PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Springs

DMVQUEEN
03-27-2006, 08:23 PM
We were thinking about launching from Havasu Springs in a few weeks, but have never been there. Anyone know if you can pay to just launch or do you have to be staying there???
Any info would be great, if we don't or can't launch there, we were going to launch at Cattail, but the Springs is closer.
Thanks again for any info.
Sara out

little rowe boat
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
If it is a busy weekend and the parking lot is full, then only registered guests will be allowed to launch at the springs.

Mandelon
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Never had a problem launching. You park in the lot, go to the booth and pay ten dollars. They give you a receipt and buzz you through the gate. Rarely had to wait. Ramp is a bit shallow, so you will likely get your feet wet.
We will sometimes stay in Parker and lauch up there on Saturdays. The moonlit run back down the lake is a kick.

WYRD
03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
You didn't hear this from me but it is well worth the extra 15min drive time to launch at Catail Cove. Nice ramp and rarely full. it is off the 95 about half way between Springs and Havasu.
WYRD

djunkie
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
You didn't hear this from me but it is well worth the extra 15min drive time to launch at Catail Cove. Nice ramp and rarely full. it is off the 95 about half way between Springs and Havasu.
WYRD
Focker!!!!! That ramp sucks. Don't ever go there..... :crossx:

WYRD
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Focker!!!!! That ramp sucks. Don't ever go there..... :crossx:
It was my evil TWIN I SWEAR............................Fuk Cattail it SUCKS :crossx:

TrojanDan
03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Cattail closes this weekend for the rest of Spring and Summer. Try Site 6 or the Marina. :crossx:

BigDoug
03-28-2006, 12:26 AM
You guys are too funny. :)

djunkie
03-28-2006, 03:05 AM
Cattail closes this weekend for the rest of Spring and Summer. Try Site 6 or the Marina. :crossx:
That what I heard too. :rollside:

raff
03-28-2006, 07:31 AM
WYRD
That's where we were going in the first place, just need to see what the deal was with the springs..

Havasu_Dreamin
03-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Cat Tail launch ramp will be undergoing major repairs and will be closed until December. :)

raff
03-28-2006, 08:36 AM
So I'll see you all at Site 6 :rolleyes:

caroftheweek
03-28-2006, 08:51 AM
launch at Take Off Point. when heading to Havasu springs from Parker, turn left towards Parker dam. just before the dam on the right side is the entrance. it is a public launch and is free to launch. we have launched there many times and it is decent.
Ryan

Cole Trickle
03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
launch at Take Off Point. when heading to Havasu springs from Parker, turn left towards Parker dam. just before the dam on the right side is the entrance. it is a public launch and is free to launch. we have launched there many times and it is decent.
Ryan
If you are launching a heavy boat make sure you have a 4x4.(The ramp is very steap and there is no dock for getting on your boat after you launch)

Tequila-John
03-28-2006, 09:00 AM
I like the ramp. The people are very nice there.....

riverroyal
03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
10$,plus its real easy,so if your wife or whoever is driving the tow vehicle is a novice its a great place to practice

DMVQUEEN
03-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks for all the info, I will keep pass along your info about Cattail :wink:
No dock at Take off Point? How the hell are you supposed to get on your boat????
We'll check it out, can't wait for warmer weather, just listening to the rain outside :cry:
Sara out

riverroyal
03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the info, I will keep pass along your info about Cattail :wink:
No dock at Take off Point? How the hell are you supposed to get on your boat????
We'll check it out, can't wait for warmer weather, just listening to the rain outside :cry:
Sara out
Ive been there,turned around and went to springs,place is a joke,if its windy GOOD luck