PDA

View Full Version : Islander RV Park Model ????

OutCole'd
02-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Does anyone know of anyone with a park model that is putting a 28'+ boat there? I am looking at renting a trailer there for the Summer and am not sure how easy it would be to park the boat there.
Any input??

Bense468
02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Got freinds at the islander with a 27 and they have no probs. You might just want to call and check, but I have seen big boats there.

Ducatista
02-24-2004, 10:39 AM
If you would like, I can stop by your site on my next visit and let you know if its ok or not.....some park models have ok access for a large rig, some don't. Some of the folks with the bigger boats use a short wheel based launch vehicle like a jeep, which makes it easier to back into the boat parking area next to the park model. PM with your site # if ya like, myself or someone else in the park on these boards, can check it out for you. If they can give you a site # or 2 that are for rent, we can check it out, let you know what is best. :cool:
There are several 28 cats and decks at the park models, the parking is tighter than the RV spaces but usually can be done.

OutCole'd
02-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Duc, check your pm's

Rvr2Bch
02-24-2004, 12:09 PM
We also have a place at the Islander, but ours is an RV site. Plenty of our friends have Park Models and they fit 28+ boats in the driveway no problem. One of them has a 36foot Daytona and can get it in the driveway with his excursion, so it just depends on where the Park Model is located. Some are easier than others. Let us know if we can be of any help, we are down there all the time this winter.
-Rvr2Bch

Ducatista
02-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I really like that avatar Stoneman! Take that Doc Eagle! I tired of seeing poor Rick Fox get sucker punched over & over by that evil Doug Pisty! But thats ok, you guys can watch us in the finals...........again!;)

OutCole'd
02-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the help!!