PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Sink Installation

WILDERTHANU
02-17-2004, 12:20 PM
WITH THE PURCHASE OF MY FIRST HOUSE I HAVE HAD TO DO ENDLESS UPGRADES AND REPLACEMENTS. TONIGHT I'M DROPPING IN MY SS KITCHEN SINK. I HAVE MY OWN IDEAS ON HOW IM GOING TO SECURE IT, PLEASE GIVE MY SOME TIPS ON THE BEST MEANS.....ITS GOING TO SIT ON TOP OF BRAND NEW CERAMIC TILE.

Nubbs
02-17-2004, 12:43 PM
In order for it to be a good installation you've got to use duct tape somewhere.:D

ROZ
02-17-2004, 12:57 PM
This is a job for ....... Mandelon! :D

Mandelon
02-17-2004, 01:01 PM
TA Da!!! Wow, right on cue. Good thing I logged on for a minute to see what I am missing. BTW, I am not invisible.
The sink should have a little track built in underneath it and come with some clips. The clips tighten it down as you turn the screws from underneath. They hook over the plywood subdeck under the tile.
It is recommended to lay a bead of clear silicone caulking under the lip before you set it down to keep water from getting in under the lip. If you get silicone all over, wait till it dries and scrape it up with a razor blade....
Sometimes you need to get longer screws for the clips if your deck is thicker than the clips are made for....
Worst case, you can just use the adhesive slicone and put a bucket of water in the sink to hold it down till it dries.

XTRM22
02-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Speaking as a professional, I'll 100% agree with Mandelon. I couldn't have described it better without pictures.
Chuck
"Homebuilder, Remodeler, General all around Construction Trash" :D

Mandelon
02-17-2004, 01:33 PM
I am so proud. Pardon me while I bask in the glory of being right for once... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

WILDERTHANU
02-17-2004, 02:16 PM
THANX VERY MUCH ! !

spectratoad
02-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Why don't you leave the basking to your avatar (it is just my guess but she may look better doing it) and you can go to the next "ask Mandelon" thread. J/K:D :D
At least though after reading your reply I know I did it right in my kitchen.