PDA

View Full Version : Howard Regatta

dr. margarita
03-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Just conversed with SdLifesaver who is leading the way to make this happen. It's set for the last weekend in June. My family and I will be at Havasu Springs from 6/24 through 6/27. Look forward to seeing as many of you fellow Howard lovers as possible. Please pass on this info to your Howard buddies that do not frequent Hot Boat forums. Just a reminder...due to the Essex regatta happening on the same weekend, I strongly recommend you all get reservations now...I think the Nautical is already booked. Maybe Lenny can put us all up!:D :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
03-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
Just a reminder...due to the Essex regatta happening on the same weekend, I strongly recommend you all get reservations now...I think the Nautical is already booked. D
My understanding is that the Nautical is full as of now for that very reason. And the Island Inn is being used as an overflow hotel for the Essex Regatta.

TPI
03-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Sound like it will be fun, We are looking forward to it.

SDLifesaver
03-03-2004, 06:41 AM
There are many hotels in Havasu. Most are not as convenient as the Nautical or Island Inn, but there are alot of others. We could move it back a week to the fathers day weekend if that works better for everyone. The sooner the better for a date change. I met with the silk screen guy lastnight and hats, shirts, and tank tops are all going to run about the same price depending on how elaborate I make the silk screen. Right now they will cost $15 each. I have to buy 2 dozen of each color hat to do a color change. I am thinking Red, Black, Blue hats, and white t shirts. I am meeting with him tomorrow and the hat art should be done he said. I will need help posting a picture, so you computer guys start looking on the boards tomorrow afternoon. Do we want the event date screened on the shirt or just the month/year or just the year? I will check this later. Nick

little rowe boat
03-03-2004, 08:08 AM
I have already booked my room the date as scheduled works best for me.

dr. margarita
03-05-2004, 09:00 AM
The date scheduled works great! I was just trying to suggest that all interested owners might want to get there reservations as soon as possible, not trying to be discouraging:)

BLOWN HOWARD
03-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Count me in Dr i will be staying at my place in parker so i will look for you when i launch at the springs and maybe we can run up together to the regatta

dr. margarita
03-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
Count me in Dr i will be staying at my place in parker so i will look for you when i launch at the springs and maybe we can run up together to the regatta
Cool!

Troubles No More
03-06-2004, 09:32 AM
This sounds like fun,
I will be traveling to Havase after work on 6/23, I will cruise the channel and the sandbar on Thursday looking for any Howards
Just out of the mold, here a pick of my second boat from Howard

dr. margarita
03-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Dogred
This sounds like fun,
I will be traveling to Havase after work on 6/23, I will cruise the channel and the sandbar on Thursday looking for any Howards
Just out of the mold, here a pick of my second boat from Howard
Sweeeettt!!! Very cool graphics! Love the colors. Which motor?

Troubles No More
03-08-2004, 03:23 PM
DM
Same motor as yours .......... 496 HO

roln 20s
03-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Dogred-
That looks awesome. Is that going to be the cuddy open? Its not the one that was at the LA show is it? Looks great, truely a bad ass boat. Enjoy and keep the pics coming.
Roln 20s

Troubles No More
03-08-2004, 07:04 PM
The boat at the LA show was my first try, I was not happy with the design, Mike and Gene at Howard found a buyer in Oklahoma that did not want to wait who purchased it. So I was back to the drawing board, I was thankful that Mike & Gene were able to secure a buyer and didn’t have a problem with re-designing my present boat. It’s not a lot different but I’m a lot happier with it. Mike had great patience with me and was able to decipher what it was that I actually wanted. Although the graphics look very similar they are just enough different that I’m totally satisfied. The boat is the 25 Bullet Cuddy Bow Rider.

TPI
03-08-2004, 08:15 PM
I just have to comment and say that Howard did an awesome job on this boat. There gel coat work is dialed in. Hey Dogred, I will post your pic here:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=614186

summerlove
03-09-2004, 08:41 AM
call the Nautical Estates - on the island and one minute to the marina, and at $165/night for a 2 bedroom condo, you can't go wrong...(Don't call the Nautical Inn on this) Call 888-343-7666. Tell them you want the regatta rate and they will take 10% off.
Just a good old Campbell guy trying to help out a forlorn group of misguided and lost boaters! ;)

Fhat Cat
03-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Looks like the Cat will be done in time!! If so this will be our first trip to Havi in the boat , Can't wait!
Mrs. Fat Cat

roln 20s
03-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Fhat Cat-
Post some recent pictures of the progress, and the trailer, if I recall you were building the trailer yourself. Awesome boat, I remember shooting some pics right after it was out of the mold.
Roln 20s