PDA

View Full Version : My new F250

jackpunx
02-10-2004, 08:47 AM
I traded my GMC in for a 04 F250 4x4 crew cab long bed.. I take it in for lift, wheels/tires, grill and quadzilla next week. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943New_truck-med.jpg
If anyone has a GMC/Chevy Long bed that is interested in a soft shell and rack.. Its very functional.. I would love to keep it.. but it dosnt fit my new truck.
Heres a pic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/943Boat_and_truck-med.jpg

JetBoatRich
02-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Nice Mark, Laraiat?

jackpunx
02-10-2004, 09:05 AM
I got the XLT sport package. Not as many gadgets as my other truck.. but .. still very comfortable and seems to have a lot more room.

JetBoatRich
02-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
I got the XLT sport package. Not as many gadgets as my other truck.. but .. still very comfortable and seems to have a lot more room.
You will be happy, especially when pulling the boat:D

HotHallet
02-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Who's lift are you using and what size tire?

jackpunx
02-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Im putting the Edge 6" with 37s

bigq
02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
well I like your boat anyway.:D J/K
I looked at Ford since I have always had one, but now I have a Dodge. The Ford does have quite a bit more room.

jackpunx
02-10-2004, 04:05 PM
lol.. yea.. so far it seems to have a bunch more room..Im pretty happy w it so far.. we'll see how it acts when I do the mods.. I'll make sure to post the pics..

fourspeednup
02-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Looks like a powerstroke emblem on the door? Am I right?;)

jackpunx
02-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Yep.. :D I will be going out to Arizona this weekend to get it lifted at SDHQ... Anything exciting going on out there?

fourspeednup
02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
I live in my own little world on campus...it doesn't really count as being in AZ;)

jackpunx
02-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Well.. I'll be out there.. PM me if you want to hang out.. Im leaving sat morning for the river:D

riverbound
02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Congrats on the new truck, you will love it. Wait til the first time you tow with it.

fourspeednup
02-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Spent the afternoon hangin with jackpunx hitting a couple Tempe hotspots. The truck's bitchen, we were rollin back to the pad and had to get over...some focker didn't wanna let us in so he opens it up to get in and roasts the tires! Full on burnout at 20 mph towing the 22' boat! Mind you this truck just got it's lift and is tuckin 37's!:cool:

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Spent the afternoon hangin with jackpunx hitting a couple Tempe hotspots. The truck's bitchen, we were rollin back to the pad and had to get over...some focker didn't wanna let us in so he opens it up to get in and roasts the tires! Full on burnout at 20 mph towing the 22' boat! Mind you this truck just got it's lift and is tuckin 37's!:cool:
Impressive, Mark the lead foot:D

Doug H.
02-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Where's the beef, i mean pics ? MARK

JetBoatRich
02-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Doug H.
Where's the beef, i mean pics ? MARK
Rumor has it, he took his boat with him to AZ and out having fun:wink:

fourspeednup
02-14-2004, 02:29 PM
He left our fair city this mornin, headed for Havasu:cool:

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Nice truck and nice front end.....

roln 20s
02-16-2004, 08:21 AM
fourspeednup- it was great to meet you and hang out. You know where I live, call me and come by anytime.
Jackpunx- how was the river? All of my neighbors thought that I finally put my money (lots of it) where my mouth is and bought a boat with a fu&$ing huge thing sticking out of the top (as one neighbor said). Glad I got to meet you and definately glad I could help with a place to stay. Let me know any other time you are in AZ. I should have taken some pics and posted them- I'm sure you will do it soon.
PS- Your truck is bad ass. I'm in love with those 2 backup lights :D
Roln 20s

fourspeednup
02-17-2004, 07:19 AM
roln20s-House is lookin good, let me know when the next PARTY is...and I'll bring down some ASU sluts(after the jacuzzi is finished;) )
jackpunx-Where you at? How was the trip? :cool:

