PDA

View Full Version : Almost $3.00

jackpunx
03-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Stopped in Baker on the way home from Vegas to get some fuel and Beef Jerky..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/943Gas_prices_295-med.jpg

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 10:13 AM
They are putting it to us big time.:mad:

jackpunx
03-01-2004, 10:14 AM
$2.09 for Diesel

bigq
03-01-2004, 10:43 AM
found diesel for $1.89 this weekend at 76:)

Chase
03-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Price for regular gas here in Saskatoon right now is $2.99/ Gallon. That is a U.S. Gallon too.

Blown 472
03-01-2004, 11:28 AM
And what will anyone do about it? nothing that would involve work and there are far too many distractions for that.

Tom Brown
03-01-2004, 11:35 AM
We're at $0.759CDN/liter here, Chase. What are they boning you guys for fuel?

Kilrtoy
03-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Why isnt Sean Penn complaining about this :mad:

jackpunx
03-01-2004, 11:42 AM
because his car runs on steem

Keithb87
03-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Here in Phoenix it is 1.95 / gal
I drove to Casa Grande this weekend an only paid 1.69 / gal
It just don't make any sense. :mad:

Kilrtoy
03-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Shit I just paid 2:19
This is worse than the prices on boats.....

MsDrmr
03-01-2004, 01:20 PM
cost me $50.00 to fill my car on Friday, good news is that tank will last me about a week or so. I can't believe the prices around here. Even Costco can't save us money now!!!! And like Blown said,,,what are we gonna do about it?

welk2party
03-01-2004, 01:23 PM
All we can do is bitch!:yuk:

Just Tool'n
03-01-2004, 01:24 PM
I wish there was a way around this Delimma, where we could run something else, & screw the oil companies. I remember as a kid hearing the story about the water carbuerator, & how the oil companies bought the patent so it could not be used.
Talk about an urban legend!
Does anyone know if you can do a patent search on the internet, to see if this thing ever existed.
The only water carburator I ever saw was on a bong that we used to use when I was WAAAAAAAAAY Younger!

HCS
03-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Damn gas is going to cost more than my beer!:eek:

jackpunx
03-01-2004, 01:26 PM
I got this email today
Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take
some intelligent,
united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good
idea: This makes
MUCH
MORE SENSE than the “don’t buy gas on a certain day”
campaign that was
going around last April or May! The oil companies just
laughed at that
because they knew we wouldn’t continue to “hurt”
ourselves by refusing
to
buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it
was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join with us .By now you’re
probably thinking
gasoline
priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!
And we can do
that
WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on
our cars, we can’t
just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas
prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here’s the idea:
For the rest of this
year, DON’T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which
now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling
any gas, they
will
be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce
their prices, the
other
companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
impact, we need to
reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas
buyers. It’s really
simple to do!! Now, don’t whimp out on me at this
point...keep reading
and
I’ll explain how simple it is to reach millions of
people I am sending
this note to about thirty people. If each of you send
it to at least ten
more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at
least ten more (300
x
10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
If those three million get excited and pass this on to
ten friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it
goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS
CAN REALLY WORK.
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That’s all. (If you don’t understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let’s face it, you just aren’t a mathematician.
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this
email out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION
people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I’ll bet you I didn’t think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS
CAN REALLY WORK.

Just Tool'n
03-01-2004, 01:30 PM
I got the same E-mail last week from my Dad. I am holding up my end of the deal!
How is everyone else doing with it!

jackpunx
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
I get diesel at a local "Thrifty Gas" Not sure if its affiliated

Just Tool'n
03-01-2004, 01:41 PM
With OPEC cutting crude production by 1 millioon barrels a day to help keep the price up to where they wanted, would this not be considered price fixing.
Now I know that this against the law here in the USA.
And I remeber seeing a long time ago that OPEC had an office in New York city, now would that not make them legal & binding to US laws?
Shit Bill Cinton spent Millions trying Microsoft for price fixing & anti-trust. Why doesnt the US Attorney go after OPEC.
Or why doesnt Bush go to Russsia, buy there oil from them at a fair price, & stop the middle east oil tankers in the middle of the ocean, & tell opec members we dont need your oil. Or lower your price!
Hell I know Russia needs the money.
Or better yet, lets exploit Iraq oil for free to destablize opec pricing, dump millions of barrels of Iraq oil on the world market to devalue the opec stranglehold on the world market. Hell its the least we could do to repay our contry for liberating it from that Sipder Hole loving Saddam Hussein!

Boozer
03-01-2004, 01:41 PM
I dont know what companies here locally buy from either of those companies. We dont have any of the same gas stations you guys have with the exception of shell and texaco.
I fill up average of 3 times a week and with a 25 gallon purchase per fill up it's a huge hit on the pocket book.
I usually get gas at Conoco. We have a big refinery here for conoco so i think they aren't associated with either of those ocmpanies but i could be mistaken. Last time i hit the pump i paid $1.65 for 85 octane.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
03-01-2004, 01:43 PM
gas is still cheaper than water here in Houston.:cool: :D that's the problem. people will pay more for 'tap water' in a bottle then they will for a refined fuel.
they know people will pay it!! How about rather than boycotting one brand of gas start car pooling or using mass transit. that way you don't burn any fuel.:)
Omega <-----will probably be walking his boat along the shoreline alot this summer!

Just Tool'n
03-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Shit Boozer I give a left nut for $1:65 a gallon gas.

Tom Brown
03-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
I fill up average of 3 times a week and with a 25 gallon purchase per fill up it's a huge hit on the pocket book.
:eek:
I fill my 15 US gallon tank roughly once every 6 weeks.
It's way more in summer when I'm driving to the lake. I have to fill the car every two weeks and I burn about 5 gallons on a nice boating day too.
I'd have to get a second paper route if I was pouring gas through an SUV or a truck.

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 01:50 PM
I got the same e-mail a few days ago.Boycott mobil and exxon.I'm holding up my end.

Chase
03-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
We're at $0.759CDN/liter here, Chase. What are they boning you guys for fuel?
.789/l
My gas bill is out of this planet.
I put about $70 in to my truck per week, then in the summer I can double to triple that for the gas used boating and getting the boat to the water.
I think the guys that are complaing about the price of gas to pour into thier maga $$$ boats shouldn't complain, since if you can afford a boat like that you should probably be able to afford the gas going into it. :rolleyes:
Everyone should probably know there is **** all you can do about the price of gas...no matter what, so bitching is not going to help.

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 02:39 PM
I don't know what you consider a mega $$$ boat,back in 95 when i purchased my boat gas was a lot cheaper.Yes I'm complaining.

Chase
03-01-2004, 02:41 PM
I like how you edited that one....

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 02:45 PM
When I originally posted it then read it,I realized it didn't say what I meant.

Chase
03-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Everything was cheaper in 95...were you maybe making less money in 95 as well??

little rowe boat
03-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes I was making less money,but it still hurts the pocket book.

Chase
03-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Yes, I will admit the $$$dropped for gas alone is maddening