PDA

View Full Version : New Shockwave owner here :)

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
I went ahead and closed the deal with Barry just about 1/2 hour ago. The boat will be ready in about 2-3 weeks. Part of the reason I did this was due to the dedicated owners of Shockwave. I am looking forward to getting out on the water and having some fun in the new boat :).
Just for the record: It is a 25 Tremor with a 496HO. The boat was at the LA show and all that needs to be done is to install the engine, drive shower, batteries and other misc details.
I will keep the final numbers to myself but lets say that I am happy and Barry is also.
See you fellow Shockwave boaters at the Regatta :)
Originally posted by bigq
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/107hdbr.gif

syke-o
02-26-2004, 02:18 PM
congrats on the new boat!!!!:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Congrats Tom!! :)
I can't wait to dance on it! :D :D
Are you keeping your other boats too? Have you been hanging out in Bullhead these days? We have been going riding alot at our friends house out in Golden Shores and we always have to make the treck to Super Walmart for some reason or another and I always think "I wonder if Tom is out here, we should call him" but I can never seem to pull thru. :confused: Hey, at least you know I am thinking of ya!
Congrats again! River Season is almost here!!!!!
xoxoxox
Linda

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by syke-o
congrats on the new boat!!!!:D
Thanks sykeo....love that avatar by the way :)

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
Congrats Tom!! :)
I can't wait to dance on it! :D :D
Are you keeping your other boats too? Have you been hanging out in Bullhead these days? We have been going riding alot at our friends house out in Golden Shores and we always have to make the treck to Super Walmart for some reason or another and I always think "I wonder if Tom is out here, we should call him" but I can never seem to pull thru. :confused: Hey, at least you know I am thinking of ya!
Congrats again! River Season is almost here!!!!!
xoxoxox
Linda
If you don't dance on it I will be upset....haha I haven't been out there much lately but will be as soon as the boat is done. I will keep my current boat until my buddy who bought it last night can come down from N CA and pick it up. My brother was going to kick my ass if I didn't sell him the Southwind jet so I went ahead and sold that one also. This will end up being my only boat Linda. Always nice to be thought of Linda....Thanks

beer hunter
02-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Congrats, and welcome to the family :D

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Congrats, and welcome to the family :D
Thanks BH.....See ya out on the water...

rivercrazy
02-26-2004, 02:33 PM
That is sweet Tom! Your gonna love this ride. Its a cuddy open bow right?
Look forward to doing some running on Mohave or whereever with ya. :D :D

Havasu Luvr
02-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Tom, "WELCOME" to the Shockwave Family
now lets get wet:D

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
That is sweet Tom! Your gonna love this ride. Its a cuddy open bow right?
Look forward to doing some running on Mohave or whereever with ya. :D :D
Mohave is where I am most of the time. PM me when you go out up there and we will hook up. I have to admit I am kind of excited about this. Yes, it is the mid cabin with the cuddy.

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
Tom, "WELCOME" to the Shockwave Family
now lets get wet:D
Thanks HL...Now, lets get back to slamming Commander boats :)....jk lets not go there...lol

MagicMtnDan
02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Congratulations on your new Tremor 25! I envy you. I hope you have many years of great times on the water. :cool:

dimarcobros
02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Congrat, which one was it at the boat show?
DMB

Salty Cracker
02-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Congrats HD, I've been spending a lot of time @ Shockwave with Barry, and as soon as I can unload my boat, I'll seal the deal for my 25'.
As a matter of fact, the tribe and I were crawling around in your new ride a few times last week...It's very nice...CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks MMD.
dimarcobros....Yes, that is the one from the show.
Salty Cracker---Thanks. Are you the one who left the black scuff mark? :D

redneckgirl
02-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Tom
Welcome to the Shockwave family!!! Post pictures for us!!!
You won't be sorry...:D :D :D
RNG

FRANK THE TANK
02-26-2004, 02:52 PM
I still want my ride once you break the motor in..... :D :D

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 02:55 PM
I am going to remove all the equipment from my current boat and have it installed in the SW. I am sure I will have Wired 4 Sound take care of it RD.
Tank....You got it....I will have plenty of BL's on board also. Hope you aren't a CL guy because that could start some trouble :D

bigq
02-26-2004, 03:28 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool20.gif nice so who has the pics?

Salty Cracker
02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Salty Cracker---Thanks. Are you the one who left the black scuff mark? :D
Not me, my 4yr old might have been trying to cannonball off of the hatch though...:eek:

waterndog
02-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Congrats Tom !

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
bigger boat requires more stereo.. ;)
RD
RD...I actually have more stereo shit than I know what to do with....Trust me when I say I have enough :)

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by waterndog
Congrats Tom !
Thanks, I will see you out at OP6!

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by bigq
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool20.gif nice so who has the pics?
I don't have one but need to take some. I was trying to go thru the LA Boat show pics but gave up trying to find it. I will try to get one posted as soon as I can....

