PDA

View Full Version : Dodge trucks suck!

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Of all days for a car to break down mine decided that today was the day.It just turned off like someone just shut the key off.It is a 2002 dodge diesel,has anyone else had any problems with theirs?This will be the last dodge i ever buy this thing has been a pile since it was new.Any advice would be apreciated.
Thanks,
Danny

H20 Toie
12-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Call Jay :)

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Who is Jay?

PHOTOGLOU
12-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Call Jay :) :D ......
Did someone other than yourself put fuel in it today.....Have you called the station you got your last tank from to see if anyone else is having this problem?

PHOTOGLOU
12-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Who is Jay?
This could be an expensive question....

H20 Toie
12-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Who is Jay?
Photoglou is Jay, sorry i thought you would know that. if your truck has been that much of a pain it's time to get rid of it and that is where Jay comes in.

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 09:51 PM
:D ......
Did someone other than yourself put fuel in it today.....Have you called the station you got your last tank from to see if anyone else is having this problem?
No its been running on the same tank for a few days now.It was running great till now accept all the normal bs that goes wrong with this pile.
Everytime something goes wrong it seems $$$$$.

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Photoglou is Jay, sorry i thought you would know that. if your truck has been that much of a pain it's time to get rid of it and that is where Jay comes in.
Oh 10-4.
I definatly agree that it is time to get rid of this terd.

H20 Toie
12-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh 10-4.
I definatly agree that it is time to get rid of this terd.
Ok Jay your up. :)

PHOTOGLOU
12-25-2005, 10:02 PM
I run a Chevrolet dealership in Orange Ca if you are interested in the LBZ or LLY diesel I CAN HELP. I can deliver to you anywhere in the USA and if you own a business you might want to talk to your CPA about the $25k write off a new truck could provide you... Jay 714 552 0300

Redneck
12-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I run a Chevrolet dealership in Orange Ca if you are interested in the LBZ or LLY diesel I CAN HELP. I can deliver to you anywhere in the USA and if you own a business you might want to talk to your CPA about the $25k write off a new truck could provide you... Jay 714 552 0300
ok jay deliver my new truck to me and deliver the bill to someone else aight lol ill have a special bottle of patron waiting for ya

PHOTOGLOU
12-25-2005, 10:07 PM
ok jay deliver my new truck to me and deliver the bill to someone else aight lol ill have a special bottle of patron waiting for ya
It better be a bottle full of Benji's if I'm gonna go to Jail :argue:

Cs19
12-25-2005, 10:12 PM
you sure you didnt fill it up with premium after a few toddies?
sorry to hear it shit out on you, good luck with the repairs.

Redneck
12-25-2005, 10:16 PM
It better be a bottle full of Benji's if I'm gonna go to Jail :argue:
lol dang you run a hard bargain

Squirtin Thunder
12-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Danny,
Jay can hook you up big time.

PHOTOGLOU
12-25-2005, 10:23 PM
lol dang you run a hard bargain
How bout we discuss this over a a few shots of Patron

bajabri
12-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Of all days for a car to break down mine decided that today was the day.It just turned off like someone just shut the key off.It is a 2002 dodge diesel,has anyone else had any problems with theirs?This will be the last dodge i ever buy this thing has been a pile since it was new.Any advice would be apreciated.
Thanks,
Danny
More than likely it is the fuel cutoff solenoid...it is a common repair on the Cummins, it is also best to replace the relay as well.

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 10:48 PM
More than likely it is the fuel cutoff solenoid...it is a common repair on the Cummins, it is also best to replace the relay as well.
I checked all the relays on it today and checked all the wiring and everything seems ok but the fuel shut off is inside the injection pump so i am assuming that it needs a new injection pump.I had a fuel shutoff solenoid go out on my old dodge but it was a completly different style pump than this one.Can this one be changed or does the whole pump need replaced?

djunkie
12-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Call Jay and get one of these. You won't regret it. :crossx:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749Picture_004__Medium_.jpg

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 10:51 PM
you sure you didnt fill it up with premium after a few toddies?
sorry to hear it shit out on you, good luck with the repairs.
No totties for me today i was struggling with a hang over.

dmontzsta
12-25-2005, 11:04 PM
yup. I wonder why Ford trucks are the number 1 seller... :idea:

bigq
12-25-2005, 11:08 PM
all trucks can have problems. i have heard the same thing about the Chevy and Ford. If it was that much of a problem, could you have lemon lawed it? Do you have any power adders?

Squirtin Thunder
12-25-2005, 11:11 PM
all trucks can have problems. i have heard the same thing about the Chevy and Ford. If it was that much of a problem, could you have lemon lawed it? Do you have any power adders?
He sure needs one. I know a Big Bad Ford would sure fix his problems, but he is a chevy guy so give Jay a call.

dmontzsta
12-25-2005, 11:12 PM
He sure needs one. I know a Big Bad Ford would sure fix his problems, but he is a chevy guy so give Jay a call.
I love it.
:)

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 11:21 PM
I dont think i could lemon law it cause i had a chip in it and that was what was eating the trannys up.I took the chip out after the last problem with the tranny.

djdtpr
12-25-2005, 11:24 PM
This is the second dodge i have owned and the last i can say that.I was a ford guy but there older diesels werent strong enough thats why i ended up in a dodge but now they have realy stepped it up so i will be looking into the chevys and the fords.I have never had a chevy truck yet but i had never had a dodge either.I have had great luck with my wifes ford so maybe go back to what i started with.

