PDA

View Full Version : Boat BBQ

Kachina26
02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
What are the best compact boat BBQ's? I like the one that hangs off of the boat, but I don't want to clamp on to my bow rail or attach (screw or drill) anything to my boat. I heard about the red devil grill, any others? What do you use?

TRG
02-17-2004, 09:28 PM
weber kettle...you can mount it to the sand in a jiffie!lol
not to be a smart-ass but hell at least you dont have to worry about the mess on-board and the kids are all around the heat,...and you cant beat the price of a lil'weber!
but if you do go with the boat bbq?...i'll take a dog on wheat with mustard only?:D..."UTAH"....make that ...two!
todd

Kachina26
02-17-2004, 09:32 PM
I don't mind taking it on the beach, but I want it compact and on propane. Maybe even a carrying case or something

TRG
02-17-2004, 09:43 PM
your pretty local...M&I surplus off of garey or town at the 10 fwy in the sity of pomona... they have everything for camping as well as survival! great prices too!
i know they have a compact coleman bbq that runs off of prop. that comes in a bag and all! ( bought it for my brother -n-law for x-mas)
hope it helps!
todd

yamakazi
02-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Walmart has two really good portable propane grills that are perfect. Both are by Sunbeam and have two cooking levels. $20 or $30 for one with a latching lid. They're small and cook fast.

ROZ
02-17-2004, 11:08 PM
How about one of those alien looking grills ya see on one of tose infomercials... Looks like it would work pretty good....

CAPTROBBY
02-18-2004, 12:55 AM
THERE R 2 GRILLS IM LOOKING AT FOR USE ON MY NEW MAGIC DECK. FIRST, AND MORE EXPENSIVE, TAKE A LOOK AT THE COMPANION GRILL MADE BY HOLLAND GRILLShttp://www.hollandgrill.com/companion.html
SECOND LOOK AT THE SWIVEL EAZE GRILL AT OVERTONS.http://www.overtons.com/
THE BBQ'S THAT CLAMP TO THE RAILS ARE TOO SMALL AND ARE NOT STEADY, THEY SUCK.

GlastronGuy
02-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
How about one of those alien looking grills ya see on one of tose infomercials... Looks like it would work pretty good....
http://store6.yimg.com/I/infomercialshowcaseca_1781_242071

Uplink
02-18-2004, 04:06 AM
I use that $20 Sunbeam 2 level job from Wallmart also, works great! Mark

Hud
02-18-2004, 05:39 AM
I have a Holland Premier II, cooks every well. No flame up, & you can steam clams on it also!:D

BoatPI
02-18-2004, 06:45 AM
The believe the grills you are referring to are made by a company called Magma, or something like that.
They are round, stainless steel, and made in Huntington Beach. Sold at most boating supply companies. They clamp to a rail and hang over the side.

Scream
02-18-2004, 08:51 AM
IMO I'd get the cheepy from Walmart or Target. If it's going on the boat and in the sand, why not at least make it replaceable within reason. My wife says I collect BBQ's like Emelda collects shoes. Well, maybe she's right, I only have 8 all told, but the most usefull ones are the ones I don't have to worry about (Weber Kettles and cheapo propanes for camping).

Salty Cracker
02-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Scream
IMO I'd get the cheepy from Walmart or Target. If it's going on the boat and in the sand, why not at least make it replaceable within reason. My wife says I collect BBQ's like Emelda collects shoes. Well, maybe she's right, I only have 8 all told, but the most usefull ones are the ones I don't have to worry about (Weber Kettles and cheapo propanes for camping).
I agree with scream, I have a Red Devil and it kicks ass, but looking back on it, it's a little high priced. It does on the other hand have the plate so you can cook breakfast, fajitas etc.

PlyaPlya22
02-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi Randy,
We were talking about that two in one, ice chest with the pop up grill. I'll get the info and forward it to you. I can't remember the name of the company that makes it. Anyone know?? This thing was nice, I saw it at SC game this year! I was told it cost about $150

Scream
02-18-2004, 01:31 PM
We were talking about that two in one, ice chest with the pop up grill.
Thermos.
I bought one of those too. Grill to go. It's good for pancakes at the river when it's too hot to use the stove inside. that's about it. Hot dogs too maybe, but it's a griddle that cost $150.00 for CryEye!

Salty Cracker
02-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Like this?
Home Depot or Sears has it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=595429

PlyaPlya22
02-18-2004, 03:31 PM
That's the one. You can't grill burgers or steaks? I saw guys cooking up some bugers on it??/:confused: