PDA

View Full Version : How many boaters here from TEXAS?

460rogers
02-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Was wondering how many boaters from Texas view this forum,
and where do you usually go?
Sommerville is my usual hangout,Bigcreek park.

Greaser
02-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Im here, Sommerville is also my hang out. :D

jim
02-08-2004, 04:13 PM
We are from Spring. We also go to Sommerville,Lake Houston,Lake Livingston and Lake Corpus Christi for the Jetfest. Over at the Real Jet Boats web site we are in the process of gathering up some folks for a Lake Sommerville outing Easter weekend.

cookieman
02-08-2004, 04:48 PM
We are from Granbury,Texas which is about 35 miles S.W. of Fort Worth. We boat here on the lake and on the Brazos river. We are often found at Tin Top which feeds into Lake Granbury. In the fall we go to Plowman's for the cookout. I attended the Jetfest for the first time last year and will be looking forward to Jetfest this year. I am all so going to attend the Mousefest in Del Rio this year. I post lot of pics from our boating weekends on this site just look under the name"cookieman" in the image center. I usually have the camera each weekend that we go out boating. Hopefully I can make a few more lakes this year and meet new people with the same interest that we do. I enjoy meeting new people the you read about here on this site and a few others sites, so I can put a name and face with what I read here on the sites. Sure wished spring would get here I am ready to go boating.

460rogers
02-08-2004, 04:56 PM
If i can get my motor in the boat I'll be at sommerville easter.
hopefully will have another motor from cali. soon.
Look for a loud yellow youngblood.

dawgdude
02-09-2004, 04:43 AM
Hey 460 I sent you a pm about some other Texas Jetters. Looks like some of them have already posted here to.
Dawgdude--alias--FiveO

Liberator TJ1984
02-09-2004, 06:43 AM
On lake Corpus Christi..................Gopherrr
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/319Jetfest_2003_020-med.jpg

esabataj
02-09-2004, 06:50 AM
My wife and I and our 75 Sleekcraft normally go to Canyon Lake or Lake Medina here in the San Antonio area. We are going to try to make Del Rio this year and want some info about the Jet Fest in Corpis so we can try to plan our schedule.:cool:

Liberator TJ1984
02-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by esabataj
My wife and I and our 75 Sleekcraft normally go to Canyon Lake or Lake Medina here in the San Antonio area. We are going to try to make Del Rio this year and want some info about the Jet Fest in Corpis so we can try to plan our schedule.:cool:
get with Kelley or Mouse:D
For more info you can contact Mouse Hardwick at (liquidhotrods@delrio.com) or my self at kcraven@diwmsi.com
Gopherrr

vdrivenman
02-09-2004, 08:20 AM
we are from orange on the Texas/la border we have the neches & sabine rivers that empty into lake sabine, but the preferable spot is lake sam rayburn on rattlesnake island. clean h2o, white sand and plenty of room to run.
going to try & stay on track and make at least one group outting posted here in the central spots !
most of the previously listed places are a good pull, but i am sure it will be worth the trip !

wsm9808
02-09-2004, 08:11 PM
We live a zillion miles from any water, so we tow all over the state, but mostly San angelo, Possum Kingdom, and Brownwood.
We are trying to make it to Del Rio on Memorial weekend. I'm working on a 383 to drop in my Tahoe, and hope to have it in by then. The old tired 350 has been just barely enough to tow our bigger boat.

jerhodes
02-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Lake Tyler and Lake Palestine are the ones in East Texas.

sdba069
02-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey man......I live and breath Lake Whitney and the Brazos River at Chisolm Trail and Kimball Bend.........Besides I'm looking out the bedroom window at the river and Kimball Bend bridge right now. Not a bad deal. Hey Cookieman..what did you think about my blown alky 69 Camaro
?http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=589408

cookieman
02-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey Snowman that thing sure looks different since the Toys for Tots drive. The paint job looks great. It must me nice to have winter projects other than boats. When will you be ready to start running it and where? Can you make spring hurry up. TTUL Bill " cookieman"

rrrr
02-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey Garry, the car is lookin' good.
I was looking at some photos of Plowmans just tonight and telling my wife I can't wait for next October....
:D

sdba069
02-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Thanks............

