PDA

View Full Version : We bought a new boat at the Boat Show...

rrrr
02-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Me and Mrs. rrrr decided to upgrade this year after all. A buddy of mine offered me $3K over book value for my present bowrider so we went to the boat show to look.
We are friends of a family that owns a dealership here in Plano, they are the Chapparal reps. We got a boomer deal and it's a really nice boat. Decided to go with the 496 Mag, the HO upgrade seemed like too much money for 50 HP.
We talked about getting a custom like an Eliminator, but we use this boat for a lot of family type stuff so a production bowrider just works better. Besides, I have a V drive if we wanna go fast.
Can't wait for it to get here. Gonna be the end of April or thereabouts.
http://www.chaparralboats.com/images/MainPhotos/mainphoto_ssi_f05.jpg

dimarcobros
02-05-2004, 11:15 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!
DMB

Screaming Pete
02-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Congrats, I think they make one heck of a production boat and many of thier parts like seats are even better than some customs. I 've been looking at the deck boat model of the same size, power and manufacture, would you mind pm me with the details.? with the merc power. did you get a 5 or 6 yr warrenty?
pete

HighRoller
02-05-2004, 11:31 AM
HEY! Don't you know this site is called HOT Boat? RunaboutBoat.com is the next door to the left...:D :D

mirvin
02-05-2004, 11:37 AM
All I can say is, sometimes it's nice to be able to sit behind a windshield:)
That thing looks pretty nice. Chappy makes a good boat. Does that one have the seats that convert for fishing? Those are fun too.
Mirvin
;)

Ducatista
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Alot of my friends have Chapparal's.....good way to go. Thats a pretty big ride....I'm sure you will love it. Nice choice...congrats:cool:

Hermosa
02-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
Congrats, I think they make one heck of a production boat and many of thier parts like seats are even better than some customs. I 've been looking at the deck boat model of the same size, power and manufacture, would you mind pm me with the details.? with the merc power. did you get a 5 or 6 yr warrenty?
pete
Screaming Pete, I sent you a PM...

Screaming Pete
02-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info:)

riverracerx
02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Is that hole in the back under the sunpad a walk-thru to the swim step? That's cool! Nice looking boat. Has a ton of room. Like a floating family room!

FastTimmy
02-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Decided to go with the 496 Mag, the HO upgrade seemed like too much money for 50 HP.
Just remember that it is not just 50hp. With the mag you can not put any boost or upgrades to it but with the HO you can you boost it up or and some mods. So your realy paying for the ability to add HP not the 50hp extra you get..
Just my .02
Timmy

THOR
02-05-2004, 01:27 PM
My uncle has one of those. They are really cool. I did that big ass swin step/platform on the back. :D

roln 20s
02-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Chaparral makes one nice boat. Definately my favorite production boat out there, with the exception of Cobalt maybe. Anyone else notice the thru hull exhaust that exits the side?
Saw this on the 28 ETicket, super awesome. I think you will be real happy with the boat- I'm never heard any complaints, and since you know the dealer owners, I think you are golden.
Enjoy.
Roln 20s

northern baja
02-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Looks great!
How many friends will it hold?:cool: :D

Dave C
02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
looks plush, stadium seating, big-ass swim step. Definite pluses.

CA Stu
02-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Nice boat!
I like the walk through transom, too.
Classy.
I have a 235 SSi Chap, got it for a family boat, and HighbrowRoller, that's exactly why my oprofile says "warm boater".
I took it to the RRX Poker Run at Havasu this past year (Great event by the way) and I was admiring a guy's HTM while we were rafted up in one of the coves. I said to him "Wow, after looking at all these boats, I wish I would have gone with something like that instead" to which he replied "Yeah, everyone with one of these is looking at your boat and saying, "I wish I would have gone with something like that instead"" :D
Well, I'm going to try and snazz up my boat a bit with some tunes and a "Sandbar Gadget" before summer hits.
CA Stu <- I'm cool. Really! ;)

25 Eagle
02-05-2004, 03:18 PM
We had their 252 deck boat with the 454. It was a nice boat, but had a few "bugs" at first. Like someone said the interiors are high quality. Have fun with it.

Boozer
02-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Congrats on the new ride!
Does the seat adjust so that you can stand?
My boat has a windshield and honestly... I always sit on my knees so I have my head over the windshield. My favorite part of boating is the wind blowing in my face. Then again if I had a boat that ran say 65+ I would probably want some sort of shield from the wind but who knows.
Regardless, that's a nice ride. Certainly a lot nicer then my pos production boat.

burbanite
02-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by riverracerx
Is that hole in the back under the sunpad a walk-thru to the swim step?
Yes it is. I have spent some quality time aboard the closed bow version of one of these when mine couldn't handle the conditions (which is a lot of the time ;) ), great boats, lots of good features.
Congratulations rrrr (and I forgive the 465 comment...:D ;) )

