PDA

View Full Version : Custom

Picklefork
03-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Anyone see "Rides" last nite? Big dollars for some really custom stuff. Tim Allen owns a Moal Coach Builders car, so does Jay Leno. Allen said his car was perfect, but the craftsman always thinks it's imperfect. And "It's only ready when it's ready.", must be nice to have such a waiting list.

welk2party
03-03-2004, 09:24 AM
I saw parts of that show. Cool cars. I wish I had customers I could overcharge and tell them you can have it when I am ready to give it. Please pay me now.:cool:

Picklefork
03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
What kind of custom work do you do welk2party?

rrrr
03-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Didja see Leno's Buick Roadmaster on the cover of Hot Rod this month? It has a 572 crate motor in it, freeekin' cool car.

Picklefork
03-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I'd give my eyeteeth for Leno's garage.

mud duck
03-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Leno's car on "Rides" last night was unbelievable. Something like 950 hp from a tank engine, a Greyhound bus rear axle and front steering. All packaged very nicely as an old open wheel roadster/racer. The engine was an 1800 cubic inch engine. :eek:

coolchange
03-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Moal is the shit.
I wish I had customers I could overcharge and tell them you can have it when I am ready to give it.
Well when you've really got money and you want the best that's the deal. It was nice to see a show with real fabricators doing real, quality work. I watched that show on Codingtons garage the other night :rolleyes: , what a bunch of buffoons (dont think I've ever said buffoon before :D ) Can't see how ANYONE would ever take something to him again. Ya I know its TV, but it still has his name on it.
Just heard something funny. Jesse James is dating Sandra Bullock:eek: He pulls down 6 M a year and 60% of that is T shirts and sticker sales. :eek:

mirvin
03-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey Coolchange, I watched that show too. What a joke. Makes me feel like going down there and taking over;) That knucklhead foreman dude is a total ass! I love the way they just bang shit trying to make it fit. I've only built a few hot rods but I can tell you that's not the way to do it.
THose guys make the "American Chopper" boys look like Mr. personality:rolleyes:
mirvin

1stepcloser
03-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by coolchange
Jesse James is dating Sandra Bullock
I love Sandra Bullock. :frown:

HOSS
03-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by mud duck
Leno's car on "Rides" last night was unbelievable. Something like 950 hp from a tank engine, a Greyhound bus rear axle and front steering. All packaged very nicely as an old open wheel roadster/racer. The engine was an 1800 cubic inch engine. :eek:
Yeah and its as big as a tank! Barely fits in a lane. Its cool as far as "dare to be different" but its a lil` too big for an open wheel car. But if ya got the cash why not.:cool:

HOSS
03-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Picklefork
I'd give my eyeteeth for Leno's garage.
I`d give all my teeth. Sell one rod and buy new ones.:D
Like the turbine motorcycle.