PDA

View Full Version : looking for carpet

Kerny
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
i need a piece of blue carpet about 10' x 12'. i can get it in 6' by whatever length but i dont want to piece any thing together. i did not no if anyone knows who sells it in 12' sections? thanks for the help

j-rod
02-18-2004, 09:00 PM
did you try overtons or home depot?

Kerny
02-18-2004, 09:01 PM
i tried lowes but i will try the others

LASERRAY
02-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Kerny
i need a piece of blue carpet about 10' x 12'. i can get it in 6' by whatever length but i dont want to piece any thing together. i did not no if anyone knows who sells it in 12' sections? thanks for the help
( In my best Arab accent ) Carpet? You don't want carpet! You want an AAAAAAAAARRREEEEEAAAAAA Rug! :D

TRIMDOG
02-18-2004, 09:11 PM
standard width for most carpet is 12', so it shouldn't be a problem.

j-rod
02-18-2004, 09:12 PM
overtons has the best selection of marine carpet sizes and colors!
even though they screwed my order up, and sent it out (late) and I had to return the glue cuz I needed it now and went to H.D. to buy it to install my carpet! GOOD LUCK

THATJEFFGUY
02-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Try an upholstery supply place..they have all grades, colors, etc.

Outnumbered
02-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Kerny
If you need marine grade try a local boat builder. When we re-did my buddies Sanger we went down to Eliminator in Mira Loma and the guys were cool. They sold us some carpet that they use in the new boats. That was a few years back but I bet they would hook you up. If you just need some el-cheapo go to Home Depot or Lowes.
OL

Tom Brown
02-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Here's a quote from another web site I hang out on (where they actually talk about boating)
"Lowe's hardware centers stocks Marine Carpet! It looked to be of good quaility. They had the exact same carpet I bought at a better price than I payed They are closing out( close out pricing ) a few of the colors to make way for the new color line in time for spring. "

carbonmarine
02-19-2004, 01:42 AM
There's a guy down in Newport Beach that I used beyond what I got from the factory. The factopry stuff was nice, but this stuff is really nice. I chose like heather grey..... Anyhow, This guy. He's very skilled. Used the right materials.... My application turned out great ! I have a Sunsation with tricky lines or manuvering in terms of stitching or cutting goes.
If you have a old carpet to use as a template - that helps out greatly and saves $$ !
I have to dig for his name, I just know here he is... PM me, I'll send ya the info ..
Rick32:cool:

Slick
02-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Try R & R Textiles. They're based out of GA but also ship from OR. I'm pretty sure they sell direct now. If not, hit me up, I've got an account with them. They're marine carpet is awesome. They use the same thread for their 40oz and 20oz so they can be used in conjunction. I used 40oz for the floor and 20oz for the lockers, engine compartment, gunnels, etc. It save me alot of $$$.
www.rrtextiles.com
800-678-5920

spectratoad
02-19-2004, 07:51 AM
I got mine, marine grade, at Lowes. Didn't have to piece anything together at all from tip to bench. $6/linear foot I think.

Charley
02-19-2004, 08:00 AM
I have a connection for carpet ...sorry I don't remember the name... it might be american turf and carpet in santa fe springs.. anyways we just bought a piece of red shag 12' x 20' for a convention and paid $154... they also have indoor outdoor in 12' wide too many colors and I think it's a little cheaper as I/O... they supply alot of people in my industry including big tent flooring jobs and seem to have the best deals.
Call me at (714)547-8243 and I will look up the name and number for ya...if for some reason they dont sell to the public you can run it through my company.
Charley
oh if I'm not there ask for Dana and tell her you are a boating buddy of mine :D