:34 PM
:D LOL!! :D I just couldn't resist.. :D you know me.. loud mouth highjacker ..:D ;)

beer hunter
02-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Just don't threaten to kick my @ss and I'll forgive ya :D

COMMANDER FAN
02-06-2004, 07:42 PM
hey sanbarmike, and your boyfriend that bends u over, whatever your name was, I already told u im not steve, and that is not right to spread rumors like that! I made some strong statements, and am prepared to deal with it, but don't make steve look bad by spreading rumors.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-06-2004, 07:43 PM
you got it.. But can I kick you in the junk.. LOL!! :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
OK...if you little boys can't play nice...don't play at all.