PDA

View Full Version : DishNet

Kindsvater Flat
03-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Whats up with losing VH1 and MTV. There was a hack in the screen saying they were going to take some channels away the last couple nights then the script would be blacked out. Anyone else notice this?

Havasu Cig
03-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Look at my post "Dish Network Sucks". I did not see your post.

FLOJO
03-09-2004, 09:04 PM
i lost mtv vh1 cbs i tried to call customer service they want me to call viacom. i just signed up for cable the hell with sat.

Dr. Eagle
03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
most people I know that have tried satellite have given up and gone to cable. Then there are those that love the dish. But they are certainly in the minority!:eek:

JetBoatRich
03-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by FLOJO
i lost mtv vh1 cbs i tried to call customer service they want me to call viacom. i just signed up for cable the hell with sat.
They are running a program in place of CBS here, on a loop with their side of teh story:mad:
VIACOM sure looks like the bad guy on this one:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
03-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
They are running a program in place of CBS here, on a loop with their side of teh story:mad:
VIACOM sure looks like the bad guy on this one:rolleyes:
They may be the bad guys, but those company (or government) (or Union) publicity departments are just as bad as politicians at the spin game... Problem is, you never know the REAL story...

JetBoatRich
03-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
They may be the bad guys, but those company (or government) (or Union) publicity departments are just as bad as politicians at the spin game... Problem is, you never know the REAL story...
It sucks, we have to suffer over their issues.
They both make so much money :mad:

Dr. Eagle
03-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
It sucks, we have to suffer over their issues.
They both make so much money :mad:
True...:mad:

MagicMtnDan
03-09-2004, 11:35 PM
http://www.nabanet.com/about_naba/Awards/DirecTV_black_logo.jpg

Salty Cracker
03-10-2004, 06:07 AM
At least BET is off fo the air!!!
I'll keep my dish! :D

jbtrailerjim
03-10-2004, 06:09 AM
I have Direct TV and have had no problems.

Essex502
03-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Satellite is great...you just have to pick the right folks - DirecTV! Dish sux and always has!

Ducatista
03-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Is there any word if DirectTV will be droping anything? They have a 4 room system deal going now that I was going to sign up for, droping Adelphia cable. I figured I would use one of the receivers for the Havasu Trailer, the rest for the house in Cali. Any down sides to switching to DirectTV from those of you that have switched? What about program times? I've heard that some feeds come in on east coast time......any input would be helpful as I am about to make a decision.

Essex502
03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Is there any word if DirectTV will be droping anything? They have a 4 room system deal going now that I was going to sign up for, droping Adelphia cable. I figured I would use one of the receivers for the Havasu Trailer, the rest for the house in Cali. Any down sides to switching to DirectTV from those of you that have switched? What about program times? I've heard that some feeds come in on east coast time......any input would be helpful as I am about to make a decision.
I drop cable TV years ago and haven't looked back. Our DirecTV works great - I have 7 receivers altogether and love it. Get a triple LNB dish so that in the future you can receiver HDTV if you haven't already decided to go that way.

Ducatista
03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Thats a good suggestion, I wasn't aware of that. So I should get triple LNB dish's(whatever that is) so I will be able to recieve HD TV? Is that available now? Should I be buying HD compatable receivers now that are different from the free ones? I'm new to this, I was planning on getting 3 dishs, 1 for the house, one for the Havasu trailer, and one for the RV. I was planning on using one of the four free receivers to swap between the trailer and RV, depending on what we are using....and having the other 3 receivers installed at the house. I do not have a HDTV at the house or the RV/trailer at this time.:confused: