PDA

View Full Version : Dual drive Magic or Conquest deck boat

Essex29
02-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Has it been done? Any idea's on this?

Screaming Pete
02-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Thats what Trident Custom Boats is doing on thier boat, talk to Froggystyle (Wes):D

PerfectionDtail
02-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by TheGreyGoose
Has it been done? Any idea's on this?
2 motors are too heavy for those boats

Kahuna
02-13-2004, 09:17 AM
The only Dual drive and engine setup for a deck boat that I know of is the 34 foot Advantage Party Cat with Twin 496 Mags. It goes for $158,900.:eek:

Froggystyle
02-13-2004, 09:20 AM
The center sponson is way too small for a dual drive jet, if that is what you are talking about.
We wanted to use this drive, so we started with a clean sheet and worked from there, using the ability to install a dual drive jet as a threshold requirement.
As far as I know, and our patented bottom would indicate, we will have the only dual drive jet tunnel boat in this size range. I'm pretty sure we will have the only tunnel hull in any size with it as well. It may work for mod-v's well though.
Anyway, drop me an e-mail if you want any more info.
Thanks,
Wes

welk2party
02-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Considering their size and purpose, dual eninges would be a waste. You get plenty of power and economy from a single. Remember it is a party barge.:D

Havasu Cig
02-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Kahuna
The only Dual drive and engine setup for a deck boat that I know of is the 34 foot Advantage Party Cat with Twin 496 Mags. It goes for $158,900.:eek:
That price seems to be in the ballpark for a twin in that size range. You are going to pay over 100k for the smaller deck boats with singles unless you go completely stripped down.

Essex29
02-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Sorry...I meant ther Dual Jet Drive.

Essex29
02-13-2004, 10:15 AM
I think it's the opposite now. With the addition of the second jet it becomes more efficient.

Infomaniac
02-13-2004, 11:20 AM
It just needs an awesome engine :D

superdave013
02-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Do you have a shallow water application or something?
I just don't understand the reasoning as to why someone would want to pay more money to use more HP to get less performance.. ???
RD
shit stiring again I see

Froggystyle
02-13-2004, 02:32 PM
How is it shit stirring? That's just asking a legitimate question..
RD
Yeah, but you have heard the argument before, and still want to hear it again... :D
More efficient... Less efficient... they are in different performance catagories. The jets are WAY more efficient out of the hole, onto plane and pulling skiiers. The prop still holds an advantage on top end if propped for it. If propped for a competetive bottom end with a jet however, it would be markedly less efficient on the top end, and I will speculate that the jet would out-perform it.
The bottom line is, they are two different creatures. If top speed is your only concern, you have a valid point. I spend most of the time in my boats NOT going the top speed though, and for my money I would rather have something that is better equipped to do the job I ask it to do most.
Not to mention the safety factors, reliability factors and cost factors. The jet is the hands down winner in these cases.

Jordy
02-13-2004, 03:39 PM
RD <---- prop guy till I die.
I thought you were going to buy my yellow boat which happens to be a jet? :confused: :D
jordan"stirringitupabit"paulk :p

Jordy
02-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, there turbo.. I never once said I was buyin anything!
And that ladies and gentlemen is the correct method of stirring... :D

Jordy
02-13-2004, 03:51 PM
RD <---- was going through my video footage this morning and happened upon a few "Jordy" clips... :D
That's funny, because I was going through a bunch of pics on my computer and happened on a bunch just beggin' to be altered... ;) :D

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:08 PM
And you don't think that there are some unaltered RD pics and vids floating around? From what I've seen, JBB is the only one without pics to be found. :D

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:10 PM
OK, now you need to focus your Valentine's aggression on someone other than me. I can't help ya out bud. :p

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Boy just becuase you got yerself a perrty lil girlfriend now your almost acting like there ain't no history here..
Don't you remember the spoonin?
RD
Actually, I don't. But I did see the pictures. ;) :D

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:27 PM
was something sore when you woke up?:D

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
was something sore when you woke up?:D
Nope. If anything, my ribs should have been with 4 chicks jumpin' up and down on them... :cool: :D

Jordy
02-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Jordy, if your ribs were sore... They were sore from being bruised on the inside. :D
RD
Now that's funny. Where's HH? RD made a funny... :D

rivercrazy
02-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Holy Shit that was funny.......What a great day to be postin on the boards! :D :D