PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first lawnmower

wsuwrhr
03-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Christie went to Sears yesterday and picked up our first lawnmower. I have always had used hand-me-down mowers.
Time to mow the backyard forest and start getting ready for summer.
I was thinking of starting a website for it.
Brian the homeowner

Mandelon
03-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Aww. Can you ride on it? :D Maybe Whipple Charge that thing, throw some billet and chrome on it. You'll be the envy of all the other neighbors...:D Don't forget the cupholder!!!! LOL

HOSS
03-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Probably got a Briggs Quatum on it. 5.5 or 6 horse. Its a piece. They have the carbs calibrated to gov specs. Any moisture and it won`t run. But fear not cause when it breaks I`ll walk ya throught it.

Hotcrusader76
03-07-2004, 09:44 AM
HOSS....are you a closet lawnmower racer of something:D...
Funny thing though..I had someone approach me in San Antonio one day inquiring about my logo on the truck. He asked me if I did alcohol carbs for lawnmowers....these weren't roundy round lawnmowers...these were straight-up drag racing versions with slicks....
I about died when he asked me...but I suppose there's a market for it anyhow...

Infomaniac
03-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Tell that guy to plumb a weed blower directly into the carb. It will wake it up a bit. :D

HOSS
03-07-2004, 11:44 AM
closet lawnmower racer,,,,,,,thats is some freaky soundin` stuff:p
I`ve got a commercial Toro 2 cycle 21 inch deck. Yeah,,,,its quick.:cool:

roostwear
03-07-2004, 12:07 PM
I expect to see some billet pieces on it "lawnmower man".:D

wsuwrhr
03-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by HOSS
Probably got a Briggs Quatum on it. 5.5 or 6 horse. Its a piece. They have the carbs calibrated to gov specs. Any moisture and it won`t run. But fear not cause when it breaks I`ll walk ya throught it.
7 horse pal, haha
Front wheel drive. Guess this means I can't get sideways going around a corner.
Brian

HOSS
03-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
7 horse pal, haha
Front wheel drive. Guess this means I can't get sideways going around a corner.
Brian
Its a Sears model. Still a POS. HAHA
Don`t feel bad. I own a Wrangler.

jlnorthrup122
03-07-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm with hoss on this one I have a craftsman too and its a POS! It is hard starting and when it is in gear and I hit high grass the ****er wants to die. :mad: :D

jlnorthrup122
03-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Origginally posted by Hoss
Don`t feel bad. I own a Wrangler.
And if you have been keeping all the old parts you have had to replace you would have 2 wranglers!!:D :D hey by now you should be able to drill your driveway for oil eay!!;)
Yep jeeps went to shit when diamler got there hands on them!! I bet AMC officials are still kicking themselves in the asses on that transaction!!

HOSS
03-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Nah,all the old parts were smoked. Spider gears grenaded. Its sorta like my late old man`s Tradesman van. Once he replaced all the stock crap it was a great vehicle.

jlnorthrup122
03-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Hoss
Spider gears grenaded.
I had that same problem on my GC last summer so I call up the local repair shop and the ****ers quote me up to 800.00 smackers to replace. so I whent and bought the gears from a powertrian shop for 100. bucks and did it myself in an hour. now the ****ers bent from a fender bender so I am thinking about picking up a junk fullsize for parts for my old chrokee and take the axles and fab up some trusses to bolt them on the GC I think they will be around 1 foot wider but if I life it up and go with 11.5 37 boggers on an shollow offset rim set they should miss the fenders with a littl trimming and bushwacker flares! but that has to wait till I get the cat in the water.

HOSS
03-07-2004, 07:11 PM
I wanna go with Skyjackers 8" lift and 39.5`s under mine with 60 axles. But I`ll probably never get around to it because I break more than I fix. I need to talk to Jesse and get a 42" deck running off a pto to cut the grass.:p

jlnorthrup122
03-07-2004, 07:20 PM
You could probly find your 60s under an old chevy truck for cheap. and that pto and 42" deck dealio sounds like the old farm jeeps fron the fifties they made ditchwitch attachments, backhoe attachments and auger atachments for them. a buddie of mine had a 1948 willeys with a pto on it! maybe jeep should reintroduce the old farm jeep!! :) :p

JetBoatRich
03-07-2004, 07:25 PM
No pictures:D

HOSS
03-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Really! Where is this Sears mower?:D

wsuwrhr
03-07-2004, 09:41 PM
You guys already ****ed up any good feelings I had about my mower.:)
Brian