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Salty Cracker
Not me, my 4yr old might have been trying to cannonball off of the hatch though...:eek:
It actually was back by there......Will wipe right off though. You have to teach then the watermelon drop.....

JetBoatRich
02-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Way to go Tom, Congratulations:D

Steamin' Rice
02-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Congratulations!! Hopefully we'll see you out on the water pretty soon.. :D

Kilrtoy
02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the family,
DIDNT YOU HAVE A TRHREAD ASKING ABOUT MOTOR SIZE, Where did it go....

beer hunter
02-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Welcome to the family,
No sh!t, I lost four posts when that thread vanished :confused:

JetBoatRich
02-26-2004, 04:49 PM
No sh!t, I lost four posts when that thread vanished :confused:
Dam Crack heads, thieves:mad:

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Welcome to the family,
I deleted it after I got the info I was looking for. After that it was just not necessary anymore. It was actually about fair price opinion kind of stuff. I went with the 496HO by the way.

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Dam Crack heads, thieves:mad:
HAHA....I guess I need to go to rehab

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks SR.....I will be out there soon!
Sorry about that BH...

hd&boatrider
02-26-2004, 05:25 PM
I have some pics I took but will have to try it later as SBC DSL is down again and I am on a dial up. Friggin SBC :mad:

beer hunter
02-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Sorry about that BH...
That

beer hunter
is

beer hunter
OK:)

beer hunter
See, I got them all back :D

Edmond
02-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Congrats on the new boat, you're going to love it. I'v had mine about 8 months now and couldnt be happier.
P.S> I noticed you have a place in Bullhead, where abouts?
so do I, hope to see you out there.
Eddie

fourspeednup
02-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Congrats on the new ride HD! Somehow I missed this thread:confused:
Bullhead city is inland from Needles right? Near the huge walmart?

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Congrats on the new ride HD! Somehow I missed this thread:confused:
Bullhead city is inland from Needles right? Near the huge walmart?
Bullhead is right accross the river from Laughlin

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Edmond
Congrats on the new boat, you're going to love it. I'v had mine about 8 months now and couldnt be happier.
P.S> I noticed you have a place in Bullhead, where abouts?
so do I, hope to see you out there.
Eddie
Sunridge area. Thanks and maybe we will see each other on the water. I will be the one driving by with a big smile on my face :D

DAB
02-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Congrats on the new boat, I'm glad everything worked out for you. I spend most of my time on Mohave along with Edmond, look forward to seeing you out there.

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by DAB
Congrats on the new boat, I'm glad everything worked out for you. I spend most of my time on Mohave along with Edmond, look forward to seeing you out there.
I defintely will be out on the lake a lot. Maybe not as much as the last couple of years but if you see me flag me down and we can have a few beers :)

rivercrazy
02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
I would be awesome to get us all together for a Katherines to Hoover Damn run. We did it last year and its awesome!
And in the 25 it is just sooo much easier:D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 09:17 AM
I would be awesome to get us all together for a Katherines to Hoover Damn run. We did it last year and its awesome!
And in the 25 it is just sooo much easier:D
That is one thing I am looking forward to. I have done it in the Commander but with the low freeboard coming back at times was a little too exciting :(. With the deeper V most of the chop will not be an issue......sometimes though it will still be too windy/choppy to go. I am all for the run up to the dam. We have to come up with some preliminary dates that might work for everybody.

Edmond
02-27-2004, 09:20 AM
I would definately be up for a dam run, maybe lunch at Cottonwood? we'll have to put something together.

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Who wants to take the lead in this? Sometime in May would be good for me. Maybe mid-may?

beer hunter
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I was at Lake Mohave last October when the wind was howling and our Tremor just chewed up the 2' to 3' wind chop below Cottonwood Cove. :D You're going to really enjoy the ride of your new boat HD :D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I was at Lake Mohave last October when the wind was howling and our Tremor just chewed up the 2' to 3' wind chop below Cottonwood Cove. :D You're going to really enjoy the ride of your new boat HD :D
By the way...I assume that is your boat in the sig line....Nice looking boat BH.
It will be a little strange at first sitting up that high as I have had an Eliminator jet, Southwind jet and then the Commaner which all sit pretty low in the water. The Commander of course was higher but this should be like driving a luxury car.

rivercrazy
02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
We've come back down south across the basin in the 25 in 3-4 footers. Its sure is a lot more comfortable and safer than when we were caught up in it in our old 21LS jetboat! :D But I've also been out there in conditions that I really don't prefer to be in at all!
And that 85 gallon gas tank really is nice. If your full at Katherines, you will still have plenty of gas doing the entire run without any refueling.
What I've found is there are two pretty comfortable speeds in that Mohave basin chop. 32-3400 rpm crusing along in the low 40's. Or hammer it and fly em and land softly on the tail. I like the later but it all depends on who is riding in the boat! :D :D :D
I would do my very best to be there whenever this is scheduled.

beer hunter
02-27-2004, 09:41 AM
By the way...I assume that is your boat in the sig line....Nice looking boat BH.
It will be a little strange at first sitting up that high as I have had an Eliminator jet, Southwind jet and then the Commaner which all sit pretty low in the water. The Commander of course was higher but this should be like driving a luxury car.
It is :) Thanks for the kind words!:)
It may handle the chop like a big boat but the Tremor will turn on a dime :D You can literally just yank the wheel over hard in the 40 mph range (though I wouldn't do it in heavy chop) and instantly change direction.:cool: This is a great handling boat! :D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 09:49 AM
We've come back down south across the basin in the 25 in 3-4 footers. Its sure is a lot more comfortable and safer than when we were caught up in it in our old 21LS jetboat! :D But I've also been out there in conditions that I really don't prefer to be in at all!
And that 85 gallon gas tank really is nice. If your full at Katherines, you will still have plenty of gas doing the entire run without any refueling.
What I've found is there are two pretty comfortable speeds in that Mohave basin chop. 32-3400 rpm crusing along in the low 40's. Or hammer it and fly em and land softly on the tail. I like the later but it all depends on who is riding in the boat! :D :D :D
I would do my very best to be there whenever this is scheduled.
I know what you mean about hammering and flying.....done that quite a few times myself :). Scared the shit out of Nodigg one time and that is very hard to do....I have to say it was very funny to see Nodiggs look on his face. After his blood started circulating again (difficult for an old man) :) we just had to laugh.

bigq
02-27-2004, 10:22 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/107hdbr.gif

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Bigq!

rivercrazy
02-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Friggen Sweet!
I remember looking closely at that boat at the show. The super dark Green in some of the graphics was bad-ass! :D
Nice classy deep color combo's. I remember when I choose mine in similar colors they kept going around in the shop saying "deep dark rich and bitchen"

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Friggen Sweet!
I remember looking closely at that boat at the show. The super dark Green in some of the graphics was bad-ass! :D
That super dark green is actually a Cherry Green and I am very curious to see that color in the sunlight. It looks black in low light

Steamin' Rice
02-27-2004, 11:09 AM
The Cherry is really cool looking in the lilght.... At first it looks black, but when you get a good look at it you can see the color.....:D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Steamin' Rice
The Cherry is really cool looking in the lilght.... At first it looks black, but when you get a good look at it you can see the color.....:D
In the shop at Shockwave it is not bright enough to really appreciate it.
You have any luck selling your 29 Steamin?

Steamin' Rice
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
You have any luck selling your 29 Steamin?
I think so..... But no money in the bank yet...:D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Steamin' Rice
I think so..... But no money in the bank yet...:D
Money definitely talks :)

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 11:25 AM
http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/jordy/aarp.gif
Here is a suggestion given to me as far as additional graphics :) I kind of like it myself...lol

rivercrazy
02-27-2004, 11:26 AM
HAH! Tom I love it! But you can drink with the best of em right?:D :D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
HAH! Tom I love it! But you can drink with the best of em right?:D :D
I have been known to throw back a few :)

nodigg
03-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I know what you mean about hammering and flying.....done that quite a few times myself :). Scared the shit out of Nodigg one time and that is very hard to do....I have to say it was very funny to see Nodiggs look on his face. After his blood started circulating again (difficult for an old man) :) we just had to laugh.
YADDA YADDA YADDA, all to beat a Twin small block 27 footer!
It was uh......................CRAZY ya dumass! LOL!

nodigg
03-03-2004, 06:29 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/jordy/aarp.gif
Here is a suggestion given to me as far as additional graphics :) I kind of like it myself...lol
Now that's NICE!

hd&boatrider
03-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
YADDA YADDA YADDA, all to beat a Twin small block 27 footer!
It was uh......................CRAZY ya dumass! LOL!
You know the real reason was so we could see their wives.....you know :)

hd&boatrider
03-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
Now that's NICE!
I kind of like it also Rick....lol

nodigg
03-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Now come on Tom, ya know we got more than a look from them. LOL! I am surprised we got away with our lives. They were ready to leave their men behind and go with us! LOL! ( At least that's how I prefer to remember it!) ;)

bordsmnj
03-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Congrats ,Tom. I'll bet there will be some hell to raise with this new ride!(in a good way):D Must be nice :cool: How fast is it gonna Run? It's gonna look Bitchen on the water. -jas

hd&boatrider
03-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
Congrats ,Tom. I'll bet there will be some hell to raise with this new ride!(in a good way):D Must be nice :cool: How fast is it gonna Run? It's gonna look Bitchen on the water. -jas
You got that right Jas....hell to raise....lol
Anyhow, I should see high 60's and afetr broken in maybe 70 on a ggod day :)...