PDA

View Full Version : Vacant Havasu Lots for sale

moneypit
02-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I have come across a development thats located on the California side of the lake outside of the Havasu Landing Resort. These parcels are not on the Indian reservation. They range from 10,000-13,000 square feet.. The price range is from $10,000-150000 per lot. This developement was started many years ago but never took off. The streets were paved at one point and each lot has utilities included. There are many that were purchased years ago, but the developer had past away. The family is now selling the rest of the lots. I would estmate that there are close to 30 lots available still. I am planning a trip down in two weeks to look at the area. I have to two friends that will be going with me and plan on buying lots also. I will be taking pictures and posting them.
Right now a have a place in Havasu Landing on the front row.. but I would like to get a place I can own. The nice thing about this location is that the ramps at the Landing are available to use... No long lines at the ramp like Arizona side....
I have been waiting for something like this for years. I asked the owner if she minded that I mention this on ***boat. She was hesitant because she wanted to make sure that the people understood that the Indians have tried to cause problems in the past. But she also said that there are no worries since she has all the government paperwork. I will be looking into this further.
The owner stated that these are not lake view lots. She did say however that they are close to the water and the water is within walking distance or buggy distance.
I have contemplated buying property in Havasu city, But my concern was that I wanted to feel like I was on vacation, not in a city. Especially on big weekends.
Anyone who is interested in these properties, let me know. I would be happy to give you the information when I get it. It may take a few weeks.
Sportsdc@pacbell.net

NOTALENT
02-11-2004, 02:05 PM
do u know around which are or how far from havasu landing the lots are?

moneypit
02-11-2004, 02:08 PM
I would estimate that they are 3-4 miles.

NOTALENT
02-11-2004, 02:14 PM
is that after or before havasu landing???

moneypit
02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
upriver

NOTALENT
02-11-2004, 02:18 PM
what do u pay for the house in havasu landing? for the lease that is...and also do u know if there is a website or info for the homes for sale in there?

moneypit
02-11-2004, 02:25 PM
The lease payments can vary. We have been there for almost 3 years. So I could not tell you what they charge now. Our payment is around 250.00. There is not website for homes inside the park. I used to have the Ph No of the lady who takes care of it. You can get her name and number by calling the landing and asking for the ladies number who takes care of re-sale within the park.
I saw a sheet about two months ago and there was several mobile home for sale. They ranged from around 70000 to well over 100,000.
There is a website for Havasu Landing, you can get the parks telephone number from there.

OutCole'd
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
This sounds great, look forward to seeing more on this.

No strESSEX
02-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I'd like to hear more about this as well. :D

Tab
02-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Are there full utilities(water, electrity, sewer, gas, refuse)? Was the owner more specific re the trouble with the indians(any physical damage to property or just paperwor problems)? If physical damage, what has been done to change that? What is the state of the paved roads now? I'm interested....

JetBoatRich
02-11-2004, 10:25 PM
walking distance, but no lake views?
Would like to know more, what are the laws about parking an RV there while we build? If anybody knows.

moneypit
02-11-2004, 11:36 PM
From what I know. there is water sewage, electrical etc... I beleive that everything is in the street. She stated that some of the lots already have electrical on them the others would need to be run (im guessing this would mean that some of the utilities would need to be run but its all there) There would be no problems about having RV's and such during building. The streets were paved at one time.. they have dwindled away. Once a certain amount of ownership is obtained then re-paving could be done. They tried to get San Bernadino to be a part of it, but didnt seem to have interest, so the streets would be the responsibility of the owners. From what I have been told one of the residents takes care of the road ways when any storm hits.
The trouble with the indians has been only paper war. I beleive it has to do with "right of way". I will know more later. The owner stated that she has not had a problem with the indians for quite sometime. I wouldnt expect any problems since the indians are having there own problems now with being taxed on there gambling profits.. but I will know more. The owner is out of town. As soon as she gets back I will pick her brain more.
The reason that there is no water view is because of the bluffs between the property and the water.
Sportsdc@pacbell.net

Doug H.
02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes, please keep me posted along with JetBoatRoach.

moneypit
02-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Anyone who wants to be notified about the property needs to send me an email and I am keeping a list of everyones addresses. I will forward any info.
I will be going to view the properties and take pictures next weekend. I will be talking to the owner Monday.
Dave

Sandbar Mike
02-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the info Money pit.

old rigger
02-12-2004, 08:38 AM
moneypit,
Do you know the Garrisons? They're on the front row over at Havasu Landing. I think they've been there for almost 40 years. Maybe you guys are neighbors?? Their daughter is married to one of my buddies.