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-05-2004, 06:23 PM
congrats on the new ride.. I love it.. I'm sure you will enjoy it.. ride it well and stay safe..;) :D

ratso
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
congrats on the new ride.. I love it.. I'm sure you will enjoy it.. ride it well and stay safe..;) :D :
...sorry mrs vee, but the "ride it well" statement cracked me up...coming from you especially.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-05-2004, 06:29 PM
LMAO!! Ratso.. I new someone would catch that.. I was checking out the swim step , it looks big enough to do well you know what on, and either one of you wouldn't fall off, just get a little wet. :D Yee-hawwwwww..
I do like it though it is a cool boat.. ;) :D

LUVNLIFE
02-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
All I can say is, sometimes it's nice to be able to sit behind a windshield:)
That thing looks pretty nice. Chappy makes a good boat. Does that one have the seats that convert for fishing? Those are fun too.
Mirvin
;)
I know what I would use those seats for to make them fun ;)

dicudmore
02-05-2004, 08:19 PM
congratulations. Chaparral does build great boats. You guys will love it

CEO
02-05-2004, 08:42 PM
My buddy bought one a few months ago, it's a Chapperal but it doesn't have the windsheilds. Same size. One thing that was awesome on that boat, the massive amounts of Icechests, the best one is in the sink, it holds 30 cold ones I think. Congrats on the rig.:)

rrrr
02-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by burbanite
Yes it is. I have spent some quality time aboard the closed bow version of one of these when mine couldn't handle the conditions (which is a lot of the time ;) ), great boats, lots of good features.
Congratulations rrrr (and I forgive the 465 comment...:D ;) )
Burb! Been so long since you were around I thought you went back to Merrye Olde England. :D Ready to go racin'? We are still digging in the sofa cushions for money..... :D :D
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. We are really excited about getting a new toy. The boat has cool stuff like a 10 disc changer, porcelain pump out head, and built in insulated ice chests everywhere. The front seats have a flip up bolster kinda thing that is really nice. I always have to stand up in our present boat to watch traffic so I'm gonna like that a lot.
It has switchable exhaust so that'll be neat to play with.
Woohoo!!!! :D :D

burbanite
02-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
Burb! Been so long since you were around I thought you went back to Merrye Olde England. :D Ready to go racin'? We are still digging in the sofa cushions for money..... :D :D
Hey Ron,
I did go back to Little Old New Zealand over Christmas...summertime :cool:
I don't know why you guys are slacking, we've had our first race already :), finished a storming 10th in the Daytona 24 hour :frown:
Car was ok, filled up with water during the night and couldn't see, wiper pitched, de-mister pitched, had to cut holes all over the bodywork to try to evacuate the air - to no avail.
Changed a splitter/rad back at the garage then a heat exchanger, lost 30 laps :mad:
Keep searching, there's money out there somewhere.

mirvin
02-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey burbanite, I dig your sig. It's a shame that I have to risk becoming a felon everytime I leave the house;)

burbanite
02-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Yep,
here in Indiana we are are CCW enabled...:D....and I'm fighting for the end of the "assault weapons" (parenthesis intentional) ban.

mirvin
02-06-2004, 03:21 PM
The funny thing in CA is that the lawmakers (most of which hold a CCW) wrote a secret little paragraph into the section pertaining to illegal carry that says if it's your first offence, it's a misdameanor:)
At least I got something to look forward too.
Officially we're supposed to be able to file with the local PD but when you ask them for the paperwork they won't even give it to you!!
rrrrr, sorry about the hightjack.:D
Mirvin

rrrr
02-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by burbanite
Hey Ron,
I did go back to Little Old New Zealand over Christmas...summertime :cool:
I don't know why you guys are slacking, we've had our first race already :), finished a storming 10th in the Daytona 24 hour :frown:
Car was ok, filled up with water during the night and couldn't see, wiper pitched, de-mister pitched, had to cut holes all over the bodywork to try to evacuate the air - to no avail.
Changed a splitter/rad back at the garage then a heat exchanger, lost 30 laps :mad:
Keep searching, there's money out there somewhere.
Ah, I keep confusing me Brits and Kiwis. :D A few of my USAC friends were down running midgets and sprints over Christmas. After reading the coverage in NSSN it appears that there was quite a bit of racing going on. I think one midget race paid $50K.
Man, the greenhouse on the DP car looked like the inside of my shower on a cold morning. Must have been miserable.
Are you guys gonna run the DP car out of the shop in Indy? Nothing like a bit more work, eh?
I think you got a couple of winners in Scott and Max. Both of 'em are consumate professionals and favorites of mine.
We are going to be testing at PIR next week. Missed the Florida test, the car got back from getting the update kit at G Force too late to go. All the big bully teams were in line in front of us. :wink:

burbanite
02-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes, the car will be run from the Indy location, apparently we didn't have enough to do :eek: Adding a second car at Homestead and beyond, sheesh...
Just got in from finishing up the cars for PIR then after that it's all on again. The Dallaras look fast...I think G Force are in a bit of a situation, too much to do and no-one to do it, four of their carbon shop guys walked out recently.
Once the first part of the season is over, (read Indy), you'll have more time to enjoy that new ride of yours, I'm bummed because mine is still in a million pieces and no way of getting it back together in the near future :(

rrrr
02-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm interested to see how the Dallaras will do at PIR. They did look good at Homestead.