PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know Of A Taurus SHO For Sale ?

Hallett19
02-09-2004, 09:25 AM
I have a friend looking for a Ford Taurus SHO, either a 1994 or a 1995 and it has to be a 5 spd. Let me know.

Kilrtoy
02-09-2004, 09:47 AM
What does he need it for,
FEAR FACTOR:confused:

Hallett19
02-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
What does he need it for,
ummmmmmmm........ to drive..... :D

fourspeednup
02-09-2004, 11:40 AM
I know of a 91, minor damage to rear end (scrapes and needs tail light)
Real fun, stealthy cars:cool:

NastyOne
02-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Hallett19
I have a friend looking for a Ford Taurus SHO, either a 1994 or a 1995 and it has to be a 5 spd. Let me know.
Tell him I'm sorry

fourspeednup
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
What's wrong with SHO's?

CrazyHippy
02-09-2004, 12:27 PM
better than the POS version
BJH:D

Hallett19
02-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Stealth factor baby !! :D

Keithb87
02-09-2004, 03:31 PM
check your pm. :D

totenhosen
02-09-2004, 04:30 PM
You got to do a unlimited mileage search on autotrader.com. You can also search ebay.

Hallett19
02-09-2004, 06:04 PM
I did, its damn near impossible to find a 5spd. The 94-95 are the better of the 2nd generation ones.

fourspeednup
02-09-2004, 08:01 PM
I had a 91 with a bunch of the SHO-shop goodies. Kept getting anti-Ford shit from my friends so my buddy made up some Yamaha stickers to cover the blue oval. The motor ended up in a sandrail after it got hit while parked in front of my house.:frown:

Sleek-Jet
02-09-2004, 08:31 PM
I did, its damn near impossible to find a 5spd. The 94-95 are the better of the 2nd generation ones.
What's wrong w/ the 93's? Mine has over 185,000 miles... and it's a 5 speed... no, it's not for sale.

Hallett19
02-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Nothing wrong with the 93's but the 94 and 95 have some upgrades that make it a little better, better brakes, interior upgrades, blah blah. How do you like your SHO ? How does it run after 180K and what are some of the problems these cars face as they get older ? What options do you have on it ?

Sleek-Jet
02-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Nothing wrong with the 93's but the 94 and 95 have some upgrades that make it a little better, better brakes, interior upgrades, blah blah. How do you like your SHO ? How does it run after 180K and what are some of the problems these cars face as they get older ? What options do you have on it ?
Best car I've ever owned, a definite sleeper. I used to like to hound mustangs and camaro's on the interstate. Euro-trash cars like BMW's and Mercedes were fun to play with also. Most people underestimate the "SHO-gun" Fords.
Replaced the clutch at 100K and the timing belt at about 110K. My brother and I learned how adjust the valves and do that about every 50K miles.
The Valve covers tend to leak a little, watch out for this. Otherwise the oil ends up in the spark plug wires where they go down into the cylinder head... a bad wire is bad news.
Body and interior are typical Ford, lookin' a little worn after 11 years, but it still runs like a top.
It's kind of hard to find 5 speed 94 and 95's since the automatic was introduced in 94. I always like the 93's because they didn't have the stupid little spoiler on the back, but otherwise the cars look the same.
Talk to the guys at the SHO-shop, they definitely know about these cars and have alot of expertise in tuning and keeping them running.

Keithb87
02-10-2004, 11:08 AM
My 93 had a spoiler on the back.:)

Sleek-Jet
02-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Keithb87
My 93 had a spoiler on the back.:)
Factory???

Keithb87
02-10-2004, 11:20 AM
I think so, but we got it second hand.
It had the LED 3rd brake light in it.
And I think was an option in 93 and standard in 94.

Sleek-Jet
02-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Keithb87
I think so, but we got it second hand.
It had the LED 3rd brake light in it.
And I think was an option in 93 and standard in 94.
Mine has the third brake light on the deck lid behind the rear seat.
But after looking at my motor-pool inventory sheet (the insurance bill), I know why my 93 doesn't have a spoiler on the back... it's a 92. :rolleyes:
Shit, I own entirely to many cars if I can't keep the years straight.
Regardless if it's a 92 or a 95, they are fantastic cars. Too bad Ford/Yamaha quit building that motor, it's what makes the whole package.

