PDA

View Full Version : Is there free speech in America?

BUSTI
03-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I had to copy my post from another post because the issue of free speach is misunderstood by so many people.
Related to free speech most of you have it all wrong. You do not have the right to free speach in America!
You never have and you never will! What the Constitution says is that you have ...are you ready for this children....
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK FREELY!
With that freedom also comes the risk that you may pay, a price if you speak ignorantly, or if you lie, or if you slander, or if you pollute the minds iof children rresposibly .......you might have to pay a price such as a lawsuit, a boycott and or a fine or you may get fired.
Or even worse you may be thought of as a ****ing ignorant moron like many of the leftists on this board or misguided youngins with no philososphy on these boards as well.
Look , we have the right to speak freely but when it becomes so offensive like Howard Stearn's subject matter is...then all of us right thinking people with a sense of standards and decency have the right o fine him, boycott him, or otherwise lobby every body we know to not listen to him or better yet not buy the products from his advertisers or EVEN BETTER YET TELL HIS SYNDICATOR THAT WE WILL NOT LISYEN TO ANY OF THEIR PROGRAMS UNTILL THEY FIRE HIM. THATS ARE FREEDOM TO DO SO.
And if Howard doesnt like tell to go screw himself but to bad thats the way most thinking Americans think. Only young low standard pieces of shit like that guy anyway....thats my right to speak freely.
Speech is not protected by the constitution, nor is it protected by idiots like Howard Im a pig Stearn..it is certainly not protected by the liberal press.
Niether is it protected by the ACLU.......
for you idiots , and you know who you are on this board...
IT IS PROTECTED BY AMERICAN SOLDIERS WITH THEIR GUNS THAT HAVE DIED FOR OUR RIGHT TO SPEAK FREELY. YES EVEN PIECES OF SHIT LIKE HOWARD STEARNS IS THE RECEIPIENT OF THIS FREEDOM BECAUSE SOME MAN OR WOMAN LOST THEIR LIFE PROTECTING OUR RIGHT TO SPEAK FREELY!
AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER 200 YEARS.
So get a clue there isn't free speach in America...what we have is the right to speak freely and somebody died for that right. And they next time you exercise your right to speak freely remember you may pay a price for it because speech is never free you sons a bitches!

Blown 472
03-05-2004, 04:06 PM
dude, I have a word for you, "pussy" go get some and mellow the **** out.

Her454
03-05-2004, 04:17 PM
I must have missed the other thread? Busti, the anger in that post is overwhelming. Chill. Its friday, and you live in the USA and you have the freedom to order another drink. ;)

Tom Brown
03-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Hell yeah! :cool:
I don't know what's going on but I'm with you, BUSTI. I'm hyped up and ready to kick some ass.
Who wants some of this? :mad:
Huh? :mad:
Whatchu lookin at, Brian?

Jbb
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Hell yeah! :cool:
I don't know what's going on but I'm with you, BUSTI. I'm hyped up and ready to kick some ass.
Who wants some of this? :mad:
Huh? :mad:
Whatchu lookin at, Brian?
Dont start with me Brown...I got Kim in my corner....and he's drinkin...Mankybiatch :D

summerlove
03-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Or even worse you may be thought of as a ****ing ignorant moron like many of the leftists on this board or misguided youngins with no philososphy on these boards as well.
Speech is not protected by the constitution, nor is it protected by idiots like Howard Im a pig Stearn..it is certainly not protected by the liberal press.
Niether is it protected by the ACLU.......
for you idiots , and you know who you are on this board...
IT IS PROTECTED BY AMERICAN SOLDIERS WITH THEIR GUNS THAT HAVE DIED FOR OUR RIGHT TO SPEAK FREELY. YES EVEN PIECES OF SHIT LIKE HOWARD STEARNS IS THE RECEIPIENT OF THIS FREEDOM BECAUSE SOME MAN OR WOMAN LOST THEIR LIFE PROTECTING OUR RIGHT TO SPEAK FREELY!
AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER 200 YEARS.
I assume I'm one of the idiots you refer to? (childish)
While many have given their lives to support the freedoms we enjoy today, to imply that I do not recognize the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform, and their families, lost in war and conflict, is a slap in the face. Because we sit on different sides of the political spectrum, I am an idiot? Because we have different opinions, I am an idiot? Because we fight for what we believe is right, I am an idiot? It sounds to me like you are making an effort to shut me up! Sounds like you want to take away MY First Amendment right, which states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. " I guess I am the idiot after all because as a democrat I'm not allowed, in your world, to have an opinion, talk freely about my beliefs, and to express myself as I deem appropriate. Until of course, I change my party affiliation and become a republican. Then , I'll be a frigging genious!
Busti, if we were all the same, we'd live in a much darker world, one without opinion, dissension, dicussion, or personal freedoms. I don't think any of us want that, so please, chill out and remember to love your brother, regardless of the color of their skin, their house of worship, or their political party. To do anything less is bordering on hatred and political bigotry, and we certainly don't need any more of that in here.
Have a nice weekend!
:D :D :D

