PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Walker Gold Label

Scream
02-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Got me some Johnny Walker Gold Label at Costco today...Oh Yea, gonna be a mellow night.

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 09:26 PM
One night I drank almost an entire bottle of the JWG watching TV :) That is some good shit. I hope you are only drinking it with water.
The black is OK but I prefer the gold. Next on the list is the blue.
Glad to see I am not alone on this JWG stuff :)

Scream
02-27-2004, 09:55 PM
I was never a big Scotch fan, but one night I was camping in the snow on the top of San Jacinto and freezing my ass off, when another guy in our group came up to me while I was pointing out some stars and planets and said "hear, this should help".
I took a swig and damn that was good. That was black label and I was hooked. Now I've got Black, Gold, Glen Marangie (pretty good) Glenlevit (not bad) and Chivas...I like it on the rocks or with a bit of water, that's it. I like to check out the smokey / woody flavors. The buz aint bad either.

al cole'holic
02-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Next time you hit an international flight or if you have anyone you know hit up the airport for some duty free Blue label. :D

Scream
02-27-2004, 10:21 PM
That's one I'd like to try, the blue...I think I'd better get this one a bit further down the bottle first...I hope they have that as Costco.
I love Costco. We of course need a lot of new stuff for our new boat this year. So I stopped by and they've got bathing suits cheap and in my size, they've got neoprene life vest (2 buckle) for $38.00. Sunscrean up the wazoo and beach towels.
My brother told me they had one of those floating Islands with the mountain/tower at Costco in Chino Hills. Gotta get me one of those.

Kachina26
02-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Back when I used to drink, I would enjoy Bushmills(sp) on the rocks. So smooth and tasty, probably one of the only drinks I really miss. Between that stuff and good wine I was going broke.:D Never cared for the rotgut stuff, except maybe the rwb's.

al cole'holic
02-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Scream
That's one I'd like to try, the blue...I think I'd better get this one a bit further down the bottle first...I hope they have that as Costco.
I love Costco. We of course need a lot of new stuff for our new boat this year. So I stopped by and they've got bathing suits cheap and in my size, they've got neoprene life vest (2 buckle) for $38.00. Sunscrean up the wazoo and beach towels.
My brother told me they had one of those floating Islands with the mountain/tower at Costco in Chino Hills. Gotta get me one of those.
I don't think you'll find the Blue at Costco, I've never seen it there..it's about $280. But about $125 at a duty free...

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
I don't think you'll find the Blue at Costco, I've never seen it there..it's about $280. But about $125 at a duty free...
You can get the blue at the Costco in Yorba Linda for $149. I look at it every time I go in there but won't break out the cash for it. The gold is $49

Kilrtoy
02-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Im getting another CHEAP mexican beer.
Corona

al cole'holic
02-27-2004, 10:53 PM
..no shit, Costco in Yorba?
I hear ya Kilrtoy I gots me a silver here! :D
BTW, did you know that you can go to Costco without a membership to buy alcohol....?? Just one of them facts that come out when drinkin..:D

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I have a gallon of the JW Black and am tempted to drown my sorry ass in it. Bad night for me :( Nothing boating related...personel shit that has me down. Just got one of those calls in the night kind of thing....I will just stick to the BL
Ya, Yorba Linda has the blue, gold, black and red
Pretty good selection of tequilas also...all the Patrons, Herdura, Don Jose, etc

al cole'holic
02-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I have a gallon of the JW Black and am tempted to drown my sorry ass in it. Bad night for me :( Nothing boating related...personel shit that has me down. Just got one of those calls in the night kind of thing....I will just stick to the BL
Ya, Yorba Linda has the blue, gold, black and red
Pretty good selection of tequilas also...all the Patrons, Herdura, Don Jose, etc
I stay away from them tequilas, they tend to turn the switch on in the back of my head.....and I always seem to end up in alot of places I shouldn't. :D Which reminds me, do you know that Palm Springs has one of thee most beautiful jails I have ever been in...

hd&boatrider
02-27-2004, 11:11 PM
I stay away from them tequilas, they tend to turn the switch on in the back of my head.....and I always seem to end up in alot of places I shouldn't. :D Which reminds me, do you know that Palm Springs has one of thee most beautiful jails I have ever been in...
In my "hood" we were drinking between 4-5 bottles of good tequilas every week. Sometimes as many as 4 in a night. This was usually with about 10 people drinking and dancing :). Of course just about everybody ended up divorcing....That's ****ed up and the hood dynamics have changed drastically. They referred to me as the corrupter for many years. I pretty much avoid it now but every now and then....:eek:

al cole'holic
02-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
In my "hood" we were drinking between 4-5 bottles of good tequilas every week. Sometimes as many as 4 in a night. This was usually with about 10 people drinking and dancing :). Of course just about everybody ended up divorcing....That's ****ed up and the hood dynamics have changed drastically. They referred to me as the corrupter for many years. I pretty much avoid it now but every now and then....:eek:
..sounds like you've done alot of favors for the boys, they owe you one! :D

hd&boatrider
02-28-2004, 12:02 AM
..sounds like you've done alot of favors for the boys, they owe you one! :D
It was the entire hood.....lol Not just the women and me! I don't know what you mean by favors....who cares :) it was fun while everybody was still together but they started dropping like flys.