JetBoatRich
02-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by moneypit
Anyone who wants to be notified about the property needs to send me an email and I am keeping a list of everyones addresses. I will forward any info.
I will be going to view the properties and take pictures next weekend. I will be talking to the owner Monday.
Dave
sent you a PM

moneypit
02-12-2004, 04:09 PM
I dont know the Garrisons. I would know them by face.

GRASS PAY$
02-12-2004, 06:28 PM
sounds neat

FRANK THE TANK
02-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Give us more when you can..............
:confused: :confused:

moneypit
02-12-2004, 10:39 PM
No problem. I will give more info by early next week. I will be going out next weekend and I will be taking photos to post. FYI there are around 93 lots available.
Dave

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by moneypit
No problem. I will give more info by early next week. I will be going out next weekend and I will be taking photos to post. FYI there are around 93 lots available.
Dave
93, we can build a little HotCommunity homes;)

AzDon
02-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Over the 13 years I have lived in Havasu there has been quite a bit in the newspaper about ownership disputes on that side of the lake. There are 1 or several (I'm not sure) colonies on the California side that were established before the Chemhuevi reservation was established. I'm not sure if they were homesteaded or if clear title was established.... I know that the Santa Fe railroad originally claimed blanket title to a lot of property in this area.
My recollection is that the tribe has been ceded title to ALL the property that these settlements are on and that those homeowners that have not signed leases with the tribe are unable to leave their property unattended for fear of being locked out when they return. Whether it's right or wrong, the Indians seem to be holding the winning cards!
If it is only 3 or 4 miles north of Havasu Landing, I believe that it is on the reservation. The only paved access on that side of the lake to hwy 95 is through the reservation.
I would suggest being very careful about buying anything over there and would do it only if a title company/ title insurance is part of the deal, and only ifaccess to the property can't be blocked.

roln 20s
02-13-2004, 10:38 AM
What would you expect the difference to be between the 10K lot and the 150K lot? If they are within a few thousand sq ft of each other, I think I will take the 10K lot :D
Thanks for posting this info- definately look forward to reading more.
Roln 20s

moneypit
02-13-2004, 02:36 PM
AZDon,
I know that the owner will be selling the property through a title company.
From what I have learned so far is that this land is owned out right. I also beleive that the railroad had something to do with this area of land also. What I mean access to this land would be through the railroad area. (I will be looking more into this.)
The indians have tried in the past to block entering these properties, but they have been unsuccessful since all papers are legal. Something to do with the railroad. The owner has copies of al the paperwork.
I talked to a resident of this area today on the phone and he said that there hasnt been any problems with the indians in quite a long time. He also explained that he believes that this land will be a good investment for the future.
I agree that caution should be taken with regards to this property. Thats why I am doing as much research as I can prior to purchase.
If you come across any more information, I would appreciate it.
Dave

roostwear
03-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Dug this back up again... anyone ever get the real deal on this?

prosthogod
03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I didn't see this before but it sounds interesting. I would be interested in the facts and figures.

Ducatista
03-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Didn't somebody on the boards get shot at by some crazy Injun lookin at these lots last year??? Does sound interesting Moneypit...worth lookin into.

rivrbrat
03-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Are you talking about the North Estates Lots?

rivrbrat
03-28-2005, 10:39 AM
If you don't mind me asking what is the property owners name is? I think I know her. thanks

moneypit
03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Im busy at work right now... I will dig the stuff up when I can.. Yes its the North Estates... I think they have all been sold out. So. Cal. Edison is getting ready to intall power to all the lots. Water is already there.
Check back later

moneypit
03-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Vacant Havasu Lots California
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the contact ionformation to the lots on the califonia side of Lake Havasu.
Jayne Land & Development Company
Eleanor Buck, President
Telephone 310-454-2124
Fax 310- 573-6236
Email: ebuck@earthlink.net
Louis Richhart's lives in North Estates and can show you lots or answer questions when you go to the land. His cell # is 760-272-9323. His home phone is 760-858-9204

rivrbrat
03-28-2005, 11:47 AM
I thought that is who you were talking about. We already own a couple of lots there. That is good to know about Edison..... Thanks for the info

hoolign
03-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Post deleted due to stupidity :D