PDA

View Full Version : Sheriffs Deputy found dead....

topless
03-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Apparently she was found shot. I heard it on the news yesterday, and today they are saying she may have accidentally shot herself loading equipment in her car. A witness yesterday said she heard six shots fired. Now today it's accidental?????? Does this sound like a cover up or just bad journalism?

WYRD
03-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Apparently she was found shot. I heard it on the news yesterday, and today they are saying she may have accidentally shot herself loading equipment in her car. A witness yesterday said she heard six shots fired. Now today it's accidental?????? Does this sound like a cover up or just bad journalism?
What county? Somebody please post a link to the article

topless
03-29-2006, 09:49 AM
here's the news on it today.
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-deputy29mar29,1,2655162.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california

WYRD
03-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Sad

topless
03-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah it is sad. I just came to work after hearing it was accidental and a guy in my office said he watched the news last night that said a witness heard 6 shots. Kinda strange how the story is changed.

Sleek-Jet
03-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Kinda strange how the story is changed.
Hard to fathom that anyone in the news media could possibly get anything wrong... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Very sad for the family I'm sure...

topless
03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
And here's another story on what a witness heard. Just strange that you can shoot yourself 6 times and it be reported as A gunshot wound. Just sounds fishy to me.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/14213512.htm

Kilrtoy
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Lesibian Love Triangle is my take
still sucks someone is dead

topless
03-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Lesibian Love Triangle is my take
still sucks someone is deadI was wondering that myself. And yes, still sad.

MagicMtnDan
03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Lesbian Love Triangle
That's three words worth contemplating :D

GHT
03-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Sounds like suicide to me. Probably tryin to collect on her own life insurance policy.
Rio :idea:
Riodog,
These days you always seem to find the good with every event. :D :D Unless is has to do with Aftershock Boats... :crossx: :crossx:

Lavey29
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
She was murdered and it was not domestic related. Most likely robbery/car jacking attempt. She suffered 2 gunshot wounds and was not able to get a shot off back at the pieces of crap.

topless
03-29-2006, 11:42 AM
She was murdered and it was not domestic related. Most likely robbery/car jacking attempt. She suffered 2 gunshot wounds and was not able to get a shot off back at the pieces of crap.So why is the media saying accidental shooting and how do we know it is not domestic?

Kilrtoy
03-29-2006, 11:46 AM
So why is the media saying accidental shooting and how do we know it is not domestic?
You learned something new today TOPLESS
THE MEDIA LIES WORSE THAN PEOPLE ON ***boat......
You did not know this..
The news media is the TV version of the enquirer

topless
03-29-2006, 11:48 AM
You learned something new today TOPLESS
THE MEDIA LIES WORSE THAN PEOPLE ON ***boat......
You did not know this..
The news media is the TV version of the enquirerYou don't have to yell at me. :cry: Besides, I liked your version better.

MagicMtnDan
03-29-2006, 01:48 PM
LONG BEACH, Calif. - The shooting death of an off-duty Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy was a homicide that apparently occurred during a robbery, Long Beach police said Wednesday. Images
Deputy Maria Cecelia Rosa, 30, of Pomona, was fatally shot about 6 a.m. Tuesday in the driveway of a home in the 2900 block of Eucalyptus Avenue, according to Long Beach police. She died of a wound to the upper body.
Sheriff Lee Baca initially said Rosa might have inadvertently shot herself as she was putting her gun in the trunk of her car.
But Long Beach police detectives believe the shooting was a homicide, LBPD Officer Jackie Bezart said. The motive appeared to be robbery, but Bezart did not disclose what might have been taken or what suggested the killing was a robbery.
"A ballistics report on her gun has indicated that the gun had not been fired," Bezart said.
A native of Sonora, Mexico, Rosa was hired by the sheriff's department in July of 2000. She was assigned to work at the county jail's Inmate Reception Center.
The shooting occurred in the driveway of the home of sheriff's Detective Jenny Martin, with whom Rosa frequently stayed.
Rosa, known as "Sessy" to her friends, was the second Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy to die in less than a week. Deputy Pierre Bain, 45, a 14-year department veteran, was killed in an on-duty motorcycle accident in Lancaster on Thursday.
Rosa is survived by three brothers and two sisters. Funeral plans are pending.

IN2-IN2MX
03-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Sad news.

H20Advantage
03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Just heard in training today that it may have been accidental. Possibly her service weapon went off while putting equiptment in the trunk of her vehicle.
Godspeed..................

slink
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Just heard in training today that it may have been accidental. Possibly her service weapon went off while putting equiptment in the trunk of her vehicle.
Godspeed..................
Neg...two .22 rounds in her. Her gun was never fired. Rumor has it they are looking for two suspects. Possible att/211 or 215

H20Advantage
03-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Neg...two .22 rounds in her. Her gun was never fired. Rumor has it they are looking for two suspects. Possible att/211 or 215
Guess thats how rumors get started. Heard it from a trainer over at the OC Sheriffs today during force options training.
Hope they find them soon.

slink
03-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Guess thats how rumors get started. Heard it from a trainer over at the OC Sheriffs today during force options training.
Hope they find them soon.
YA, Baca put that out on the news last night (that it was accidental). If I was in their POA, I would be livid.

riverby5
03-29-2006, 08:27 PM
The Lasd Union Is Weak And Divided....it Was A Hit And They Got What They Wanted.....they Didnt Take Anything(the Car, The Beretta) Or Anything Else...trust Me This Was No Accident....
Watch Your Backs....

slink
03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
The Lasd Union Is Weak And Divided....it Was A Hit And They Got What They Wanted.....they Didnt Take Anything(the Car, The Beretta) Or Anything Else...trust Me This Was No Accident....
Watch Your Backs....
Not that I doubt you, you talking hit on L.E in general or specific to her.

Lavey29
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
So why is the media saying accidental shooting and how do we know it is not domestic?
Media was given some preliminary speculation and ran with it without waiting for better info. I was there and there was nothing to indicate it was domestic. 2 thugs rolled up to rob here and when she tried to defend herself, she was shot.

slink
03-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Media was given some preliminary speculation and ran with it without waiting for better info. I was there and there was nothing to indicate it was domestic. 2 thugs rolled up to rob here and when she tried to defend herself, she was shot.
Lavey, R U LBPD?

THATJEFFGUY
03-29-2006, 09:23 PM
The homeowner her friend, also a LASO Dep...worked the gang detail. Possible gang related retaliation ??

topless
03-30-2006, 02:00 AM
This is so sad but I don't buy the robbery deal on this one either. I just think the media needs to keep their speculations to themselves.

Lavey29
03-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Lavey, R U LBPD?
Nope,,,LASD,,,rolled down there to assist them with their investigation and suspect search