PDA

View Full Version : The Smoking Man is Gone

Jungle Boy
02-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm breathing easier now. The Smoking Man has returned to the Quito office. For the last 6 days here at the rig I've been sharing a small office with my boss that came out to help out during a problem well I was dealing with. He's a evil chain smoker that smokes during meals, morning day and night. I'm guessing about 3 packs a day. He don't ask if it bothers anyone cause he says he don't care! My sleeping quarters in the other end of this little office is smoked out too. All my clothes smell like smoke. My eyes were burning and my throat is sore. I was thinking of taking up smoking just to even things out. I have never had to deal with that sore of thing for many years. Any friends that we have that smoke, do so outside or in the garage. You forget that they even smoke sometimes.
Anyone else work in close quarters with a Smoking Man or Woman?:( :frown:

mirvin
02-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Dude, that sucks. And I'm a "casual" smoker. I hate it when people are rude about THEIR smoking. Some people:( The morning smokers get me the most. I hate when I get stuck behind someone smoking between the parking structure and the office. It's 7:30 in the friggin morning and you need a cig that bad?? Dang.
I'm glad he's gone. Can you get Fabreeze down there?
Mirvin;)

Tom Brown
02-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Smoking sucks.

mirvin
02-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Smoking sucks.
What about "pole smoking" :D

Jungle Boy
02-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
What about "pole smoking" :D
As long as she is fairly good at it, I can live with it.

Coach
02-24-2004, 12:44 PM
I just put in a dip and spit on the smoker. Then they can share the remains of my nicotine addiction. :D

Tom Brown
02-24-2004, 12:45 PM
JB, if the smoker comes back... shoot him. :)

Tom Brown
02-24-2004, 01:12 PM
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/davestable.jpg

Chase
02-24-2004, 01:13 PM
The lovely city of Saskatoon will be 100% smoke free in public places come July 1...even decks and patios....now we are talking. Smoking is the grosest ****ing thing and I can't imagine why people do it.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-24-2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/davestable.jpg
hahahaha Tom!! :D
I know one of those pacs of smokes is mine!!

bigq
02-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'm amazed anyone survived the last 200 years... Becuase it seems in the last 5 years smoking is killing everyone, even people that don't smoke. http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/tosser.gif :rolleyes:
RD
ain't that the truth. My mom was/is a chain smoker, smoked in the car, the house, my bedroom, i guess I am the walking dead.;)
I say grab yourself a bag of Redman chew and start spitting in plastic cups. leave the cups laying around the eating area and sleeping area etc....
BTW: never smoked-never will.

Blown 472
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm amazed anyone survived the last 200 years... Becuase it seems in the last 5 years smoking is killing everyone, even people that don't smoke. http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/tosser.gif :rolleyes:
RD
This coming from a guy scrounging change to get a pack.

Tom Brown
02-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
I know one of those pacs of smokes is mine!!
No problem. Your second hand smoke was smooth and satisfying. :D
I'm with Chase on this deal but it doesn't have to be a big issue. Some smokers are somewhat courteous and it isn't that bad while others will blow clouds in your face while you're tring to eat.
I really think those "**** you I'm going to smoke" guys should have their balls kicked off. I have no problem with anyone smoking, I just need to be able to choose to not smoke.
The neat thing about RD's place was that it didn't seem that bad and didn't bother me Saturday night but when I woke up Sunday morning there was a cinderblock on my chest. :D
I guess it's all part of life in the fast lane. :)

Chase
02-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Tom I wouldn't doubt there was a block on your chest....:D :D

OLDRAT
02-24-2004, 01:34 PM
I see RD'S bottle of Nyquil is still there!!

Tom Brown
02-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a lovely place to live.... So do they tell you where you can take a shit too?
RD
Strangely enough, yes... they do. People who shit in public here are arrested. It's an outrage and an obvious infringement on our civil rights but I find that it isn't that big of a cross to bear.

