PDA

View Full Version : Any here sell pre finished solid wood flooring?

Hermosa
03-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Yea, yea, I know... it's a boating site. I can't go boating until I get my flooring complete. I want to lay down some pre finished, nail down 4" plank flooring, any help appreciated, I need 1300sf of the stuff, here are the specs. (4" wide plank, pre finished, red oak, natural finish, 3/4" solid, nail down, micro bevel sides and ends). Any help appreciated.

al cole'holic
03-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Hermosa
Yea, yea, I know... it's a boating site. I can't go boating until I get my flooring complete. I want to lay down some pre finished, nail down 4" plank flooring, any help appreciated, I need 1300sf of the stuff, here are the specs. (4" wide plank, pre finished, red oak, natural finish, 3/4" solid, nail down, micro bevel sides and ends). Any help appreciated.
...hey we all need something to do at the end of the season, I just did the same thing at a house in T.O. :D
That job we used Amigo's Flooring, they have 2 locations and boast about having 2 million sq' of this in stock.
Torrance - 19129 S. Hamilton (310) 323-7373
North Hollywood - 13406 Saticoy (818) 901-7411
We were roughly around $3-4/sq' for finished planks in light maple. Good stuff to work with for sure, easy to lay with the duck glue. Good luck! :D

boat030
03-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Have you already picked out a certain manufacture, if so let me know I can probably help you out. Are you going to put it down yourself?

Hermosa
03-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Boat 030, I send you a PM. Yes, I do plan to nail this down myself. I need to get a gun too for this project... more tools.

al cole'holic
03-09-2004, 11:57 AM
The nailing was the easy part, it's that friggin mess of a glue :D

Hermosa
03-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
The nailing was the easy part, it's that friggin mess of a glue :D
I called that Amigos palce, sounds like they have a lot of stock, I likes the prices I was quited. They have the stock there, that is nice, most of the places I have called either need to order it, or are trying to find it, they all suck in one way or another. Amigos is too far away, that's the only problem, I'm in the bay area. Thanks for the tip. : )

al cole'holic
03-09-2004, 12:15 PM
I called that Amigos palce, sounds like they have a lot of stock, I likes the prices I was quited. They have the stock there, that is nice, most of the places I have called either need to order it, or are trying to find it, they all suck in one way or another. Amigos is too far away, that's the only problem, I'm in the bay area. Thanks for the tip. : )
Wasn't quite sure where the hell Lafayette was...did they have any suggestions for you there??

Hermosa
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
No, they didn't have any suggestions for a place up here, but I'm still looking, I just want to get this finished so it is complete before summer, I want to get a lot more boating in this year, a lot more.

OutCole'd
03-09-2004, 01:09 PM
I sell it, but I am in Vegas. Let me know if I could help.

Hermosa
03-10-2004, 07:40 AM
030, thanks for your time on this, I tried to PM you, but that function is not working for some reason right now, it just hung there.
Out Cole'd, thanks for the reply, I'll call you if I can't get something else working. Thanks again.

NorCal Gameshow
03-10-2004, 11:27 AM
check out lumber liquidators they have a web site that will give you an idea what they carry.
they have a store somewhere in or around berkeley...
EDIT---> i put a y at the end of they and took a "d" off of and...
i've got to pay more attention when i post :D

mbrown2
03-10-2004, 12:07 PM
I second Lumbar liquidators...when we did out place, I was able to get Solid Cherry Wood Planks about 450 sq' for under $3 a sq'...that was over 4 years ago, but it was the cheapest and best quality we could find.

Hermosa
03-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
check out lumber liquidators the have a web site that will give you and idea what they carry.
they have a store somewhere in or around berkeley...
I had called them a few times, they never know what they have, and always put you on hold forever, I thought they kinda sucked. I guess if you have the time to wait and know exactly what you want, it might be a good way to go... I gave them my exact specs , they didn't have anything close. They did have my 2nd choice, but their price wasn't good. That place is hit or miss.

78Eliminator
03-10-2004, 01:03 PM
How about some good "Do it yourself" web sites for installing hard wood floors on a raised foundation house?
I don't want the pre-engineered crap, I am talking about the real deal solid hard wood floor installations. Thanks all.
J

Hermosa
03-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
How about some good "Do it yourself" web sites for installing hard wood floors on a raised foundation house?
I don't want the pre-engineered crap, I am talking about the real deal solid hard wood floor installations. Thanks all.
J
That's what i'm looking for, real wood, not engineered wood, just in a pre-finish state. Anyone can nail down a floor, I just don't want to deal with sanding and finishing, that is shit work. Nail it and be done.

Hermosa
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
J
Crap, I forgot the point here.... you will find a lot of sites on the web for this, just do a Google search, you will find lots of good sites, and lots of them have step by step instructions for peeps who have never done it before. It's really not hard, after you get rolling, it goes fast.

OutCole'd
03-10-2004, 02:29 PM
J
Going with a real wood product is the way to go, but do not steer away from engineered prefinished. The product is really good, & stable. Here in Vegas, I like the engineered over a solid product due to the climate.
Remember, there is a difference between engineered, and laminate.
Pm me if you have any questions.