OutCole'd
03-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Summerlove, if I see you in the channel, I am buying you a beer.
Well said

Her454
03-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
While many have given their lives to support the freedoms we enjoy today, to imply that I do not recognize the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform, and their families, lost in war and conflict, is a slap in the face. Because we sit on different sides of the political spectrum, I am an idiot? Because we have different opinions, I am an idiot? Because we fight for what we believe is right, I am an idiot? It sounds to me like you are making an effort to shut me up! Sounds like you want to take away MY First Amendment right, which states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. " I guess I am the idiot after all because as a democrat I'm not allowed, in your world, to have an opinion, talk freely about my beliefs, and to express myself as I deem appropriate. Until of course, I change my party affiliation and become a republican. Then , I'll be a frigging genious!
Busti, if we were all the same, we'd live in a much darker world, one without opinion, dissension, dicussion, or personal freedoms. I don't think any of us want that, so please, chill out and remember to love your brother, regardless of the color of their skin, their house of worship, or their political party. To do anything less is bordering on hatred and political bigotry, and we certainly don't need any more of that in here.
Have a nice weekend!
:D :D :D
Very well said , but I think you BOTH need to share the Blood Pressure Meds. :) AND save some for Tom Brown.

Tom Brown
03-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
Dont start with me Brown...I got Kim in my corner....and he's drinkin...Mankybiatch :D
Holy ****! You're playing the Kim card already? :(

Jbb
03-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Holy ****! You're playing the Kim card already? :(
You know, as I always say.............Go Ugly Early!

Blown 472
03-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Very well said.
Oh and **** you Brown.

Phil Deez Knutts
03-05-2004, 04:31 PM
I am just about ready to bounce my knutts off of someone's chin, caveman style!!!
Where is a deaf dumb toothless parapalygic who owns a liquor store when you need one? Guess I will have to settle for Hoof Hearted :eek: <---------- but you will need to open a little wider than this and I will try not to dislocate your jaw this time.

Tom Brown
I didn't think this thread would get impolite so quickly. :confused:

welk2party
Did someone say FREE!

Tom Brown
03-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I just had the top button of my trousers sewn back on. I don’t mind getting worked up. I could use the exercise.

Blown 472
03-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I didn't think this thread would get impolite so quickly. :confused:
Hey busti, amnisty Brown is here and looking to kick your ass.

Her454
03-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Hey busti, amnisty Brown is here and looking to kick your ass.
ROTFLMAO :D

totenhosen
03-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Again who decides what is indecent, offensive and what the standard is? government? an appointed official? You? Me?
Your standards may be much different than mine. Don't you think it should be outlined what the rules are so taht you know if you are breaking them.

throttlejunkie
03-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Have a nice weekend!
:D :D :D Amen Brother!!!:D :D

Jbb
03-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I guess the message is...Dont mess with Amnesty Brown....See attached....
Seniors Brawl After Salad Bar Dispute
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - A dispute at the salad bar turned into a food fracas at an upscale retirement home, with a man taking a bite out of another's arm and other residents suffering minor injuries.
Police said resident Tom Brown, 62, of the Spring Haven Retirement Community was picking through the lettuce, which disgusted 86-year-old William Hocker, who was standing in line behind him.
Hocker told Thoss no one wanted to eat food he had been playing with. Brown yelled and cursed at him, Hocker told police, and Hocker called him a nasty name. Then, witnesses said, Brown then began punching Hocker in the face.
In the buffet melee that followed, Allen Croft, 79, tried to grab Brown, who bit him on the arm, reports said.
Browns mother, Arlene, in her 80s and also a Spring Haven resident, jumped in to break up the fight and ended up with a cut arm. Harry Griffin, 92, was standing at the salad bar and cut his head when he was knocked to the ground.
``All the old folks were either getting up to help or trying to get out of there,'' police spokesman J.J. Stanton said of the scene last Sunday in the well-appointed dining room, which features an ice cream bar and a pastry chef.
Arlene Brown, Croft and Griffin were treated at a local hospital and released.
Stanton said all involved declined to press charges, but home administrators have asked Tom Brown to move out.
03/05/04 07:36
© Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Blown 472
03-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Well we know WHO not to **** with.