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey Fellas,
Well the first thing I have to say.. is a BIG thanks to forspedenup and Rolln20.. :D (you guys are welcome at my house, boat, my whatever any time) It was really good to meet you both and thanks for the hospitality.. I have been really fortunate on these boards with regards to the people I have met.
So I took off on Thursday night and got to Phoenix at about 4am.. Tried to go to sleep out in front of the shop.. (Its freagin cold out there).. They started working on my truck at about 830 and was done at 1.. These guys rocked..!!!.. So now.. Ive been up all night.. And I call Forspedenup.. He lives on the ASU campus.. (in the dorms) ... I went over there with my boat attached and we hung in the city and on the campus.. it was pretty cool.. Lots of young... (well you know what I mean ..he's that man out there):D But I felt really old ..lol..
So later that night we met up with Rolln20s...We rolled over to his house.. (Very nice house).. And we all talked for a while.. It was really cool to meet these guys.. Rolln let me crash at his house.. I left my boat there.. and went and picked up my friend at the Phoenix airport.. came back... loaded up and then off to Havasu.. The sun was out .. the birds were chirpin..We watched the fireworks that night.. Launched the boat the next day.. it was killer.. got a little sun to start the season..
I fill my truck up to leave.. I get home and still have between a 1/4 and a 1/2 tank of fuel..
I love this thing.. Should have done it a while ago..
PICS..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Truck_mods-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Exahust_picmy_truck-med.jpg
So I decided to do a little suspension work on my truck..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431ryans_truck_1-med.jpg

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Just kidding...:D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431Mytruckdoneat_shop-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431truckdone_at_my_house-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9431truck_done_at_my_house_1-med.jpg

JetBoatRich
02-17-2004, 01:46 PM
The truck looks great Mark, looks like they did a awesome job:D

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Rich.. Im really happy with it..

HotHallet
02-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Looks great jackpunx. I work for Truckin' Magazine so if you ever need any advice on what products to choose when doing upgrades let me know. We have tried and tested everything. I have a lifted Silverado now with 33's and 4.56 gears with headers and exhaust but eventually want a Superduty. Diesel is the only way to go!

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 02:43 PM
thanks HH,
What are the suggested upgrades on the superduties?.. as far as lift and power upgrades (exhaust, intake)..
I loved my GMC .. but I should have done this a long time ago..:D

HalletDave
02-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Mark,
The new truck looks awesome. After reading the whole thread, I decided I ain't gonna race you with the Hemi.;) :D

jackpunx
02-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Dave,, I'll let you drive my truck in the race.. that way you'll be sure to win.. lol... its not like yours.. but.. I tell ya.. for such a big heavy truck.. this thing is a hotrod.. it trips me out:D ..

HotHallet
02-17-2004, 03:21 PM
JP- For the diesels Bully Dog Technologies makes a great package. We did a tech article on a '03 250 diesel in our Fall 2003 issue. The article was titled horsepower magic. We installed a Bully Dog Technologies Power Hound computer chip, Rapid Flow induction air intake, and Rapid Flow 4-inch aluminized exhaust. The gains were considerable! Give me a call at 714-712-2127 and I'll see if I can get you a copy of that issue.
HotHallett

CrazyHippy
02-18-2004, 10:38 PM
STVKeith is the guy to talk to about Diesel power.
He works for DieselDynamics here in Vegas, and seems to really know his shiznit. Not to mention he is a really nice guy, nad an Outboard owner:D
BJH:D

Restless22
02-19-2004, 10:02 AM
jackpunx- how does the 6" edge kit ride. I heard the superlift 6" kit was a nice ride. Im looking for some info., im fourth and inches, ready to buy an 04 psd. Ill already have the welds and the 37's.
Do you need to change the gears when you run the 37's or are the 3.73's fine..
BTW kickass looking rig!!!
-Restless

jackpunx
02-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Restless22
jackpunx- how does the 6" edge kit ride. I heard the superlift 6" kit was a nice ride. Im looking for some info., im fourth and inches, ready to buy an 04 psd. Ill already have the welds and the 37's.
Do you need to change the gears when you run the 37's or are the 3.73's fine..
BTW kickass looking rig!!!
-Restless
Thanks on that. I’m really happy with it.. The Edge kit rides really nice. I don’t really have any experience in any other lifs on fords. I had a GMC with a procomp lift.. This one rides much better. I did a lot of research and it seems that the edge came out on top. I had to do some small cuts but that's about it. As far as the gears>>> Don’t need them. I had the speedo adjusted back to 35's .. so its a little off but not bad.. I added power instead.. It will roast the 37s as soon as the turbo spools up. As far as mileage.. I drove from Havasu to LA (about 350 miles) towing my boat at about 75-80 ,, I got home with between a 1/4 and a 1/2 tank left..
Do you have a place in mind to buy the truck?.. I got mine at 500 over invoice. The guy said that he would give that deal to anyone I sent him.
Good luck
Mark

