PDA

View Full Version : Plumb Crazy/ Commander

RACRJEFF
02-06-2004, 09:55 PM
I, have a 26 signature 2004 cuddy with a pro- boat motor in it . They say it makes right around 400 hp. the boat always runs 66 to 67 miles an hour at 4800 rpm of which they say the motor needs to spin to 5200 and i should run 70 but its only got 13 hours on it so im a lil conservative. I personally like shake have had no problems with steve or sy and my boat has been flawless. If you like the signature then look into it, your gonna get people who arent happy with any company. If your serious and you do like the 26 signature drop me an e-mail and i'll take you out on mine and see what you think, if you decide that hey i dont like it then hey you know for yourself, not what some joker on the internet says always remember talk is cheap . As far as that other thread i can tell you that steve did not post any of that, he is aware of it and will have talk with the individual im sure, because it is uncalled for me and (SHAKE) love our boats but would not post stuff of that nature. So it's up to you if you want to take a spin e-mail and let's do it . No commander employees around just you and me and whoever you bring, if not can't say you werent offered the chance to let the boat do the talking and not people from the interent
racrjeff@aol.com (jeff)

dicudmore
02-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Sounds like the offer is there on the table.
Glad you are happy with your boat. Having fun is why we lay down the money in the first place...

COMMANDER FAN
02-06-2004, 10:18 PM
whats going on racerjeff,
u said u have a proboat motor, what block is it? Is that the same proboat in riverside, that shares a shop with marine power?Anyways glad u like your commander!

28Sport Cat
02-06-2004, 10:29 PM
on my 4th commander, all have been flawless, and sy a class act. have the 28 Sport Cat now, and the 26 signature before,always seems there is more to the story of the unhappy ones,than is being told. :yuk:

RACRJEFF
02-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by COMMANDER FAN
whats going on racerjeff,
u said u have a proboat motor, what block is it? Is that the same proboat in riverside, that shares a shop with marine power?Anyways glad u like your commander!
yes it is the same, i think its a generation VI ,its got the arizona speed and marine injection on it, its got all the good parts , its screamin for a supercharger but no funds for one yet. but im gonna have to step it up a little my buddy speaking of marine power purchased the 8100 hp2 from walter for his brand new 26 sig that just came out of the mold yesterday , hes going closed deck so im sure he should be able to break 70 mph and he will have a couple mph on me. but its all in fun ill just have to build a 2800 cat next year LOL

Craig
02-07-2004, 06:05 AM
Hey 28sportcat, did I see you boat up for sale? If so, are you moving up?

twistedpair
02-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by 28Sport Cat
always seems there is more to the story of the unhappy ones,than is being told. :yuk:
You're absolutely right, this is only a partial list of the after-delivery issues. I don't have the time to list all the things that were wrong and corrected before delivery. I' glad that you guys are having good luck with your boats, too bad so many Commander owners are not.
Two of my friends own Commanders. One a '95 (I think) 26 Signature, and one an '02 2800 Cat.
The signature has been a really good boat, gel and vinyl still look great, and it does not exhibit the ill handling characteristics that other 26 owners have detailed on this board.
The 2800 on the other hand, has not been so fortunate:
1. Engine replaced (after threat of lawsuit) under warranty
2. Leaking fuel tank (sponsons full of gas are a bad thing)
3. Owner-repaired fuel filler hose that was never clamped on after fuel tank repair.
4. Stress cracks in bow that were 'guaranteed' not to crack again after repair (they're cracked again)
5. Big peice of gel delaminated from side of boat (coincidentally the same sponson that was full of fuel)
6. Lost count on how many times the relay console has been replaced.
7. Over all just piss-poor after sale customer service. When you have to factor in an extra day when you go to pick up a boat that has been in the shop for weeks, just because you know your repairs won't be done when you arrive, that may be a problem.
Maybe Commander should concentrate less on outbuilding the 'new comers' and put more attention to detail in the boats they get the opportunity to build.
I'm buying a new boat this year, probably going to drop $80-85K, a big chunk of change for me. Rest assured, it won't be dropped on a Commander. I've spent too much time towing one.

Havasu Luvr
02-07-2004, 07:49 AM
RACRJEFF & To All Satisfied Commander Owners,
Finally Loyal Commander owners are registering and voicing their opinions. THis is good to see, but where the HELL have you been the past 3 years? I too was once a very happy Commander owner (2x, 25' & 26'er) but not everyone has been satisfied with Commander's Customer Service Dept that YOU have been afforded. We are NOT saying that all service is inadequate. We know that there is more satisfied customers then dissatisfied customers but Commander needs to be CONSISTANT in this dept. Don't believe that just because YOU recieve excellent service that every Commander owner recieves the same quality. So, when you read a board members thread of dissatisfaction then respect that fact that He/She may not have had the same quality of service. Express your quality of service recieved by the boat manufacture instead of accusing and bashing back.
PS. Welcome to the boards

DogHouse
02-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Cool, another Commander thread that can get locked down! ;)
Hey Dave, you and SMike gonna start another brawl? Troublemakers! :D

Havasu Luvr
02-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Cool, another Commander thread that can get locked down! ;)
Hey Dave, you and SMike gonna start another brawl? Troublemakers! :D
Brian, you should know us better by now:( we never start any brawls but we like to finish them:eek: You coming out in Mar to play (18-21)? Looks like the 24Rod's (Pops & Chris) will be there along with 5 other groups. I'll give you that tour of Magnatude Attitude with a 2 drink min.;)

DogHouse
02-07-2004, 01:30 PM
I do believe I'm in for the Mar trip... and lookin forward to that two drink min!
:cool:

Havasu Luvr
02-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
I do believe I'm in for the Mar trip... and lookin forward to that two drink min!
:cool:
:D :D :D

LAVEYSABRE575
02-07-2004, 01:44 PM
this thread has no bite...

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-07-2004, 01:52 PM
:cool: mmmmmm sounds good

DogHouse
02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
this thread has no bite...
Lavey and HTM suck.
:D

LAVEYSABRE575
02-07-2004, 02:59 PM
ya ya ya...derek

LAVEYSABRE575
02-07-2004, 03:00 PM
wait a second f--- off i know your boat i see you at the river....

DogHouse
02-07-2004, 03:25 PM
What, you see me at the river and don't even bother to say hello?!?!
Probably just as well, since according to HH, that would be one of my many imposters!
:D

LAVEYSABRE575
02-07-2004, 03:32 PM
brian is your motor ready to go ? are you going to spring heat wave...derek

Acommanderguy
02-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I talked to steve the other day myself, and told him that there seems to be some unhappy customers. I explained to him commandergrils problem and he said would look into it. I know that steve did not write any of the BS that was posted in any of the other threads. Hey every company has some jokers that can ruin a name of a company or individual. But look for yourself and not what a bunch of pin-heads tell you. I say take that guys offer and ride in his boat. You wont be unhappy with it. Another happy commander owner here

DogHouse
02-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
brian is your motor ready to go ? are you going to spring heat wave...derek
Motor is good, although I will be doing some idle tuning now that I finally bought a laptop. Changing the oil today... of course I bought the wrong filter so back to the speed shop I go! Haven't made definite plans yet for heat wave but I'll probably be there even if I don't enter. Always fun to check out the big gun hardware!
-brian

LAVEYSABRE575
02-07-2004, 04:05 PM
ya , im going to just hang out also not participating , good to hear your ride is coming together.....derek