PDA

View Full Version : while we're at it....

bordsmnj
02-12-2004, 11:39 PM
what's up with starbuck's? not only is there one on every corner it's like poele put on their trendy gay suit to march down there and look smart paying 2 bucks for a shitty tasting"grande" cup of coffee. soooo stuffy in there. i 'll take mine from am/pm-24 oz. and i'll FILL IT my self.:D
oh,yeah. jetboat.

mbrown2
02-12-2004, 11:44 PM
There kind of like 7/11's...on every corner...only difference is less shit and no middle eastern guy behind the counter...
Some 7/11's even have better coffee...unfortunately, I have about $50 in Certificates I still need to burn through..

bordsmnj
02-12-2004, 11:48 PM
7/11, am/pm,which ever happens to be in my flight path for whatever frwy i'm using to get to work or where ever.i am kinda kickin' starbucks in the pants a little hard .i mean,they're just tryin' to make a buck. it's just the whole hang out-at-a-coffeeshop"scene" i guess that's, well,gay.

mbrown2
02-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
it's just the whole hang out-at-a-coffeeshop"scene" i guess that's, well,gay.
Ditto that...this morning I am fiening for a cup and need to burn the gift certificate...and I pass one of the three Starbucks on my 3 mile drive to work thinking to stop....and I see the friggen line 20 people deep....guess I will keep driving seems that place is the morning board room with all those slackers in there...:D

NorCal Gameshow
02-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
7/11, am/pm,which ever happens to be in my flight path for whatever frwy i'm using to get to work or where ever.i am kinda kickin' starbucks in the pants a little hard .i mean,they're just tryin' to make a buck. it's just the whole hang out-at-a-coffeeshop"scene" i guess that's, well,gay.
true, there's a drive thru starbucks up here... pull right on up grab your $$$$ mocha and avoid the scene :D
i've had to cut back...i want to retire someday:)

ROZ
02-13-2004, 12:02 AM
The other day I went in to give their coffee a try... I had to ask the lesbo next to me how to order.... I guess I missed that class... Then the f'n thing was like 7 bucks when I was done! Shit, I can get a dozen donuts, a large cup of 7-11 coffee, and a lotto ticket for that much.. :D

bordsmnj
02-13-2004, 12:06 AM
try asking for a pack of smokes to go with that 7 dollar heart attack.the look they'll give yuh alone is enough to make me wanna quit -again.

Rexone
02-13-2004, 01:43 AM
hangin at starbucks = http://www.impywheels.com/images/gaypride.gif

FMluvswater
02-13-2004, 02:30 AM
Starbucks is everywhere here in Vancouver too. It's kind of amusing that at Davie & Thurlow (I think?) there are two ... kiddie corner to each other! :D Why I've no idea! LOL! Seems overkill to me to have two at the same intersection; but then that is Starbucks for ya. :rolleyes:
Hate the swill they try to pass off as coffee; tastes like burnt tar smells, IMO. :yuk: I only like their iced coffees.
Oh and they sell chocolate covered espresso beans, too and I most definitely like those! :D
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/justbrewit.jpg
Edit: I forget others don't know Vancouver- Davie Street is in the West End of downtown and has a high homosexual populace. :)

bordsmnj
02-13-2004, 10:41 AM
that's funny:D

Havasu_Dreamin
02-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
Starbucks is everywhere here in Vancouver too. It's kind of amusing that at Davie & Thurlow (I think?) there are two ... kiddie corner to each other! :D Why I've no idea! LOL! Seems overkill to me to have two at the same intersection; but then that is Starbucks for ya. :rolleyes:
Starbucks has said many times they don't care how clsoe their stores are to each other, they want as many stores out there as possible. Even if one takes some business from the other.

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Starbucks coffee tastes like shit and smells like urine! McDonalds coffee is better....

fourspeednup
02-13-2004, 12:06 PM
In Ventura, there's a starbucks store 2 doors down from a brand new Vons which....you guessed it....has a starbucks in it:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
02-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
In Ventura, there's a starbucks store 2 doors down from a brand new Vons which....you guessed it....has a starbucks in it:rolleyes:
Funny how they do that:eek: they added a Starbucks in the Vons out here as the strike started it was suppose to open:rolleyes:

JustMVG
02-13-2004, 12:50 PM
starbucks seem to be like Walmart, find a spot add water and pooof you have a franchise just waiting for customers, they're like drug dealers, once your hooked on your new spot, if they closed the place the folks in the neighborhood would go nuts:) :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-13-2004, 12:52 PM
They got rid of the out door coffee cart at the university and put a Starbucks in the library:( I agree that their coffee tastes like crap (burnt dirt IMO). I don't get what the attraction is. Do that many people like burnt coffee?
Remember the earlier thread about Walmarts putting smaller companies out of business? My favorite coffee house is a mom & pop outfit. They have four stores in the area (30 mile area). Mom runs one, and her three sons each run one. About a year ago, Starbucks put a shop in three doors down from the store I usually go to. The good news is, the community got really pissed and it has got to be the biggest money loser in the chain because I never see more than two people in there at a time. Eventually they'll probably win, but not with nay of my $$$. If they were the only coffee place available (which it looks like they want to be) then I'd go without--switch to Mountain Dew or something to support my habit.
P.S. my name is Angie and I'm a caffiene junkie.

FMluvswater
02-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Angie. :) (That's the expected response, right? ;) :D ) I think you just might be in good company on the caffeine junkie score. :D
I'd quit but the reasons to do so have yet to outweigh the pleasure and benefits of a great cup of coffee. :D Bad downside to quittage too is that nasty decaffeinating headache. I choose to remain caffeinated. :D
Oh yeah and Starbucks coffee still sucks sweat socks. :D

ROZ
02-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Starbucks coffee tastes like shit and smells like urine! McDonalds coffee is better....
It's hotter too :D
I bought the big 2? oz'r and 2 big donuts from 7-11 this morning... finished the donuts by the time I got out of the parking lot :D

Tom Brown
02-13-2004, 01:28 PM
What is this place you people call "Starbucks"? I take it they sell coffee? :confused:

FMluvswater
02-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
What is this place you people call "Starbucks"? I take it they sell coffee? :confused:
No. Go back and read carefully. You've missed crucial information.

Kilrtoy
02-13-2004, 04:48 PM
I always wondered how much a cup cost.......