PDA

View Full Version : Got it in!!

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Doesnt look supertight in this pic, the yard gets wider toward the back, but I actually had to move the water supply line for the house to get this thing to fit. On top of that theres the damn transformer box in the front yard so i had to add a front hitch to the truck to manuever around that POS. Even after all that I was a little skeptical whether I could get it back there or not, but it fit. Called around a bit and woulda been around $150/mo or so to store the damn thing. What a relief :coffeycup

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 09:25 AM
gotta make the pic smaller, exceeds the size limit, damn thing wont fit anywhere :mad: brb

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 10:02 AM
ok got it to fit in here now :cool:

Jyruiz
03-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Fits good in there, good job.

Biglue
03-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Doesnt look supertight in this pic, the yard gets wider toward the back, but I actually had to move the water supply line for the house to get this thing. On top of that theres the damn transformer box in the front yard so i had to add a front hitch to the truck to manuever around that POS. Even after all that I was a little skeptical whether I could get it back there or not, but it fit. What a relief, called around a bit and woulda been around $150/mo or so to store the damn thing. What a relief :coffeycup
You may want to try and look into buying a powermover trailer dolly. My boat is parked in a perfect spot on my property. The only problem is that the driveway entrance is 90 degrees to where it is parked. Owning the dolly had made moving it much easier. I've owned the dolly over a year now. Be prepared to spend about a grand on one though. But considering the cost of a storage space it has paid for itself and will continue to do so. Just a suggestion.

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Fits good in there, good job.
In that photo, I am actually on the other side of the gate with the camera :boxed:

Biglue
03-28-2006, 11:08 AM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12506 In that photo, I am actually on the other side of the gate with the camera :boxed:

Hardly Satisfied
03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
remember ,don't ever get in a hurry , very cool that it fits

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 12:06 PM
remember ,don't ever get in a hurry , very cool that it fits
Yeah, i can only see the set of tires next to the house when im pushing it in, got the wife on a walkie-talkie to let me know if i need to stop (or what ive got to fix :220v: )

2Driver
03-28-2006, 12:07 PM
The real test comes after a long day on the lake, a couple of beers and it's 105 out.
Rememebr John Candy in the great outdoors picking up the rental flat bottom :rollside: ?

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
The real test comes after a long day on the lake, a couple of beers and it's 105 out.
Rememebr John Candy in the great outdoors picking up the rental flat bottom :rollside: ?
LOL, i should prolly just leave it in the street till morning :messedup:

THOR
03-28-2006, 12:16 PM
You mean "Suck my Wake"
"who wants to go for a ride in a kick ass drag boat with uncle Roman?"

framer1
03-28-2006, 12:36 PM
All you need now is a patio cover off side of house for rain and sun. Good job :)

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
All you need now is a patio cover off side of house for rain and sun. Good job :)
I dont think i could get a permanent structure approved. Theres some sort of code against a certain amount of overhead yard coverage and weve got a patio cover thats almost 1k sqft already. Ive been thinking about one of those carport things that you see people parking 5th wheels and stuff underneath, only smaller.

framer1
03-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I dont think i could get a permanent structure approved. Theres some sort of code against a certain amount of overhead yard coverage and weve got a patio cover thats almost 1k sqft already. Ive been thinking about one of those carport things that you see people parking 5th wheels and stuff underneath, only smaller.
That would work.

ThongMagnet
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Have the power company come out and move the transformer box. It is obstructing access to your RV parking spot.
APS in Phoenix moved the one in my front yard, and centered it between me and the neighbors property line for free. They came in the day, while the neighbors were at work. When they came home, I got a knock on the door asking me if I had someone move the transformer, I told them the Power company came out to fix something, and when they were done, it sat evenly on both side of the property line.
If the power company does not want to move it, just smash it a few time with the truck, so they have to come out every Sunday night when you get home to fix it. They we move it.

buzzaro
03-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Have the power company come out and move the transformer box. It is obstructing access to your RV parking spot.
APS in Phoenix moved the one in my front yard, and centered it between me and the neighbors property line for free. They came in the day, while the neighbors were at work. When they came home, I got a knock on the door asking me if I had someone move the transformer, I told them the Power company came out to fix something, and when they were done, it sat evenly on both side of the property line.
If the power company does not want to move it, just smash it a few time with the truck, so they have to come out every Sunday night when you get home to fix it. They we move it.
This thing is already centered on PL, although i have thought about smashing it more than once already :220v:

Daytona19
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
This thing is already centered on PL, although i have thought about smashing it more than once already :220v:
If you smash into it be careful those transformers usually carry primary voltage into them (not always) which could be 4800 volts/14,400 volts or in these parts even 12,000 volts. Could get real ugly if something grounded that primary out or somehow two phases got together. But if you do run into it Im sure the guys would appreciate the overtime, do it after 5 pm.LOL.