Tom Brown
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Tom, You should put across the top of that picture..
"Cold Medicine" :D
RD
Nice. :D
You know what's funny about that is Sunday morning when I woke up, I had all the symptoms you were complaining about Friday and Saturday (tight chest, cough...). Strangely, the symptoms vanished about 90 minutes up the road from your place. I guess it's a localized thing. :D

Jungle Boy
02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Strangely enough, yes... they do. People who shit in public here are arrested. It's an outrage and an obvious infringement on our civil rights but I find that it isn't that big of a cross to bear.
hahaha:D :D
I'm pretty sure they regulate defication areas in the USA too. I was arrested outside of Moose's Saloon in Kalispel Montana for only having a piss. I'm glad I wasn't taking a shit.:D

Chase
02-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Is that the one kind of at the end of the street, with a nice large patio/deck???

Chase
02-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Never mind, I was thinking Missoula.....

Jungle Boy
02-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Chase
Is that the one kind of at the end of the street, with a nice large patio/deck???
It was a old beat up bar that we went to on the May long weekend during the late 70's / early 80's, for what they called Canadian Days. Way to much fun. Plenty to morally challanged girls to play with. :D

rrrr
02-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
This coming from a guy scrounging change to get a pack.
He's saving money to buy that C-Class Benz.
:D :D

91nordic29
02-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Chase
The lovely city of Saskatoon will be 100% smoke free in public places come July 1...even decks and patios ....now we are talking. Smoking is the grosest ****ing thing and I can't imagine why people do it.
how the hell does that work? do you mean private areas of people's homes?

sorry dog
02-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Smoking sucks.
I agree. Brownies are better :D
http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/chronicchipbrownies2.jpg
Here's how I'd get back...
http://www.fakecrap.com/images/jokes/fart_powder.jpg

Kim Hanson
02-24-2004, 05:06 PM
I do smoke, not alot..but I still do it! I don't do it in people's house's or boats, cars, trucks or garages! I quite doing dope hands down, did it for many years also! This though, you don't tell people to quit, they get to make the choice!
I take into concideration people that don't smoke and Tom can tell you, I don't smoke indoors at all...Kelly's place or my truck thats gone ...never did:D ..............( . )( . ).........
JungleBoy, people that smoke like that are going to be dead soon....smoking will eating is ****ed up, he loves smoke's!;)

AzDon
02-24-2004, 05:22 PM
I used to do a run to Salmon Id. where I had to team the rest of the way from Salt Lake. I got a co-driver that didn't get the hint when I rolled down the window in sub-zero weather and stuck my head out. He complained about me lettin all the heat out of the truck. Simultaneously, I told my boss that I would not share a truck with a habitual and clueless smoker and the guy was not offered the job again until he apologized. I was the guy with the technical expertise to mix the dry cyanide into liquid, so I won!

Mandelon
02-24-2004, 05:36 PM
My parents both smoked. My mom only had few cigs after dinner, but my dad puffed a pipe all day. The smog layer haze in the den/tv room was so nasty. It would hang about head high....I'd duck under it to talk to them. Then leave quick.
My dad died of a heart attack at 72 and my mom is 81 and still going. She has not smoked in the last five years. It does not seem to have been a problem for them. Growing up in LA, (pasadena) I think the air outside in the 70's was probably just as bad as smoking.
I smoke a good cigar now and then, but not if it will bug anyone.
They teach the kids in school how bad it is. But my kids still like to see the smoke rings......:cool:

Tinkerer
02-24-2004, 05:36 PM
If you have to work with this inconsiderate ass again eat a lot of mexican food the day before. LOTS OF BEANS
The old saying only your own farts smell good is SOO true.
He will complain.
Walk into his office and ask him a question and make sure to let one loose.

AzDon
02-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Bulk Logistics Technician (tank truck driver).....and executioner!

mmered8299
02-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I used to share a room with a guy that smokes. At 3am he would light up. At 4am he would ask me why I couldn't go to sleep. Because I've been inhaling your second hand smoke and now I'm WIRED!!! ****er!!:mad: :mad: