PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Marine Cat

25riverkid1971
02-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey I just got the new Eddie Marine catalog. It looks great. You know Ive called Rex Marine several times about getting one, and they are always telling me its still in production. Come on the last cat was done in 97. Im no expert on catalogs, but it doesnt take this long. Sounds like someone is just being lazy..
And the employees tell me to go on the internet to view a portion of the cat. Well I dont want to be rude, but that site needs help. Come on. You cant even order boat parts on line other than gauges.
It seems to me, that company doesnt have a clue about how to make money. The only thing they have going for them is that they have been around for years.
I think the Eddie one is awesome. They did a great job. Their site is awesome and I can order everything on line. WOW..
Eddie Marine seems to really know what they are doing when it come to catalogs.

bigq
02-06-2004, 10:50 PM
I won't go there again, unless it is to stick my foot up his ass.:yuk:

haulina29
02-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Now why would you post some garbage like that bashing one of the hardest working dudes in the industry on your first post ?
to call Mike lazy is the funniest thing ive heard in years . :confused:

Ntwotrance
02-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Just got mine in the mail today....so far not to bad...not as good a selection, but all in all prices are about the same....

LASERRAY
02-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 25riverkid1971
Hey I just got the new Eddie Marine catalog. It looks great. You know Ive called Rex Marine several times about getting one, and they are always telling me its still in production. Come on the last cat was done in 97. Im no expert on catalogs, but it doesnt take this long. Sounds like someone is just being lazy..
And the employees tell me to go on the internet to view a portion of the cat. Well I dont want to be rude, but that site needs help. Come on. You cant even order boat parts on line other than gauges.
It seems to me, that company doesnt have a clue about how to make money. The only thing they have going for them is that they have been around for years.
I think the Eddie one is awesome. They did a great job. Their site is awesome and I can order everything on line. WOW..
Eddie Marine seems to really know what they are doing when it come to catalogs. Tsk Tsk Tsk!!!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: That's a hell of a flame for a first post. It's probably not wise to call someone out like that when you're still so cherry, especially someone like Rexone or Rex marine. If you don't like rex marine then don't shop there. Eddie Marine is good, but you need not badmouth their competitors IMO. Anyway, welcome to the boards.

Tom Brown
02-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bigq
I won't go there again, unless it is to stick my foot up his ass.:yuk:
Are you talking about Eddie?

Blown 472
02-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Didcha yank yer meat looking at it?

Tom Brown
02-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by haulina29
Now why would you post some garbage like that bashing one of the hardest working dudes in the industry on your first post ?
to call Mike lazy is the funniest thing ive heard in years . :confused:
Well said, Haulina29.
Nice first post RiverKid. :D :D

bigq
02-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Are you talking about Eddie?
Yes, I am sure people really like him and maybe he was in mood when i was there so if ya need boat stuff go there, but I won't.;)

NorCal Gameshow
02-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Do you work for eddie ? WTF...
on second thought, it sounds like someone is bored and trying to stir some shiznit :rolleyes:

SoCal_fun
02-07-2004, 04:24 AM
If Rex's display at the LA Boat Show counts for anything, he gets my vote!! Great looking products, friendly staff! Should have bought that steering wheel while I had the Wifes ok and the checkbook handy..
Dam IT! :mad:

1stepcloser
02-07-2004, 07:29 AM
You know, I am a fan of Eddie Marine, spend money there every off season. They have always been courteous and professional to me every time I go in there.
Same goes for Rex, although I dont spend nowhere near the time or money there, for no other reason than my boat came with Eddies hardware and I'm a brand loyal person.
But this thread is bullshit. Sounds like some petty self promotion to me.
Or, more likelyOriginally posted by NorCal Gameshow:
it sounds like someone is bored and trying to stir some shiznit:rolleyes: at someone elses expense.
Either way it's bullshit and should be locked before it gets outta hand.
:mad:

Rexone
02-07-2004, 02:00 PM
It's been my experience that when a thread is started on one theme, then immediately takes off on a bash fest with the second sentence on a different theme, the original title of the thread wasn't really the intent or focus of the writer. The intent here wasn't to praise Eddie's catalog but was to bash me. Period. Mission accomplished.
It's also been my experience that if one doesn't want to be rude one generally just shuts up. For one to say they don't want to be rude, then immediately flop around and be rude... kinda makes one think they really did wanna be rude and are "lying" to justify the rudeness. Hmmmm. I have little respect for deliberate liars.
Eddie has a nice catalog. One thing we agree on.
Rex Marine doesn't yet have a finished catalog. Yes that's a problem. Rex Marine will have one soon. It's also old news on this forum. End of story.
The balance of assumptions, views I will not respond to. Can't make everyone happy and I have no illusions in that regard. That's just the way the world is.
Also I find that when one bashes, to have at least a shread of credibility, one should have identity and contact info in one's profile. Most internet tough guys don't seem to though...hmmm. Otherwise it's likely one is just on a shit stirring fishing expedition. Or negative ad campaign. I guess it is the political season.
If you feel the need to contact me please notice I have my contact information listed in plain view and don't hide behind a screen name.
Oh almost forgot. Welcome to the ***boat forums. :)

BoatFloating
02-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
It's been my experience that when a thread is started on one theme, then immediately takes off on a bash fest with the second sentence on a different theme, the original title of the thread wasn't really the intent or focus of the writer. The intent here wasn't to praise Eddie's catalog but was to bash me. Period. Mission accomplished.
It's also been my experience that if one doesn't want to be rude one generally just shuts up. For one to say they don't want to be rude, then immediately flop around and be rude... kinda makes one think they really did wanna be rude and are "lying" to justify the rudeness. Hmmmm. I have little respect for deliberate liars.
Eddie has a nice catalog. One thing we agree on.
Rex Marine doesn't yet have a finished catalog. Yes that's a problem. Rex Marine will have one soon. It's also old news on this forum. End of story.
The balance of assumptions, views I will not respond to. Can't make everyone happy and I have no illusions in that regard. That's just the way the world is.
Also I find that when one bashes, to have at least a shread of credibility, one should have identity and contact info in one's profile. Most internet tough guys don't seem to though...hmmm. Otherwise it's likely one is just on a shit stirring fishing expedition. Or negative ad campaign. I guess it is the political season.
If you feel the need to contact me please notice I have my contact information listed in plain view and don't hide behind a screen name.
Oh almost forgot. Welcome to the ***boat forums. :)
Very nice response Rex. I too hate guys that just get on the forums and there first post is a bash! Sit back and learn before you speak my newbie....

Mohavekid
02-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Well said Rex.
I guess some people (25riverkid1971) can't/don't remember the adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".
I can't wait for summer.:D

LAVEYSABRE575
02-07-2004, 03:13 PM
25riverkid you dick..........rex thanks for hooking me up with 2 polished halon fire ext. with the trick polished adapters..derek

OutCole'd
02-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks Mike & Rex for taking care of me and bringing my bimini mounts to the boat show for me.
Sincerely,
A Loyal Rex Customer.

DogHouse
02-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Good post Rexone. Much like all my dealings with Rex Marine, first class.
-brian

wsuwrhr
02-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Good response RexOne, shows class.
I like Rex and Eddie marine, Rex seems a little more custumer friendly at the counter though.
Did I mention the free sodas at Rex marine?
Brian
Mike, when do you think the catalog will be ready? haha.
Purchase your parts from SB Products at the Long Beach Swap Meet tommorrow at space 770.

fourspeednup
02-07-2004, 09:57 PM
One of these days I'll have the cash to shop out of the Rex catalog but until then it's JCWhitney all the way for me!:D

Jim Anderson
02-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Mikey, who'd you fire lately?
Rio i think it could be an employee of eddie machine. i called them for some v-drive parts and they told me they don't really deal in those type boats. so from now on i'm a rex fan thru & thru.

126driver
02-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Did you ask them about their special on taco stand wheels Jimmy?

Kindsvater Flat
02-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by 126driver
Did you ask them about their special on taco stand wheels Jimmy?
Talking with the owner of the famous K boat Krazy Kolors Express this evening, we were wondering how you, videoking 211 (you)l, and Jim (you) were doing. So you find that hot rod metro yet?

126driver
02-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Nice try. Go fish somewhere else.
And just so you know, I'm not doing. Thanks for asking though.

Kindsvater Flat
02-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Riiight.:D