PDA

View Full Version : I enjoyed my very first ...

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 03:22 AM
HOCKEY GAME last night! :eek: Oh I've seen hockey games before I've even watched a few 3rd period Stanley cup playoffs games and said a half-hearted Go (insert team name) in the crucial final seconds of a close game but last night I actually enjoyed what I was watching!!! OMG the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadians!!!! What an intense freaking game! Leafs were smoking and they usually suck so bad (in my unhockeyeducated opinion anyway; but they're still my fave team ... well theoretically - I was born in Toronto so I can't not root for them! :D )! I watched the Canucks get smoked by the Edmonton Oilers too last night but I was switch cheering for that game - whoever had the puck I was all for them scoring! :D The Leafs vs Canadians game though was another matter entirely!
I watched the game at a sports bar. A bunch of us went there for a friend's birthday party. Supposed to be dancing happening. Ask waitress (her name was Teneille!! made me think of Captain & Tenille but anyways) when's the dancing gonna happen she says soon as hockey game is over (Canucks vs Oilers game - hence my not caring who won as long as it ended :D ). Game went into OT and I was getting impatient but thankfully Oilers ended that quite quickly. :D So the dance music starts up but they leave the tv monitors on muted showing the Leafs vs. Canadians game ... at one point one of the people I was with enquired if the dance music was in any way interfering with my watching the hockey game and would I like the music turned down or off! I almost said yes, lol! Music obsessed was glued to the hockey game, lmao- go figure! I did dance some and I had a lot of fun but damn that hockey game was awesome! Leafs kicked Canadians butts!! HELL YEAH!!!! I think the fight did it for me ... I don't usually feel compelled to watch a fight nor to root for one guy to get it worse than another- I don't even remember the Leafs' player's name that socked it to Rivet so bad and only reason I caught the Canadians' player's name was cuz he had on a white Jersey and bled all over it. From that point I went from being mildly interested (cuz my fave team was playing my backup fave team, lol! ;) ) to being unable to look away from the game even when I was dancing, lol!
Anyway, I should probably go to bed. Sorry for the long ramble but I'm so amazed at my liking a hockey game that I just had to! :D
Oh just one more thing ... The Toronto Maple Leafs didn't suck last night!!! Woooohoooo!!!! :p :cool:

Sleek-Jet
02-22-2004, 05:31 AM
Since when did we start exporting Hockey to Canada?? :D :D

Forkin' Crazy
02-22-2004, 08:02 AM
I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out...LOL!
:cool:

Jungle Boy
02-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Since when did we start exporting Hockey to Canada?? :D :D
PURE NASTYPURE NASTY
You could get high sticked for comments like that.:eek: :D :eek!: :D

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Wait a minute....
Vancouver....
Shouldn't you be rooting for the Canucks????
:D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Wait a minute....
Vancouver....
Shouldn't you be rooting for the Canucks????
:D
Let me break it down for ya ...
#1 fave team is The Leafs (I was born in Toronto therefore my fave team is the correct and appropriate team for me to favor despite the overwhelming suckage factor typically witnessed :D )!!!!! Go Leafs go!!!! :D
However, in the absence of #1 fave team the backup #1 fave team is Montreal Canadians. :cool:
In the absence of either The Leafs or the Canadians the backup #1 fave team is The Canucks! (I live in Vancouver so I gotta!) :p :D
In the absence of any of the aforementioned teams ... I ****ing hate hockey :rolleyes: ... can we turn off the tv and crank the tunes now please? :D
Any questions? ;) :D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Actually I have a question .. when the hell did Mogilny become a Leaf? :confused: :cool:

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
Actually I have a question .. when the hell did Mogilny become a Leaf? :confused: :cool:
How should I know.. they are your ****ing team....LOL!!!!!!!
J/k I don't really follow hockey much,
but when I do...
Sharks then,
Ducks, then...
Canucks...:D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:17 PM
How should I know.. they are your ****ing team....LOL!!!!!!!
:eek: I thought they just played hockey? ****ing? A professional team sport? Get outta here! No friggin way! Seriously? I knew about cable pushing the limits but I mean really ... :confused: They are just my favorite HOCKEY team, k? ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:22 PM
:eek: I thought they just played hockey? ****ing? A professional team sport? Get outta here! No friggin way! Seriously? I knew about cable pushing the limits but I mean really ... :confused: They are just my favorite HOCKEY team, k? ;) :D
Yeah, you are right, the Playboy channel has your fave ****ing team... right...
LOL
;)

spectratoad
02-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Now that's a sport I would follow. Probably get season tix too!!!:)

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by spectratoad
In that sport, getting screwed by the league would have a very different meaning....