TexasJet
02-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I live in Katy and go to Somerville alot. Usually hang at Yegua or Pecan Lake. I'll make it a point to come out the Saturday of Easter weekend. I go to Lake Belton, Canyon, Whitney, Travis as well. All good lakes.

TexasJet
02-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Cookieman, I lived in the condos the hang out over the water down by the dam on Granbury Lake. I worked at Comanchee Peak from the summer of 86 to 88. I have a lot of fond memories of that lake and the town of Granbury. Great people, great little lake, especially during the week thru the summer. :) :)

pgf127rt
02-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Texas Jet, Granbury is still a great lake during the week, I work around it all year long for the last 26 years and on the weekends we let the tourists have it but it is awesome during the week, those townhouses you lived at were on Sealy Ridge, now known as the Ridge.

TexasJet
02-15-2004, 05:33 PM
pgf127rt, I remember that now. Man, that brings back memories. My lady and I would sit on the deck in the evening in the summer time and watch the lightning show over the dam. Probably storms down at Waco. We would have a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream over rocks in brandy glasses and sit out there till the bottle was empty. We got so spoiled we would seldom put the boat in the water on weekends during the summer. We used to hang out at the beach to the left of the dam. I'm going to go dig out the pictures and the Baileys right now. :) :) :) :)

Shark In The Pond
02-18-2004, 05:17 AM
Jetting in West Tx. at Lake Alan Henry

jeffro
02-22-2004, 07:22 AM
texoma is the greatest! especially the party islands! :eek!: :eek!: :) :) :) :)

sdba069
02-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey Jeffro.....Do you know any history on your boat, i.e. previous owners, where it came from,etc.......

ratso
02-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Waco, Texas

68vd
02-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Whitney Texas. I just bought a 1985 Cheetah that needs a complete upholstry job. Any suggestions in the Waco or Ft. Worth area?

jboehm
03-01-2004, 06:27 AM
spring, tx here.

78sj
03-01-2004, 04:27 PM
victoria texas.... here going to be on lake corpus christi this year:D :D

bigd1
03-02-2004, 09:40 AM
I'm in Dallas. Spend most every weekend on Lewisville. Gonna make a few trips up to Texoma this summer with the new boat.

purplerain
03-02-2004, 02:02 PM
West Houston here!

460rogers
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
DANG!! How come I never see more than 1 other jet at a time then.

TexasJet
03-03-2004, 06:43 AM
:) I think you will see more than one the Sat. before Easter. Got your PM, great that it's on the way. Let me know when you get it.

Greaser
03-03-2004, 10:13 AM
<-----Counting the days:D
460 Rogers, let me know if I can give ya a hand on that Tx 19.

Hotcrusader76
03-05-2004, 08:19 AM
TPC Performance Carburetors will be relocating to Kerrville Texas later this year after Thanksgiving Day. Can't wait!

TexasJet
03-05-2004, 08:27 AM
San Diego to Kerrville, that shouldn't be much of a culture shock ;) Welcome to Texas yu'all!

Taylorman
03-05-2004, 08:37 AM
I have relatives in Houston and go there alot. Where is sommerville? When is jet fest in corpus?

Taylorman
03-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
TPC Performance Carburetors will be relocating to Kerrville Texas later this year after Thanksgiving Day. Can't wait!
Visited there last summer. Nice place, especially if you like to hunt.

Hotcrusader76
03-05-2004, 09:07 AM
The ironic thing of it all is I grew up in Medina Texas, not far from Kerrville. But yes, nonetheless it's going to be another culture shock.
I am quite the avid hunter, unfortunately last season sucked but I'll make up for this winter. I will be getting married this May out in Medina on the family ranch, "AR Ranch". Can't wait!:D
~Ty

TexasJet
03-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Taylorman, Someville is 90 miles NW of Houston. From Houston take I10 west to Sealy, go N on 36 for about 1 hour and you will see the lake. It's just before you get to the town of Somerville.

Jake W
03-05-2004, 09:36 PM
I grew up in Texas lived in Plano,Grapvine,Colleyville,Bedford,Corsacana,Branc h ,I think thats it.
Any of you guys(yall) go to Lake Lavone(sp) use to live down the road fron it I remember it had a shit load of trees in it though.
My Dad lives outside of Prinston clost enough to Lake Lavon you could walk to it.
Jake :D

Nick69
03-07-2004, 02:18 PM
I go to Ray Hubbard and Lake Palastine alot:cool: :jawdrop:

N2Lake
03-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Live in Lubbock and go to Lake Alan Henry, Possum Kingdom, and one Havasu trip a year

Shark In The Pond
03-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by LoneStarRage
Live in Lubbock and go to Lake Alan Henry, Possum Kingdom, and one Havasu trip a year
You going again to PK for the 4th this yr. ? I plan on going again some weekend this yr . don't have date yet and will stay as Bass Hollow . Let me know what date your going to PK ? Hell maybe we can even get Snowman to show up ? :D

rrrr
03-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
I grew up in Texas lived in Plano,Grapvine,Colleyville,Bedford,Corsacana,Branc h ,I think thats it.
Any of you guys(yall) go to Lake Lavone(sp) use to live down the road fron it I remember it had a shit load of trees in it though.
My Dad lives outside of Prinston clost enough to Lake Lavon you could walk to it.
Jake :D
The North end of the lake is a mess with all of the trees. I have a house and shop in Farmersville, just across the 380 bridge from Princeton. We launch our boats down the road at one of the parks further South where the lake opens up.
Lavon is one of the best lakes around Dallas IMO, not crowded at all, good skiing and fishing. Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone. If we wanna get crazy we go over to Lewisville and hang at the party cove.

crownline79
03-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Lewisville lake

N2Lake
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Shark In The Pond
You going again to PK for the 4th this yr. ? I plan on going again some weekend this yr . don't have date yet and will stay as Bass Hollow . Let me know what date your going to PK ? Hell maybe we can even get Snowman to show up ? :D
Not sure, may be needing to work to pay for the Havasu trip just 10 days prior :yuk:

PHX ATC
03-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by LoneStarRage
Not sure, may be needing to work to pay for the Havasu trip just 10 days prior :yuk:
You work?:D

N2Lake
03-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by PHX ATC
You work?:D
Not in a real physical sense ;)

Badboat1
03-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Sold my boat waiting for the new 29' Skater look alike to get done and see how it runs. I will be at the lake got to many freinds to not have a ride

VillainDave
03-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm moving to FlowerMound in June!

BoatWaco
03-17-2004, 11:48 AM
We hang out at Lake Waco, sometimes up to Whitney.

Greaser
03-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Welcome aboard BW. What kind of boat do you run?

BoatWaco
03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
We have a 2000 Sea Ray 190 Sundeck, runabout / ski boat. It's a good size considering Lake Waco is small (9K acres). How about you?

Greaser
03-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Im running a 75 southwind jet boat, silver and white.

baja204
03-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Katy TX. here, Run on the San Jacinto river, been to summerville a ffew times. Will be on lake in three weeks to try new motor and break it in

TexasJet
03-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Baja, where you live man? I live in West Memorial off Mason Rd. I also have a Baja.

baja204
03-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Live off Fry road. Have the baja at Victory Marine installing new engine and maybe a new drive. I have a 20'Baja

blowngas
03-25-2004, 09:08 PM
:rolleyes: West of Corpus Christi------where the pavement ends and the west begins!!!!

Hotcrusader76
03-30-2004, 12:37 AM
I'll be in Texas....very very very soon:D:D:D
Kerrville Texas.
~Ty

Liberator TJ1984
03-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Get your ass down here ..."Heaven" is waiting:p

Greaser
03-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
I'll be in Texas....very very very soon:D:D:D
Kerrville Texas.
~Ty
Will you be bringing your avitor along:D
I love that bouncing blue oval:D

propless
03-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Afetr living in Louisiana for four years, the family is back. New home in Carrollton. Sleekcraft 26' jet drive and ready to get wet.
Would enjoy hearing about the boat events!

460rogers
03-30-2004, 06:12 PM
HOWDY!!
Welcome back hope to have some get togethers soon.

TexasJet
03-30-2004, 06:47 PM
460, what's up for Sunday? I'm getting the boat back Sat. morning and plan to be a Somerville Sunday noonish.:)

460rogers
03-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Been working late at work,haven't got much done lately.
Will be out of town Fri and Sat for sure don't know about sun yet.
Still working on plumbing the fuel lines.

HalletDave
03-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Do I qualify?:D
I own a 1977 Hallett mini cruiser, I was born in San Angelo.
Dad was in the military and we moved to Edwards AFB, Ca. when I was 9 years old.
My mom still keeps in touch with old friends of the family, John and Mae Nasworthy.
Yes, that would be as in Lake Nasworthy.
I would love to move back to Texas but my job keeps me in California for now.
You all have a great summer.
God bless Texas;) :)

Greaser
03-31-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by HalletDave
God bless Texas;) :)
You said it brotha!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAAW!!!!!

Hotcrusader76
04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah I plan on putting something together for a season opener next year.
Hopefully a few could put something together real kick ass...."Propless"...."TexasJet"....whatcha think? Location?
And again...hopefully the blue oval will be dyno tested and ready to drink with the big boyz (pure C12:D)
Bouncing boobs (Jaime:D) will be there as well.....she's a Native San Diego gal (and wife "newlyweds")....and she fell in love with Texas!!!!! OOOhhhh yeahhh...
~Ty:D:D:D:D

TexasJet
04-01-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm up for that! Somewhere in the middle, sort of. Maybe Canyon Lake outside of Austin. :)

Nitro Neil
04-03-2004, 06:19 AM
What is the info on jet fest? Any other plans for local lakes? DFW. Is there something going on at whitney this year? I would like to check out some spots.Like Granbury during the week or ?:cool:

Liberator TJ1984
04-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Nitro,
I may stand to be corrected but here are the dates I have;
MouseFest : May 29,30,31 Lake Amistad -Del Rio,Tx Memorial Day weekend.
Meeting in the Middle ; July 3,4,5 Lake Medina,Tx.
JetFest: Sept. 4,5,6 Labor Day Weekend Lake Corpus Christi / Mathis Tx. @ Sunrise Beach
If the rest of you guys have any info. to add to this ....
More get togethers etc....please list them too.......
Some Pictures of last years jetfest have been posted on image center, go to the first page on image center and type in jetfest in the search window. You will see the ones Cookieman took and the ones OldFaithful Squirter took.
Gopherrr

cookieman
04-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Nitro You need to come down to Granbury sometime and run thr river with some of the local jetboats here. We normally go to Tin -Top which is up the river from Granbury. If you would go to the image center and search under cookieman you will see a lot of pics that I posted from last year. I also have lots of pics from Jetfest from last year. Give me a call early week sometimes if you want to hook up with a bunch of us and go to Tin - Top on the Brazos river. My number is 817 -713-0153 or 817 -910-1249.

charlie f
04-25-2004, 07:25 PM
I live in Mckinney Texas, I have a 78 Taylor SJ. and a friend of mine has 2 - 78 Taylor SJs.
We go to Lake Broken Bow in Oklahoma , it is a great lake for jets.
We also go to Lake Ouachita in outside of Hot Springs Ark. If you have ever been on this lake you will always go back.
We are always looking for places to take these boats.
Please keep us up-dated to any events.
Thanks

roostwear
04-27-2004, 02:07 PM
There are a few boaters registered on the Roostwear guest map (http://pub11.bravenet.com/guestmap/view.php?usernum=924333639) (and one in the Gulf?). Check it out and register... it's a good way to keep track of other boaters and meet new ones.

