PDA

View Full Version : Team Target photo tour

Tom Brown
02-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Some of you may be aware that one of our members, Burbanite, is an IRL team.manager. When he heard I was going to be in Indianapolis for the Formula 1 race, he offered a tour of his facility. It was a fantastic experience and the tour of a lifetime.
Thank you very much, Burbanite. Your generosity was overwhelming.
-- Tom :)
Team Target Tour :) (http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1953)

HavasuDreamin'
02-27-2004, 06:20 AM
I had a chance to go on that tour myself. I had no idea the depth, and knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes. Mind boggling. When I left, my head hurt and I only retained about 10% of what Burbanite was telling me. Truly and incredible team, shop, and atmosphere.
HD

burbanite
02-27-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
...my head hurt...
HD
Cause afterwards we went to the pub and drank beer...

HavasuDreamin'
02-27-2004, 08:49 AM
LOL..........speaking of which, that sounds good again in the near future. :)

burbanite
02-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
LOL..........speaking of which, that sounds good again in the near future. :)
Real soon hopefully. We could have pocketbike races as well although today Tiffany had a minor off so don't think she will be competeing...:)
Originally posted by RiverDave
People look at racing on the surface and have no idea how much engineering goes into EVERY part on one of those cars.. Unbelievable the things they'll do to save some weight here and there etc..
Hey Burbanite, you guys looking for any SLA/SLS/CNC/Prototype investment casting sources? ;) Hook a brother up!
RD
You got that right RD, at one time we had all of our bolts and washers made from titanium, saved a one whole pound... :D
If anything comes up that I think may be up your alley I'll be in touch.

Mandelon
02-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Tom, if you're ever in San Diego I'd be happy to give you a tour of my bathroom. :D

Tom Brown
02-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I'll give it the full photo tour treatment, Mandy. :D