Squirtin Thunder
12-25-2005, 11:40 PM
This is the second dodge i have owned and the last i can say that.I was a ford guy but there older diesels werent strong enough thats why i ended up in a dodge but now they have realy stepped it up so i will be looking into the chevys and the fords.I have never had a chevy truck yet but i had never had a dodge either.I have had great luck with my wifes ford so maybe go back to what i started with.
Well you won't be unhappy with your choice, let me know if I can help.

Blacksheep
12-26-2005, 02:13 AM
The problem is the fuel transfer pump. This happened to me two years ago on my 99 Dodge 1-ton, unfortunately I was driving and luckily got the truck off to the side of the road and stopped before hitting anything. I initially thought my fuel had jelled because at the time it was extremely cold. After having it towed to the dealer they found out it was the fuel transfer pump. I was driving down the road and it was as if my wife reached over and pulled the key. Lost the power brakes, steering, everything. If I recall, this will cost you a couple hundred bucks. Bad thing is...this can happen on any diesel.
Good luck and happy holidays!!

Riverjet502
12-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Just for giggles you may want to check this site out. There is a ton of info on the cummins on this site. It is sorta like the "Banderlog site for jetboats" A lot of good people with good info willing to help a guy out... Good Luck and let us know what you find....
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php?

Outnumbered
12-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks,
DannyChevy Trucks must suck too then:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99014

Cat Skinner
12-26-2005, 07:32 AM
If you cycle your ingnition switch 3 times ending with the switch on, the odometer display will show you any codes that are set. Writ'em down and post'em. When you cycle it don't hit the starter just on, off ,on, off, on and wait. I'll bet it's something simple. Lift pump is no biggie, takes 20 mins and two beers :)
CS

djdtpr
12-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the help.I am going to work on it now so i will post later what i find.

100+Placecraft
12-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Check the "turbo Diesel Registry" online and see if there's anything in there about that problem. My buddy has an 01' I think and has'nt had any problems except his tranny and torque converter. I got an 04' and it hasnt had any problems so far...cross my fingers.

soupersonic
12-26-2005, 09:46 AM
The injection pump is a common problem on those model years, they arent cheap either.The 03 to current model years are vastly improved all around.

soupersonic
12-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Check the "turbo Diesel Registry" online and see if there's anything in there about that problem. My buddy has an 01' I think and has'nt had any problems except his tranny and torque converter. I got an 04' and it hasnt had any problems so far...cross my fingers.
Actually its www.turbodieselregister.com and check in the 2nd gen section, you can read but to post you have to be a paying member.

revndave
12-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I like my 05 HEMI.I run the crap out of it.

boatnam2
12-26-2005, 12:21 PM
sometimes you just get a lemon,ity dont matter which truck it is.i had my ford dsl do the same thing to me on turkey day in parker,i went for a early moring cruise and it just shutoff.talk about screwed 6am in parker on turkey day.needless to say i didnt get home for a few days.i have a dodge dsl and have never had a problem tow a big boat and trailer all the time.my buddy ahs a new chevy dsl and it is in the shop every week and he dosent tow nothing.thing is a peice of shit.chevy is going bankrupt and cut it workers pay in almost half im sure there working hard to build a good truck.

djdtpr
12-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Well its definatly the injection pump.The lift pump is working fine but i am going to replace it also while i am at it.I called dodge about it and there is a warranty but it doesnt cover my truck they said.A buddy of mine has the same year dodge deisel and they did his under the warranty so i dont know what the deal is there.I called a place in san bernardino that i have used on pumps in my othere trucks in the past called diesel injection service and they have a rebuilt inj. pump for 1100.00 exchange and i have to replace the lift pump to get the warranty so it will be like 1400.000 by the time i get all the parts.
Thanks to all the replys about this i apreciate it.
Danny

soupersonic
12-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Trade that bastard for an 04 - 05 no injection pump probs, more HP and Tq , nicer ride ,4 doors, better steering and much much quieter

djdtpr
12-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Trade that bastard for an 04 - 05 no injection pump probs, more HP and Tq , nicer ride ,4 doors, better steering and much much quieter
I think i am done with dodges,there have been many problems with this truck besides this.

Cat Skinner
12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Well its definatly the injection pump.The lift pump is working fine but i am going to replace it also while i am at it.I called dodge about it and there is a warranty but it doesnt cover my truck they said.A buddy of mine has the same year dodge deisel and they did his under the warranty so i dont know what the deal is there.I called a place in san bernardino that i have used on pumps in my othere trucks in the past called diesel injection service and they have a rebuilt inj. pump for 1100.00 exchange and i have to replace the lift pump to get the warranty so it will be like 1400.000 by the time i get all the parts.
Thanks to all the replys about this i apreciate it.
Danny
Just wondering if you checked the lift pump pressure? Did you pull any codes?
Normally when the pumps go south it's more of a gradual thing. The dealers are now installing a lift pump in the tank and it's generally regarded as a POS setup. Good luck with your truck. I've got an 01 and the only problem I've had is the rear tires wearing quickly :cool:
CS

djdtpr
12-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Just wondering if you checked the lift pump pressure? Did you pull any codes?
Normally when the pumps go south it's more of a gradual thing. The dealers are now installing a lift pump in the tank and it's generally regarded as a POS setup. Good luck with your truck. I've got an 01 and the only problem I've had is the rear tires wearing quickly :cool:
CS
The lift pump has about 4 lbs of pressure.I pulled two codes p1688,p1689 both those are injection pump failure code.

H20 Toie
12-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Time to trade it in :)