PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sell carpet!

WetWillie
03-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I need to carpet the new house and thought I would ask here first before I go shopping.
Any suggestions?
Last time I went to Coles Carpets.
WW:confused:

Mrs Luvnlife
03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't sell carpet, but honestly, as crazy as it sounds....I recently went with Empire Carpet. They come to the house & bring samples....I didn't do any comparing in pricing as what they offered was VERY convenient for me and they did an excellent job AND offered next day installation! :D. Satisfied customer!! :D

Dr. Eagle
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
I had my house recarpeted and laminate floors put down last year. I got the work done by Lowes. They were very reasonable and did a good job... plus they helped me pick a more durable carpet. I have been pretty darn happy with the work.

j-rod
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
I love carpet.. Ahh good times !

Mrs Luvnlife
03-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
I love carpet.. Ahh good times !
LOL....that made me laugh!!! :D

j-rod
03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
LOL....that made me laugh!!! :D
I can't remember the Empire carpet gingle
but I love the cartoon!!

hot_diggity_dog
03-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by WetWillie
I need to carpet the new house and thought I would ask here first before I go shopping.
Any suggestions?
Last time I went to Coles Carpets.
WW:confused:
WTF:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Call me Bro! ;) :D
HDD:cool:

ROZ
03-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
WTF:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Call me Bro! ;) :D
HDD:cool:
Don't tell me, you know a guy? :D Does Mandelon know his guy is moonlighting? :D

ROZ
03-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
I don't sell carpet, but honestly, as crazy as it sounds....I recently went with Empire Carpet. They come to the house & bring samples....I didn't do any comparing in pricing as what they offered was VERY convenient for me and they did an excellent job AND offered next day installation! :D. Satisfied customer!! :D
I did the same thing :) AND they had it done 2 days before Thanksgiving! I did feel kinda bad for eating up most of his commission because he gave it to me for a very good price.. :frown: Then I got over it :D

Freak
03-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Get 100% Nylon stay away from PET. Polyester. It will not last as long.

HammerDown
03-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Interesting...I'm about to do new Carpet. I would do it again myself but good luck trying to find friends help move furniture:rolleyes: I never knew Empire was nation wide.
100% Nylon?

MsDrmr
03-10-2004, 08:41 AM
heres a switch,,,I need tile, anyone sell that?

Mandelon
03-10-2004, 08:54 AM
I actually happen to have a guy...
Mark Johnson (No relation to Dave) at Palomar Floorcoverings.
Office:858-578-8110
Cell: 619-252-1336
He's a boater. Skiboat, but still a boat. They have a place out at Hidden Shores. I've been buying stuff there for years. Good prices and good service. Tell him Richard from Spectrum sent you. :D
Not far from Scripps Ranch either, they're off Miramar road.

Freak
03-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Interesting...I'm about to do new Carpet. I would do it again myself but good luck trying to find friends help move furniture:rolleyes: I never knew Empire was nation wide.
100% Nylon?
Yep for example http://excelcarpet.com/ then click on the cut pile button on the right. Some are poly some are nylon. Poly is cheaper for them to make and the price point is better for them and maby a little cheaper for you but it will not hold up like Nylon will for you. Especially on stairs and I know some polys have a killer warranty but forget trying to get them to honor it.

Ivan Dan
03-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Bob Chapman (626) 964-9798 for carpet. As you guys may or may not know I'm a real estate agent and I refer a lot of business to this guy. Just tell him Dan Kaatz referred you and he will take care of you guys.
Hope this helps!