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah, you are right, the Playboy channel has your fave ****ing team... right...
LOL
;)
I don't subscribe to that channel because I've seen it elsewhere and they don't live up to the name- hardly any naked men playing. :confused: ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I don't subscribe to that channel because I've seen it elsewhere and they don't live up to the name- hardly any naked men playing. :confused: ;) :D
He he he he he he he....:confused:
Only Dr. E could hijack a thread and do this to it...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by spectratoad
Picture me shocked then realise ... not so much! :D

moneysucker
02-22-2004, 09:34 PM
I got to see my first hockey game last month. Unfoutunately, It may have ruined hockey for me. I will have a hard time getting into a catered suite it is great. The game was fun too. I got to see the canadians get beat down by the San Jose Sharks. It will be hard to go back to the normal seats.
Cy

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:37 PM
He he he he he he he....:confused:
Only Dr. E could hijack a thread and do this to it...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::D
Only cuz I let you. ;) :D
BTW - Thread hijacking is wrong you know. It's rude. I'd never hijack someone else's thread. I'd never help someone else hijack another's thread either. It's not nice. :(

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Only cuz I let you. ;) :D
BTW - Thread hijacking is wrong you know. It's rude. I'd never hijack someone else's thread. I'd never help someone else hijack another's thread either. It's not nice. :(
Sorry, I hate myself for it...;) :D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I hate myself for it...;) :D
k. :cool:

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:42 PM
k. :cool:
Now how bout those Sharks...:D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Now how bout those Sharks...:D
What do they sing? :confused: I've never heard of them.

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:45 PM
What do they sing? :confused: I've never heard of them.
Okely dokely... Think they were on Ed Sullivan once...:D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Is this them? (http://www.the-sharks.co.uk/lyrics.htm)
Oh my engine has a first name it's Gio oh gee ell eee ... :D

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Very good, that must me them... wonder when they find time to play hockey????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
TGFG
Thank God For Google...

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Very good, that must me them... wonder when they find time to play hockey????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
TGFG
Thank God For Google...
Hockey? What the hell has hockey to do with anything? Quit changing th esubject would ya? :confused:

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Ok what we talking about... engines...???

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok what we talking about... engines...???
Engi ... huh ... what now?! I thought we were talking about bologna? :confused:

Dr. Eagle
02-22-2004, 10:09 PM
bologna? :confused:
I think we were...;) :D

FMluvswater
02-22-2004, 10:12 PM
I think we were...;) :D
Well if you don't know then I'm not telling you. :(

fear the turtle
02-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Great game, to few games today really don't carry that intensity and passion. It was Marchment vs. Rivet. Great fight. Marchment came up high with an elbow on Zednick and Rivet took exception. They initially both got roughing penalties, then got out of the box and went straight towards each other. Fight Clip (http://www.medianor.ca/nono/RivetMarchment.wmv)
Marchment is a dirty player, but...if you call him out he will answer the bell. He doesn't run from anyone for his actions.

FMluvswater
02-23-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by fear the turtle
Great game, to few games today really don't carry that intensity and passion. It was Marchment vs. Rivet. Great fight. Marchment came up high with an elbow on Zednick and Rivet took exception. They initially both got roughing penalties, then got out of the box and went straight towards each other. Fight Clip (http://www.medianor.ca/nono/RivetMarchment.wmv)
Marchment is a dirty player, but...if you call him out he will answer the bell. He doesn't run from anyone for his actions.
Thank-you very much! :D I got into it all over again! The rest of the game from that point on seemed so rife with tension - it was awesome!! :D It was 4 all for the Leafs and then the Canadians started scoring and next thing I see it's 3 to 4, then 3 to 5 then 4 to 5 and I thought damn the Canadians are gonna take it. I said as much quite bitterly to one of the people I was with and he says back all condescending falsely sympathetic, "Well at least the Leafs won the first two periods." I wanted to smack him but I didn't have to the Leafs wiped the smugness off his face for me! :D :cool: