PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Harley guys....

cal-air
03-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Well, a question for everyone.............
Where's the best place to look for/find a used Harley? I've been browsing www.cycletrader.com..............is there anywhere else?

RiverToysJas
03-09-2004, 10:16 AM
EBAY..... ;)

WaterBox
03-09-2004, 10:34 AM
cal-air
Go to the bike shop's and watch the buliten boards. Also I have seen some Harleys at pawn shops before.

mickeyfinn
03-09-2004, 11:04 AM
I guess everyone by now knows the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
Which side the dirtbag sits on.....:D :D

GASHGAZER
03-09-2004, 11:11 AM
here's my ride for sale... 2001 Sporty 883
$7k obo... need a whipple for the boat :)
Let me know if anyone is interested...

Scream
03-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Why not get a real bike!
Valkyrie (http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/cruiser_standard/model.asp?ModelName=Valkyrie+Rune&ModelYear=2004&ModelId=NRX18DA4)
:cool:

SoCalOffshore
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Why not get a real bike!
Valkyrie (http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/cruiser_standard/model.asp?ModelName=Valkyrie+Rune&ModelYear=2004&ModelId=NRX18DA4)
I clicked the link and a harley did not come up, must have been a mistake. :D

Scream
03-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
I clicked the link and a harley did not come up, must have been a mistake. :D
C'mon now. I was going to buy a Road King Classic, was about to pull the trigger on one, when a friend of mine offered me his Valkyrie for next to nothing. He's swimming in money and just wanted someone to ride it, so I took the challenge.
It's the best bike. 1520 cc's Flat 6, tons of power to get my fat ass movin down the road. Smooth with little or no vibration...Just a beautiful bike. Now I'm a died in the wool Valkyrie lover, besides more of my Valk is manufactured here in the good ol US than the RK I was gonna buy.
Scream

1Shockwaveguy
03-09-2004, 04:47 PM
There are a couple of weekly mag's you can pick up at the local store. One's cycle trader which has a lot more local bikes than the online version and I can't think of the other mag but it had quite a few in it too.

HammerDown
03-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I was going to buy a Road King Classic, was about to pull the trigger on one, when a friend of mine offered me his Valkyrie for next to nothing.
Scream
But thats all a used Valkyrie is worth!
Personally I would have gone with the RoadKing...if I have to explain why...ya wouldn't understand ;)
PS. I had one,(awsome machine) and will have another... sold it for 4k more than I bought it for...I didn't buy it to sell...but this kid made me an offer I couldnt pass up.

Scream
03-09-2004, 05:16 PM
I understand about the Road King. I had a friend that bought one new, which was one of the many reasons I was getting a bike to begin with. I loved that bike. The fit and finish on a Harley has not been duplicated by any other manufacturer, but what got me was the price. He wanted me to buy if from him and I racked my brain about it for a good long time. I have never shyed away from spending money to get what I want, but the difference was almost 20 G's, so you can see why I made my decision.
I bought My 99 Valk w/ 7000 miles AND a 97 V4Magna 750 w/ 1000 miles both for $5000.00. I sold the Magna for $3500 to a friend (Blue Book was 4500) and savored the fact that I have never in my life walked into a deal like that, and probably never will again. Even if the bike sits in my garage for the rest of time infinitum I did ok.
I like riding it too.
Harley's are beautiful, but you pay for that beauty.

HammerDown
03-09-2004, 05:44 PM
I understand about the Road King.
Harley's are beautiful, but you pay for that beauty.
$$$$ true, BUT 9 out of 10 times you'll get that back at resale and or maybe a few extra $.
The bottom line is you like rideing (cool)...but I can tell from your post, everytime you mount the Valkyrie or pull up next to a HD...you'll be wishing you "pulled that trigger".
Bottom line...Ride Safe!;)

clean supreme
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
ride the real deal :D try bikes4sale.com :)

Kilrtoy
03-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Where's the best place to look for/find a used Harley?
First try the junk yard or the trash can.
If not there try the mechanics shop, cuz they are always broken if not at those two places.
TRY the harley shop.
Most people selling used harleys are under the belief that because they put a couple of pieces of chrome on it, that it is now worth 10K more than they paid.
You can get a new 04, with CHROME everywhere for less than a used one.