Restless22
02-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Thanks on that. I’m really happy with it.. The Edge kit rides really nice. I don’t really have any experience in any other lifs on fords. I had a GMC with a procomp lift.. This one rides much better. I did a lot of research and it seems that the edge came out on top. I had to do some small cuts but that's about it. As far as the gears>>> Don’t need them. I had the speedo adjusted back to 35's .. so its a little off but not bad.. I added power instead.. It will roast the 37s as soon as the turbo spools up. As far as mileage.. I drove from Havasu to LA (about 350 miles) towing my boat at about 75-80 ,, I got home with between a 1/4 and a 1/2 tank left..
Do you have a place in mind to buy the truck?.. I got mine at 500 over invoice. The guy said that he would give that deal to anyone I sent him.
Good luck
Mark
thanks for the info! that really helps! I got a quote from a dealer that is about 200 miles north of the bay area... for a 4dr. liariet. shortbed he said 42300 otd. it sounds about right. they sure dont give these boys away. Is that about the price you payed??

jackpunx
02-19-2004, 10:43 AM
I got the fully loaded XLT 4 door long bed with sport package , camper package, fx4 package ... 38,500 the msrp was 44,999

H20bug
02-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Nice lookin' truck jp. For most things ford diesel check out www.thedieselstop.com . Just about all the info you will ever need!:D

Kilrtoy
02-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Sweet bro,
That looks awesome.
WHY so far to get lifted and how much

Havasubum
02-21-2004, 03:54 PM
kilrtoy
did you ever get your truck lifted yet? if so pictures and details

Kilrtoy
02-22-2004, 01:13 PM
No,
not a priority right now,
but the wife is busting my balls about it.
She wants it done......

JetBoatRich
02-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
No,
not a priority right now,
but the wife is busting my balls about it.
She wants it done......
Jackpunx's truck came out nice, I am seriously thinking about getting mine down in the next month if I have the free time.

Dragboat Dad
02-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Nice truck jackpunx, I have almost the same truck except white. I put a 4" superlift on it and I'm really happy with the ride. I didn't want to go too high because I pull a 5th wheel. I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine.

Havasubum
02-22-2004, 09:30 PM
sweet looking ride there jackpunx. looking to get one soon, hows the new desiel motor?

Dragboat Dad
02-23-2004, 07:38 AM
I have the new diesel and really like it. Some people have had problems with them. The only problem I've had is a main seal oil leak that I'm not going to have fixed right now because they don't seem to have a fix for it yet. It only leaks alittle so I just wipe off the oil when I wash the truck. It certainly has a lot of power. I'm not getting the milage some are talking about but I have larger tires and do primarily around town driving. The new transmission is really bitchin', shifts very positive and the tow mode works well too.

jackpunx
02-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Sweet bro,
That looks awesome.
WHY so far to get lifted and how much
Thanks man,
I got a smokin deal and they specialize in Super duties..And it was a good excuse to break in the truck The only thing that bummed me out.. is if something needs tweeking .. They are to far away.. check out the web site..
http://www.superdutyheadquarters.com/index.htm

jackpunx
02-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Dragboat Dad
Nice truck jackpunx, I have almost the same truck except white. I put a 4" superlift on it and I'm really happy with the ride. I didn't want to go too high because I pull a 5th wheel. I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine.
Thanks!. I love the truck so far. The ride is better then my GMC 3500 with a 6" and the power is unreal. I haven’t taken it off road yet.. But I have always been pretty gentle on my trucks anyway.. Its how I get to the lake :D

H20bug
02-23-2004, 02:21 PM
jp, hoe do you like the quadzilla overall? Did it firm up the tranny shifts? Were you able to do away with the speed limiter? got a friend looking at one of those
bug

jackpunx
02-23-2004, 04:16 PM
The shifts are soft.. It will give a delay when you dump all the power down. As far as the speed limiter.. I have not had the truck over 90 yet.. so not sure about that one.. If your local and want to check it out.. let me know
Mark

Kilrtoy
02-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Awesome site,
If you dont mind how much to lift and tires rims all that good stuff....

JetBoatRich
02-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Awesome site,
If you dont mind how much to lift and tires rims all that good stuff....
If you have to ask, you can't afford it:eek:

Kilrtoy
02-23-2004, 10:23 PM
If you have to ask, you can't afford it
Thanks Rich,
I can't , BUT DAMN LET ME DREAM.....
:mad:

JetBoatRich
02-23-2004, 10:53 PM
If you have to ask, you can't afford it
Thanks Rich,
I can't , BUT DAMN LET ME DREAM.....
:mad:
I am thinking of trying to get mine done in the next month or so. Looks like time is not on my side.:o

Kilrtoy
02-24-2004, 12:49 AM
So what is the price:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jackpunx
02-24-2004, 09:11 AM
I got Lift, wheels, tires, exhaust, intake, quadzilla module, grille and reverse lights .. all installed in 5hrs.. $6100.00