Tom Brown
03-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Mess with me and I'll be cleaning your ass from my dentures.

mirvin
03-05-2004, 04:55 PM
The answer to this questions is NO. So shut the **** up;)
mirvin

BUSTI
03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Thank you students ! You all made my point. And for the rcord I am not amped up over this and I have been drinking!
All in fun and I already have had all my meds today, thank you for caring.
You see we all can speak freely and I did. However I ran the risk that me, speaking freely could come with a price! Thats my point about Howard Stearns. His language and subject matter is obnoxious and as such he must be prepared to pay a price when that subject matter piss' people off!
Look many of you were fightin mad when you read my post assuming i was insulting you. There wereno guidelines that i crossed or written standards on how to debate the subject with you. You just knew that i was out of line in your mind and you were going to post up and under no uncertain terms you were going to ream me. Right?
Well thats how many people feel about the Janet Jackson thing on national Tv in front of our kids during family programming showing her tit off. And thats how many of us feel about people like Howard Stearns talking about screwing hookers in the ass on national radio. There arent written rules for this stuff a good decent community recognizes shit when they see it. we are not religious zealots we are just tired of the crap out there publicly.
Just like many of you responed to my post you got offended and you wanted to kick mt ass.
Look I enjoy the debate with all of you. But in trying to make my point that speech isn't free I had to speak freely to get you angry enough to make my point.
Speech is never free it comes with a price!
I love my country and I love knowing that every night when I go to bed, with the exception of speaking falsehoods under oath, I can never go to jail for speaking freely!

Phil Deez Knutts
03-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Speaking of Janet - what kind of wardrobe malfunction was there? Justin reached across to het tit, and pulled. Seems to me like it worked perfectly - unless both tits were suposed to be exposed??? Now I see the malfunction!!!

Tom Brown
03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
LET'S SWITCH THIS THREAD OVER TO ALL CAPS.

Schiada76
03-05-2004, 05:27 PM
HHHMMMMMMMMMMM MEDS!:sleeping:

AzDon
03-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
I had to copy my post from another post because the issue of free speach is misunderstood by so many people.
It's spelled S-P-E-E-C-H, not speach........ Being an ignorant moron isn't the exclusive territory of those whose politics is "people sensitive". I'm amazed that some have achieved so much in life when they display such shocking disregard for spelling and context when expressing themselves in writing.
If it makes you feel better to believe that I'm an ignorant moron because I disagree with you idealogically, then you are just showing facist, bigoted intolerance for viewpoints other than your own. It will be impossible for you to ever form an open-minded opinion based on weighing both sides of an argument as long as you intolerantly ignore opposing viewpoints. You have obviously found the "supremely elected" leader that you've chosen to follow and are willing to follow him into whatever hell he is willing to unleash on us. The fact is that Mr Bush has never done anything personally courageous himself, but has always asked others to sacrifice while he hides behind his wall of privilege. More money is spent protecting Mr. Bush than any other person in this country, so, of course he can get away with all the chest thumping.... Does that make him brave?
Regardless of what Mr. Kerry did in Vietnam or shortly after, the fact is that he completed his duty with honor IN VIETNAM instead of wangling his way out of serving there, as Bush did.
John McCain, who was a POW in Vietnam for over five years, was recently asked how he felt about Mr Kerry's post military anti-war activities, and he expressed that Kerry had certainly earned the right through his service in Vietnam, to publicly voice concerns about the war after his discharge.

HOSS
03-05-2004, 08:56 PM
You have freedom of speech as long as I approve. Use language infront of my wife like in a Home Depot and you`ll be buying rubber gloves, flashlight, tongue depressor and epoxy after I slam your teeth down your throat.:mad:
Have a nice ****in` day!:cool:

Jim Anderson
03-05-2004, 09:12 PM
If you don't like Stern turn the "****ING DIAL" you retard (BUSTI)!!!. There's plenty of other classical music stations for you to listen to. And if you can't control your kids from listening to him what kind of parent are you anyway?????. Now that i've spoke my mind....Good Night!!:mad:

HOSS
03-05-2004, 09:15 PM
dude?,,,,,,,,you are a spoke

Kilrtoy
03-05-2004, 09:43 PM
yes there is free speech,
I have to listen to it every time you USC freaks Rant about being National Champs:D

HOSS
03-05-2004, 09:44 PM
LSU
LSU

Tom Brown
03-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
I'm amazed that some have achieved so much in life when they display such shocking disregard for spelling and context when expressing themselves in writing.
I couldn’t agree more. It’s a ****ing calamity that ****s with my literary sensibilities every ****ing night.