Keithb87
02-10-2004, 11:27 AM
LOL :D

fourspeednup
02-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Regardless if it's a 92 or a 95, they are fantastic cars. Too bad Ford quit building that motor, it's what makes the whole package.
Yamaha made the motor. Taurus SHO=Fordaha/Yamaford:D

Keithb87
02-10-2004, 11:34 AM
I recently figured out that it wasn't the Ex that I missed so much, It was the Taurus SHO.
That thing would cruise 120 no problem, and corner like a dream.
I had 225-50-16's on it, a little oversized, and funnier than shit to watch the tire guys try to put that tire on the factory 16x7's
But talk about holding the road.
Great Car
Two thumbs up :D :D

Sleek-Jet
02-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Yamaha made the motor. Taurus SHO=Fordaha/Yamaford:D
I went back and changed it right before you posted. :D
Keith, I ran the same tires also. Always wanted to put 17's on it and add Eibach springs, but never got around to it. Along with the higher performance struts it would make an even better canyon carver. :D

Chris Winn
02-10-2004, 01:44 PM
hey sleek-
the sho is fine car, but watch what you say on the euri trash BMW's and Mercs, they booth make versions that will eat everything but the viper and Zo6 (but could give both of them one hell of a run for their money) and cash them both out on the top end.
you should not bag on what you dont understand- the "euro trash" cars are pretty good now days, i own one of the hot ones,and it will eat anything your sho's will throw at them.
like i said the sho is a great car, but do ot bag on others cars to make yours better!

Keithb87
02-10-2004, 01:52 PM
:rolleyes: whatever :rolleyes:

Sleek-Jet
02-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Well I was going to say Yuppie Skum cars, but I didn't want to offend anyone. :D j/k It was a joke.
Look, I never said the SHO was a better car (or faster, or better handling), just making the point it could (and still can) hold it's own against some more traditional perfomance cars, and on a budget... and be reliable.
For my money (and I don't have a bottomless supply of it) I can't beat the bang for the buck I get out of the SHO.

Chris Winn
02-10-2004, 02:42 PM
hello sleek,
i understand, i have one of the fast 5 series (tuned by dinan @alomost 400hp) so i have my fun with the mustangs (used to have a 2000 cobra) and the camaros (and the ocastional vette)
the sho is a great car, my dad had one of the first ones (i want o say a 91 or 92) and he still thinks that it was one of his favorite rides (he traded it for one of the s/c t-birds back in the mid 90's (also a great car).
just had to give us "euro trash" some props, i love cars and this new one has been a dream come true for me- i didn'd come easily into it.

Hallett19
02-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Trust me, if the budget permitted I would have put a wanted ad for a 2003+ E55 AMG, but at a $2000 SHO or a $82,000 E55, I'll keep my 80 grand and buy a SHO :D AHHHHHHHHH THANKKK YOUUUU!!!!

Chris Winn
02-10-2004, 05:00 PM
i can see your point, i do agree that it is good peforance per $$$, but my point was not to bag on those that do drive euro cars, we have our reasons for them.
i like the e55 it is great striat line hot rod, but rather pricey also. i guess the point is taht they are all good cars for the level that they are meant for, and to be enjoyed by all not call "trash":D

fourspeednup
02-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Damn I missed the one argument that I could have added to...oh well.
four((has a friend at SHO shop w/ 12 sec, 150 mph taurus))speed
:cool:

Chris Winn
02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
i'm really not trying to stir up shit (yet) but a 150 mph car is worth about 9 seconds in the 1/4. unless you mean that it is a 12 sec 1/4 car with 150 on the top end.
mine is good for 13 sec in the 1/4 with about 175 or so (not yet proven, but 3/4 tank with 4 people in the car @165 mph 5800 (out of 7000 available) would speak well. plus the car will smog (in cali) and is still uder factory warranty. 12 secs is good in the 1/4, BUT, i would like to see what it is worth abot 2.5 secs later (we all now that freway roll ons are one hell of alot different than a set of lights and timers.
i respect anyone who runs waht they can bring, but dont bash the others, if not i cqan ask if my wife would run you guys in her H2 with the lingenfelter motor (650hp) that is worth about 6.5
0-60 (and can tow a big boat)
:D
all fun aside, aren't all cars we enjoy really fun???? does it reallyatter whats on the nose???