propless
05-01-2004, 04:47 AM
My little jet boat - I'm ready to get on the water. Can anyone tell me about Lake Grapevine or Lewisville, nice lakes for jets?
Thanks

cookieman
05-01-2004, 06:37 AM
Best I can tell you is that lake Lewisville has a great party cove but....... can be a little rough from all the big boats that run the lake. i have not put my Jetboat on the lake and know a few guys that have and they said to be careful. Now as far a Lake Grapevine, I use to fish and boat on that lake as a kid. It was a great lake. There use to be a web site on Lake Grapevine and I remember a few place that were the hangouts . I think one was down by Silverlake marina and the other was up on the north end of the lake around marshall creek area. It has been years since I have been on the lake but if I was to pick from the two . I would go to Grapevine. There is a nice marina on the Lewis ville side of the lake called Sneaky Petes which is suppose to the party place also. I do know from years a go before I got a jetboat we bought a jetski and took it to Grapevine for I first time out and watched a Bayliner broadside a run over to guys in a jetboat. The guys in the Jetboat were ok and pissed off because the guys just keep going and returned about an hour later. Everyone was ok except the jetboat with some damage to the side and the motor. I think the guy in the Bayliner was drunk and went to the marina to dump his beer, because when he did return he said he did not see the boat because he was changing the radio station. Anyways I hope to make Lake Grapevine sometime this year just to check it out myself. Hope you will get some other feedback and as always , It doesn't make any diffence which lake you go to as long as you boat safely. TTUL Bill " cookieman"

vdrivenman
05-01-2004, 07:13 AM
have or does anyone go to Lake Sam Rayburn. a big deep lake and it can get rough at times, but usually able to find a place out of the wind due to its size. the notorious Rattle Snake Island is still there, but no more N*^^# nationals,(races out of Tiger Creek) a couple of deaths & game wardens put the stop to that !
we were at Somerville last weekend, got rained out and came home early,but from what i saw scenic country and the lake looked really nice.
it is raining here AGAIN this weekend, maybe things will line out soon.
What is the NEXT scheduled event in or close to TEXAS !

Shark In The Pond
05-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Anyone ever boat on Alan Henry ( West Tx. )

dawgdude
05-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Another weekend with rain...Well at least I'm getting plenty of time to work on the boat. Wonder what that funny looking funnel thing is outside my window.

Greaser
05-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Yea, the weather in Texas has been terible lately. However, I did get out to Somerville this past Sunday. The water was the smoothest Ive seen in a long time. Made for some great boating. I finally got to open up the old Southwind. Got to take some great pics. Also met some guys from Tomball with a pretty nice Taylor. Overall, it was a great Sunday.

StealBlueZ
05-04-2004, 03:59 PM
awwwwww, man..... I'm in Carrollton, and go to Lewisville, and sometimes Grapevine and the Brazos. Not many places I can take mine and be comfortable with it. Besides, I aint even got the boat wet this year. After startin the new business and waitin on parts, I just aint had time to do squat on the floater lately. But when the AFR's get in, it should only be a few days till time to wet it!

crownline79
05-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Bring it out this weekend, Party Cove. I think i might actually make it out there sat.

vdrivenman
05-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey StealBlueZ !
Hug a Nut ! DANG !!!

StealBlueZ
05-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Nigga PLEASE...... whut's happenin' waaay down dere in de Swamps uh Soud Texas? You's been huntin' gato's o' crooks?
hollah

crownline79
05-04-2004, 07:02 PM
:confused:

rrrr
05-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by StealBlueZ
awwwwww, man..... I'm in Carrollton, and go to Lewisville, and sometimes Grapevine and the Brazos. Not many places I can take mine and be comfortable with it. Besides, I aint even got the boat wet this year. After startin the new business and waitin on parts, I just aint had time to do squat on the floater lately. But when the AFR's get in, it should only be a few days till time to wet it!
Randy, what up guy? I have the FE out of my v-drive, cleaning it up and repolishing everything. We bought a new big floater, 26' Chapparal. It's over at RoadRunner getting put on the trailer, picking it up on Tuesday, I hope.
Send me a PM when you are ready to party. We have a big group on Lavon that likes to have fun... :D :D

bigd1
05-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Time to head to the Lewisville Party Cove!:D

crownline79
05-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Who works on jet boats in the north dallas area, or for that matter in the dfw area, because i cant find anybody to look at my pump where greese is oozing out and piling up on top of it. Or if anybody knows about jets near The Colony and is wiliing to come by I can gladdly pay for any services rendered. thanks
Troy

oldbuck40
05-20-2004, 08:22 AM
crownline 79
try calling Mike or Dana Ward @ Mikes Pump and Speed SVC.
in Houston,TX. They will help you out. #281-820-1559
and they can get you all the parts you need.