Buff
03-06-2004, 06:15 AM
Hey Busti - get a pencil out so you can write this down - Your radio, well it has a button or a dial on it that will allow you to turn any station you find offensive off! I assume you were not aware of that and that you were not saying that just because you do not care for something that the rest of us should also not like it because you deemed it distasteful. You being a freedom loving American certainly means you champion the rights of others to decide for themselves what they want to listen to. buff

HOSS
03-06-2004, 07:15 AM
I want to listen to metal. No one wants to play it though. I hate rap. :D

mickeyfinn
03-06-2004, 07:48 AM
BUSTI,
You remind me of J.B. Stoner. Not your beliefs but the way you come across. You both share views with a large number of people but when you try to express them publicly you come across as a total idiot. I guess you don't understand that if you are posting on boards such as this one expressing your views it is assumed that you are trying to "sell" those views to others hoping to find others who either already share those beliefs or who can be convinced by reading your words to begin sharing your beliefs. So it would seem that you need a little education:
1. Spell check your posts. Your posts seem like they are written by an elementary schooler who hasn't yet learned to spell.
2. Read your post and make sure that it is at the very least somewhat coherent. You ramble more than an 80 year old with Alzheimer's .
3. If you don't want to get flamed then don't post, or at least post somewhere where you are a part of the majority.
Basically just try to read your post and make sure you don't sound like a totally ignorant idiot.
Oh just to clarify a post made by someone else earlier, your radio actually has 2 dials or buttons that will enable you to not listen to things you don't like. One of them actually changes the station to a different station, maybe you can find one you like. The other will actually turn it off. I have not ever read anything in the constitution which guarantees you the right to listen to public radio.

SoCalOffshore
03-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Excellent disertation. Oh Summerlove, if only you were a Republican. Anyway, speach is not free, it costs me $29.95 month for DSL fees.

BUSTI
03-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Jim Anderson, Azdon and Mickey,
Thanks for making my point again. Speech is not free! if you don't like what I have to say go screw yourselves and don't read my posts. The 'turn off the radio" botton is called your mouse if you don't like what I have to say to bad I believe you have the right to your opinion no matter how ignorant I believe your opinion might be.
My point was that speech isn't free and you have made my arguement for. the radio dial and the tv do have dial selectors and you can turn them off. But don't try and feed me your crap that all children have the common sence to turn off programs like the ones in question all the time. Everybody was surprised that the pig Janet Jackson showed off her tits at the superbowl. She has the freedom to acy poorly and those off us with standards have the right to protest her as harshly as we want.
I don't believe the place for this protest is the FCC but I do that private citizens should boycott the slobs of the airways and rest assured I don't listen to Howard Stearns. I do turn him off!
As to getting flamed on these boards who cares? I don't ! i love the arguements we have here. you can't insult me because i have long since realized i can't control what people think of me and long have since tried to make people care for me. And as far as post where people agree with me ...I don't care if people agree with me..or haven't you noticed.
Anderson and Mickey shut the front door and get a sence of humor! Go stuff your selves you jack...well you get the idea!

MagicMtnDan
03-06-2004, 02:48 PM
If you don't listen to Howard Stern then how the hell do you know what he says on the air and what his radio show is all about?! :D :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-06-2004, 03:46 PM
I just want to know why you can't find music in the morning. I want DJs to shut up and play music. My .02--Howard sucks. Course, I'm a woman, but I just think he's dumb. I don't know if he's really that stupid, or he is just trying to attract the dregs of society to his show (no offense). If you all like it-good for you. My problem is, I can't listen to rock stations, because every station (rock station) in my area has him on it--so it doesn't help to change the dial. I don't have a problem with him being on the air, although the things he says are not protected under the first amendment, sorry to break the news to you, I just wish he wasn't on three stations in my area.
Back to the first amendment, I'm pretty sure most of the public finds talking about anal sex in detail, or any sex in detail, as indecent. BTW, it's the supreme court who ultimatley decides what is allowable, not the average Joe. If you don't like that, too bad.

Buff
03-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Here's where we are going: "Hot Boats" that are severely muffled and catalytically converted to the max, speed limits on Havasu and Mead, gas prices high enough to discourage traveling and motor-centered recreation, new boat prices higher than any working man or woman can afford, and radio and TV that stations that dare not lean to the obscene or offensive less they be stomped upon by the moralizing, zealous Christian, Republican Right.
The fanatic eco-Left wants to ruin our motor-centered recreation and the equally insane, superstitious-ridden, Christian right wingers want to insinuate their blood-sacrifice religion into our government. They are Western Hemisphere equivilents of the Islamic madness! In fact, these Christian zealots once ruled the West - we now commonly call that period "The Dark Ages." Have we not learned our lessons - are we going to go through all that superstitious insanity again?
Look - all I want is to ski behind my shiny stupid boat - and hear it! And drive it at any speed I want - conditions allowing of course. Oh yeah - I wanna listen to Howard Stern once in a while too - or anyone else I choose to for that matter.
Thomas Paine - check his revolionary ass out! buff

beer hunter
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
LET'S SWITCH THIS THREAD OVER TO ALL CAPS.
STOP YELLING ;) ;) ;)
NEVER FREE TITTIES & BEER, HE'S JUST TOO DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!:eek: