PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras....New Orleans!

sandblasted
02-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Anyone else going this year? We leave tomorrow out of LAX for 5 days of debauchery!!
I still cannot believe I'm going 1800 miles just to get drunk and throw beads!:D

Screaming Pete
02-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Don't forget to bring the digi cam and send us pics:)

JetBoatRich
02-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
I still cannot believe I'm going 1800 miles just to get drunk and throw beads!:D
It is what you get for the beads from what I hear:wink: Greg have a good time and be careful :D we will hit the bikes when you get back:cool:

fourspeednup
02-11-2004, 10:31 PM
My sis+bro-in-law promised me they'd show me around when I'm of "legal" age and can participate in said debauchery. He's a Luisiana native and she does a lot of work there. Can't wait! Have a good time and take plenty of pics!:D

sandblasted
02-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
My sis+bro-in-law promised me they'd show me around when I'm of "legal" age and can participate in said debauchery. He's a Luisiana native and she does a lot of work there. Can't wait! Have a good time and take plenty of pics!:D
Got the digital camera packed with a 128mb card...I hear them Hurricane drinks can really mess with you, Let's hope I can still focus the camera! :D

fourspeednup
02-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Be sure to get some of them oysters too! I hear they're real good!:cool:

Moneypitt
02-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Since Hoss is no longer a wild drinking kinda guy, you could arrange for a sober guide/driver while in N.O. Hey Hoss, you out there? Step on up and help these people out with some southern hospitality...........Moneypitt

fourspeednup
02-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Hoss aint round these parts rit now...otherwise he'd of responded to this...
banks ad (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40113)

LASERRAY
02-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Have a Planters Punch on me and chase it with a Hurricane. Have fun and watch-out for pickpockets.:cool:

JetBoatRich
02-12-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
watch-out for pickpockets.:cool:
Greg was here the other day and we had the very conversation:frown:

sandblasted
02-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Have a Planters Punch on me and chase it with a Hurricane. Have fun and watch-out for pickpockets.:cool:
I've heard it is the pick pocket capital of the world during mardi gras....It would be just my luck to have one of the bastards pickpocket my digital camera after I take a 100 pics of bead covered boobies! :D

HOSS
02-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Lot of people bro. Watch for pic pocketers and just scammers in gebneral. They flock here from everywhere in the world for Mardi Gras. Take a cab everywhere. And yes they will over charge you. Most everything is in walkin` distance though. Where are you stayin`? Details my man. I can help. Out here 4 blocks of Garden District and the next block,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,projects,dope, gangstas, etc.
Don`t buy any pussy in the Quarter `cause its probably a fag! You`ve got to go to Pat O`briens for Hurricanes. Keep the glass! They will box it up for you. Also get a pic. Cat`s is way cool also. Stay out of the stripper joints,,, way costly and there is more free pussy on the street. You know like out of town college girls just achin` to be a woman! PM me bro. I`ll respond today.

JetBoatRich
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Hoss, how is the non-drinking going:rolleyes:

sandblasted
02-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by HOSS
Lot of people bro. Watch for pic pocketers and just scammers in gebneral. They flock here from everywhere in the world for Mardi Gras. Take a cab everywhere. And yes they will over charge you. Most everything is in walkin` distance though. Where are you stayin`? Details my man. I can help. Out here 4 blocks of Garden District and the next block,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,projects,dope, gangstas, etc.
Don`t buy any pussy in the Quarter `cause its probably a fag! You`ve got to go to Pat O`briens for Hurricanes. Keep the glass! They will box it up for you. Also get a pic. Cat`s is way cool also. Stay out of the stripper joints,,, way costly and there is more free pussy on the street. You know like out of town college girls just achin` to be a woman! PM me bro. I`ll respond today.
Leaving in about 10 minutes for the airport....I don't have to worry about finding any strange women...I'll have the wife with me!;) We will definetely hit Pat O'briens for the hurricanes!! and Harrahs for a little gambling action...
We are staying at the Hampton Inn on Carondelet, which is about 1-2 blocks from Bourbon street...Couldn't find anything in the French Quarter for less than $270 a night!
As far as helping me, just pray for my liver!!
:D

sorry dog
02-12-2004, 08:28 AM
I always had fun at this Karioke Bar- I think it's called Cats Meow- but then again I was usually really gone by that time- and it's not good to be in there real late, but I'm sure Hoss knows all the details.
I like the parade close to Tulane a lot more than the 3 inch of mud in the quarter.

HOSS
02-12-2004, 08:49 AM
270 a night! Damn dude you got a killer deal! Good luck and have a blast. Try all the seafood you can get your hands on.
I`m stil on the wagon and plan to stay on it. I feel great! No urges at all. If I could just quit smoking. Got a baby on the way so I gotta think about living now. Guess the party had to end sooner or later.
Cats Meow is a really cool place. Hit it!
Crawfish will be in season soon so I`ll take orders soon. Will notify evryone when the price starts to drop. I can have a sack deliverred to your house. I`ll have the bags of seasonning with it too. Just boil with the bag I provide and have beer for everyone.

Screaming Pete
02-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by HOSS
270 a night! Damn dude you got a killer deal! Good luck and have a blast. Try all the seafood you can get your hands on.
I`m stil on the wagon and plan to stay on it. I feel great! No urges at all. If I could just quit smoking. Got a baby on the way so I gotta think about living now. Guess the party had to end sooner or later.
Cats Meow is a really cool place. Hit it!
Crawfish will be in season soon so I`ll take orders soon. Will notify evryone when the price starts to drop. I can have a sack deliverred to your house. I`ll have the bags of seasonning with it too. Just boil with the bag I provide and have beer for everyone.
very nice Hoss I'll be looking forward to that post, squezz some tail suck up them juceis yum yum:)

carbonmarine
02-12-2004, 10:24 AM
HOSS I WILL DEFINITLY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT CRAWDADDY DELIVERY SERVICE......
Rick32

HOSS
02-12-2004, 10:37 AM
March is when they start the harvest season. Runs really good to around mid June when the shells start gettin` hard. Prices right now are too high. $1.69 pd. Obviously more to ship them but I will handle up. I will provide the bag for ya`ll too. And yes directions and what else to put in the pot. Like celery, potatoes, corn, sausage, artichokes, etc. And there is one more item for seasonning but I will only disclose it in the directions and it will have to stay a secret with those people. I can have them deliverred boiled as well but that takes the fun out of it. And if you follow my instructions you will have better crawfish. And just for the sake of all knowing I will NOT jack the price on shipping or cost. It will be a ***boat exclusive.
For those who do get them you will have to buy a pot, stand, and of course tank. Home Depot has a nice rig and I`m sure ya`ll can order them from one near ya`ll. A TURKEY FRYER WON`T CUT IT! It has to fit at least a 35 pd. sac.

Screaming Pete
02-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Hoss I got 3 of them Turkey frying pots are you saying them crawdads down thier are bigger than a Turkey:D WTF But if you say i need to get a bigger pot I will. And your resipe will go to the grave with me. I respect thing like that

HOSS
02-12-2004, 11:06 AM
The bigger pot is because I`m only gonna send 1 bag per boil. Empty the entire bag of mix in the pot for 1 sac up to 55 lbs. And beer kegs work. The stainless(old style) don`t hold a sac and you can`t put a basket in it. Never tried witht the new aluminum ones. I just bought Home Depots setup and no hassle. The beer keg (stainless) is great for crabs and shrimp.

sandblasted
02-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Hate to drag up my old post but I got to say Mardi Gras in New Orleans is one hell of a party!....It's everything I heard it was...
I think their motto is, "Booze, Beads and Boobs, 24 hours a day, everyday"....and they are not lying....We had plans to try and do a couple of tours during the day before we started drinking but they all fell apart, due to drinking!!:D
If you ever thought about going to Mardi Gras do it! It is one hell of a party!!

LASERRAY
02-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
Hate to drag up my old post but I got to say Mardi Gras in New Orleans is one hell of a party!....It's everything I heard it was...
I think their motto is, "Booze, Beads and Boobs, 24 hours a day, everyday"....and they are not lying....We had plans to try and do a couple of tours during the day before we started drinking but they all fell apart, due to drinking!!:D
If you ever thought about going to Mardi Gras do it! It is one hell of a party!! Did you buy any pussy in the quarter? 'cause Hoss advised against it Ya know! - :D Although I do remember him suggesting a Saguarro peddler somewhere near Pat O'Briens. :D