fourspeednup
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Oh no, no, no. Not 150 at the top end of the track---shit he should only wish! This is a daily driven, CA smog car as well. It has the SHO shop blower package tweaked to a little under 485 hp(depends on pulley). His whole thing was to show the reliability of the goodies the company sells. What is the lingenfelter setup in the H2? That sounds real cool! I'd love to see that run next to the 12 sec. D-max in Chevy hipo last month...both towing boats of course! I'm not a fan of the H2's but that one would probably get my blood going. I hope you've done some tranny mods to help it live behind that 650 hp motor:eek: Post some pics of that setup as well as specs if you can. (Pref. in another thread since we've pretty much hijacked this one, sorry:D )

Chris Winn
02-11-2004, 09:13 AM
now that would be and sho i would love to have a ride in
on the h2, it will never tow anything as well as the chevy, ford or dodge with diesels, not ever no way!
but it does tow my boat (attached pic) really well, and i take tow at 75 with the H2 in 4th gear (overdrive) up the pass on the 15 and the 40 on the way to havasu. it also gets alomost 14mpg now (vs 9mpg stock)
to answer the beefing up question, the lingenfelter package includes the trannly rebuild with a higher stall (i cannot remember the absolute stall speed) coverter. but they did a full rebuild of the tranny.
the limiting factor on the H2 is the suspenstion, it uses coil spring with air bag (auto level is cool though) but it is not heavy duty enough for more than about 8000 or so lbs. funny the front and rear diff are all 3/4 ton equipment (with the brakes from the 1 ton) i belive that the rear end is the 14 bolt (with and electric locker)
it will never out tow the purpose built tow trucks, but it does ride good, i love love to see peoples faces when they get dusted by an H2 and then notice that it was my wife driving it (it is her car)
if you are ver out there, and what to trey it let me know?? it is really fun!!

Chris Winn
02-11-2004, 09:15 AM
resend with the pic added
now that would be and sho i would love to have a ride in
on the h2, it will never tow anything as well as the chevy, ford or dodge with diesels, not ever no way!
but it does tow my boat (attached pic) really well, and i take tow at 75 with the H2 in 4th gear (overdrive) up the pass on the 15 and the 40 on the way to havasu. it also gets alomost 14mpg now (vs 9mpg stock)
to answer the beefing up question, the lingenfelter package includes the trannly rebuild with a higher stall (i cannot remember the absolute stall speed) coverter. but they did a full rebuild of the tranny.
the limiting factor on the H2 is the suspenstion, it uses coil spring with air bag (auto level is cool though) but it is not heavy duty enough for more than about 8000 or so lbs. funny the front and rear diff are all 3/4 ton equipment (with the brakes from the 1 ton) i belive that the rear end is the 14 bolt (with and electric locker)
it will never out tow the purpose built tow trucks, but it does ride good, i love love to see peoples faces when they get dusted by an H2 and then notice that it was my wife driving it (it is her car)
if you are ver out there, and what to trey it let me know?? it is really fun!!

Hallett19
02-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Stick 'em up everyone, this is a highjacking !!!!

Sleek-Jet
02-11-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm suprised it's lasted this long. :D

fourspeednup
02-11-2004, 12:19 PM
May have to hit you up on that offer one of these days;) Cool magic, I'll keep an eye out this summer. We'll have to swap tow rigs for a bit once I get my slammed diesel 4spd lincoln project done:D I'm a total gear head and get a little carried away when someone's talking about something I can actually relate to;)
Check out my new project...it's still on the drawing board but give me some ideas!
Slammed lincoln diesel (http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000019)
Oh yeah, anyone have a 94-95 SHO for sale?:D

Hallett19
02-11-2004, 07:59 PM
[i]Originally posted by fourspeednup
Oh yeah, anyone have a 94-95 SHO for sale?:D
ha....ha....ha..... :rolleyes:
:D Nice try !!