PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Laveycraft tomorrow

cc322
03-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Well we finally sold our boat and got the money, so we will be heading out to Lavey tomorrow to order our new ride:D We are very excited and have heard so many great things about Laveycraft, Still undecided about the 21 or 24 I have talked to several people on the boards who have the 21 and love it. .We have shoped several builders and fill Lavey is a Quality product. It seems the way they put thier boats together could be what sets them apart IMO ;) I hope its the right choice:cool:

jackpunx
03-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Congrats..!!! Keep us posted

hd&boatrider
03-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Congrats from a new Shockwave owner :)

Laveyman
03-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the family!

dicudmore
03-05-2004, 11:24 PM
congratulations, let's see some pics as it comes together

C-2
03-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Buy the biggest boat you can afford, then go over the top with a motor you can't afford. In the end, you'll be a happy man.
Ask any of us 21' owners!
:D :D :D

CBLavey
03-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Great choice IMHO!!!!:D :D :D

rvrjunky
03-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Get the bigger one or you will always wish you did later.

RiverToysJas
03-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Congrats, you're getting a great boat no matter what the size.
We love our 21 Lavey, and it's plenty of boat for us. At 22' 8" overall, a 21' Lavey would be "23" at most other builders. The 24' is wider, a bit longer, and doens't have the delta pad. Someday we'll bump to a 26'er, but I don't see that happening for a very long time. Our 21' goes everywhere we want to go, handles rough water well, and is very easy to tow, clean, and trailer around.
That being said, everyone has different needs and wants from their boat, and must choose what works for them. We went from an 18' jet to the current Lavey, so it still seems quite large to us! ;)
G'Luck Craig, and check your PM!!!
RTJas :D

Sun burners
03-06-2004, 09:50 AM
When I bought my first boat a 20'r the guy was selling it to buy a 21' LAVEYCRAFT for twice as much money. Now that I have a 26' LAVEY I know why he did it. ITS SOLID!
Good luck on your choice I think I would go small with a BIG ENGINE and trim tabs.

cc322
03-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Well we made it to Lavey today, with a side trip on the way (Shockwave) we talked to Barry and he was a very cool guy. My wife wanted to see the 25 tremor, very nice but a little out of our price range. anyhow we sat with Jeff for what seemed like about 3 hours going over all options and price and still couldnt make up my mind on the 21 or 24, is this NORMAL? :confused: We had the money in our pockets to start our order but the 8000.00 or so difference kept me from going through with the 21, so we are going to regroup and go over our loan again to see how much more a month the 24 would be. I really want to make the right choice for where we mainly boat. (Havasu) I bet most of you are saying DUDE get over it and make up your mind:D Jason did this happen to you? Anybody else? I think I will go over all my paper work,e-mails, and a few COOR LIGHTS to help me decide:D

JetBoatRich
03-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Tough choice, but sure is noce to have that choice.:D
I would say if possible go with the 24' to not regret it later:yuk:
Good luck, either way make sure you post pictures:wink:

stoker
03-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cc322
Well we made it to Lavey today, with a side trip on the way (Shockwave) we talked to Barry and he was a very cool guy. My wife wanted to see the 25 tremor, very nice but a little out of our price range. anyhow we sat with Jeff for what seemed like about 3 hours going over all options and price and still couldnt make up my mind on the 21 or 24, is this NORMAL? :confused: We had the money in our pockets to start our order but the 8000.00 or so difference kept me from going through with the 21, so we are going to regroup and go over our loan again to see how much more a month the 24 would be. I really want to make the right choice for where we mainly boat. (Havasu) I bet most of you are saying DUDE get over it and make up your mind:D Jason did this happen to you? Anybody else? I think I will go over all my paper work,e-mails, and a few COOR LIGHTS to help me decide:D
I acn tell you right now. If you are going to have a few Coors lights to think it over you will talk yourself into the 24. :D

WILD LAVEY
03-06-2004, 07:23 PM
congrats! and welcome to the family. my advice is go with the 24' and you wont regret it. if you get the 21, you'll wish you had a 24' in a year or two. good luck.

paradigm shift
03-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Well it is great to have choices!:) I say take your time you will have many years to enjoy your choice. :D Depending on the type of boating you do. Water sking, wake boarding or just a blast down to your favorite spot to anchor or eat. The bigger boat will have more room and ride better but it is more to tow and will more power along with taking a little more room to turn around when picking up skiers.
I am sure you have thought of all these things and many more. My .02 says buy as big as you can afford. Remember Big motors take big fuel bills and more money to maintain depending on how many hours you put on it. How many hours do you put on your boat in a year. Thats probably another thread topic.
Happy boat shopping!!!!! :D

phebus
03-06-2004, 08:53 PM
The average size of the boat's out at the river has gone up dramatically over the last few years. In order to have a good riding boat when it gets rough from all those big holes and wakes that those big boats make, go Big. You won't regret it., and in fact you will be saving money going bigger from the get go. Also, the bitching factor from the wife in the rough stuff will go down.

dicudmore
03-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by phebus
The average size of the boat's out at the river has gone up dramatically over the last few years. In order to have a good riding boat when it gets rough from all those big holes and wakes that those big boats make, go Big. You won't regret it., and in fact you will be saving money going bigger from the get go. Also, the bitching factor from the wife in the rough stuff will go down.
Exactly......If most of your time is Havasu you want the 24 for the ride. How much more for the 29'? :cool:

RiverToysJas
03-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Jason did this happen to you?
In a way it did! But it happened several years before we actually bought the boat. We looked at Lavey in the late 90s, and I was really going back and forth between the 21 and 24'er. My wife and I went to the LA boat show one year, around 98 or so, and when we left I asked what boat really stood out to her, she said the Lavey's. That was odd because I totally agreed, and there were a lot of boats at the show. So I was impressed that we both liked the same thing. This happened the next year too, only we spent more time looking over the Lavey line. Then we took a trip out there and talked to Rick Hartman. At that time I was really back and forth on the 21 and 24. Seemed like when we got the 21 where we wanted it with the options, we were right at the cost of the 24. It really didn't matter though, because all of those numbers were a little over our head then anyway. But we decided to save and plan for the day we could get one.
Fast forward to Summer of 2002, and OP6 III. I took a ride with Waterndog in his 500HP motivated 21XCS. I was SOLD right there. We were in a position to buy one now, and again went out to Lavey to see what they had. This time I had made up my mind before going out that we were shopping a 21'. I never asked, through the whole process what a 24' would cost. I didn't want to be tempted, and we were already, pretty close to our budget limit.
I don't wish I had a 24' and I never will. The 26 is my next goal, but even that is a long way off. I'm very happy with the 21 (but keep in mind I was coming out of an 18'er). The 24 is a great boat, as are all of the Lavey's, but if I go bigger than I have, I want a stand-up driver. The 24' is not. BUT I do regrat a little that I didn't go bigger on the power (but who doesn't?). 496HO or even 500HP!!! With the 500, that boat is a just awesome. I can someday Whipple my 496Mag and get pretty close to that number though. My 375hp, open bow has run just a hair under 70 in real life conditions, and probably could do better than that.
More important than the top end number though, is the solid build and peace of mind that brings!!!! ;)
Good luck Craig, and my offer still stands to come out and see my boat up close!
RTJas :D