crownline79
05-20-2004, 08:37 AM
houston is too far, i was trying to find someone local so the boat can be ready for Memorial Weekend

oldbuck40
05-20-2004, 09:05 AM
where exactly is the grease comeing out? what type pump? reason im asking mine puts out a blob about the size of a golf ball if i over grease it,and its right at the bottom of the front bearing housing. could be too much grease or a bad seal.

crownline79
05-20-2004, 03:19 PM
jacucci pump. what kind of greese should I use.

oldbuck40
05-21-2004, 06:31 AM
use a waterproof marine grease the same stuff you should use in your bearing buddies on the trailer

ESB
05-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Northside of Houston for me. Humble to be exact
I ride on Lake Houston and San Jacinto river. THe "hole" on the river is a partiers dream.

460rogers
05-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Welcome ESB
Do you ever go to Sommerville?
What kind of boat do you have?

ESB
05-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by 460rogers
Welcome ESB
Do you ever go to Sommerville?
What kind of boat do you have?
Ive never been there. Were is that exactly?
Im without boat right now.
My dad has a Skeeter bass boat that ive wakeboarding behind and we picked up a 18' Cheetah Jet boat with 454. Ive striped it down to hull and am getting ready to prep and paint it.
But thats still his boat. Maybe in next week I'll be picking me up this old ski boat that needs some tlc but it will be mine.
I was up in Conroe yesterday eating at Papas bar on the lake and that gave me the motivation to get rollin on this stuff. I only got on the water 3 times last year and im ready to get back in the swing of things.

460rogers
05-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Sommerville is not far just go up 290 to 36 take a right you can't miss it.
There are a lot of jet boat guys going there(hope to have my jet ready soon)its a nice lake with plenty of camping facilities.
I only have a Skeeter running now but soon the turd will be ready.
Good luck with the cheetah it should be a fun boat.

Jim Hall
06-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Hey ESB, I'm building a house on Lake Houston (started framing this past weekend)! Give us a shout on the board next time you go and we'll hook up!

EASYSTROKE
06-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Jim,
Are you on top or bottom of the damn?

ESB
06-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jim Hall
Hey ESB, I'm building a house on Lake Houston (started framing this past weekend)! Give us a shout on the board next time you go and we'll hook up!
Cool deal,
What location are you building in? Im a landscaper/tractor man and I did some work on an awsome house in Lake Shadows on the east side of lake just last week.
I used to live on the water in Spanish Cove in Huffman WAYYYYY back in the day. I miss it so much.
Easystroke- Im guessing hes on Top side of Damn considering Ive never heard anyone refer to lower side as lake.
I spent many a summer on the Newport beach just south of the damn.
Nice to see some locals :D

Jim Hall
06-02-2004, 04:39 AM
I'm above the dam. The area is called Indian Shores on east side of lake. I have about 260' of water front in a cove next to launch ramp. We looked at some property at Spanish Cove but decided we did not want to hassle with the City of Houston. I have wanted to put in below the dam but always end up on lake. We go up to north end where it's river and usaually have it to our selves.

ESB
06-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah I know the spot your at. Nice area.
Its great up there were lake turns back into river in Kingwood.
Water is so smooth and perfect for boarding.

Sweet Addiction
06-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Just replying to those that are here in Texas.
I am a new member and really appreciate all the info and tips I can get about what I should do to my boat.
I am down here at San Marcos, and I usually like to go to Lake Travis and hang out in Devil's cove.
If you ain't bringing heat then don't bring it at all.
Later.

460rogers
06-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Howdy
There are lots of good folks here with boating knowledge.
And the rest of us trying to get old jet boats back on the water.
Hope to have some get togethers planned for central Texas area.
Any ideas ? Anyone ? Please post them.

Greaser
06-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I got an idea...........How about lake somerville, and day this summer:D I went out today, water was great. Met up with 2 other jet boats out at Pecan. Had a great time