PDA

View Full Version : Kerry, not the sharpest tool?(warning political thread)

bigq
03-10-2004, 09:15 AM
CHICAGO (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry said Wednesday he will ask Americans earning more than $200,000 a year to pay the taxes they paid under President Clinton and pledged to retain the Bush tax cuts for the middle class and even add to them.
President Bush was visiting Ohio, where unemployment is stuck at 6.2 percent and where nearly 200,000 jobs were lost during the recession from 2001 through last March - nearly two-thirds in manufacturing. The national unemployment rate for February was 5.6 percent.
Bush was giving a speech on Americans' anxiety about jobs going overseas. And he was making a fresh push for his economic policies, criticized for months by the Democratic presidential contenders.
It was Bush's 15th trip to the state since taking office.
Just hours after a four-state sweep that moved him tantalizingly close to claiming the Democratic nomination, Kerry toured a mechanical contracting business and spoke via satellite to leaders of the AFL-CIO gathered in Bal Harbour, Fla., for their winter convention. He spoke from the shop floor, surrounded by about 50 workers.
"Under George Bush's policies, middle-class families are paying more. America's middle class can't afford a tax increase," Kerry told labor leaders. He accused the president of draining thousands of dollars from working families and practicing "the politics of blame."
"George Bush is running on the same old Republican tactics of fear - and they're already getting tired," he said. "It's clear that this president will fight like hell to keep his own job, but he won't lift a finger to help Americans keep theirs."
The Massachusetts senator won the labor federation's endorsement last month and hopes to use labor's organizational muscle and money to boost his campaign. While labor's share of the work force has declined over the years, union members are reliable voters, with 26 percent of those casting ballots in the 2000 election coming from union households.
Kerry, contending that President Bush's tax cuts for the rich have driven up costs for workers, said he will propose new middle-class tax credits to pay for health care and college tuition and establish a $50 billion fund to help states provide tax relief for state, local and property taxes for working families.
1. first off if you tax the people that create companies and jobs how is it going to help them if they need to pay more to the govenment? Wouldn't you want to give them money to run and expand the business. Oh I know thwy would be so greedy they would just pocket it, god rich Americans suck?
:rolleyes:
2. The bonehead contradicted himself within 4 paragraphs. He wants to raise the tax on people making more than 200k and keep the Bush tax cut for the middle class then two paragraphs later says the Bush tax cut is costing middle class, he even wants to increase the tax cuts, but won't that increase the Bush burden.:confused: :yuk:

mirvin
03-10-2004, 09:51 AM
THis guy scares the crap out of me:( He's wackier then big Teddy K:confused:
mirvin

carbonmarine
03-10-2004, 10:08 AM
.... I've been watching Teddy K for a few months since teh State of the Union speach in the papers, etc.. Hes such a communist...I tell ya teh truth ... I dont really think he belives half teh shit that comes outta his mouth ...
** What I really think he is doing is provoking & baiting the lone wolf loonatics out there in order to have that long standing Kennedy Tradition of taking a bullet in the kisser.... Like Oaklahoma bomber type individuals....
Rick32:cool:

BUSTI
03-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Kerry is so inconsistent that the Bush re-election team should have a field day running against this guy!

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Kerry just said that "the middle class can't afford a tax increase". But the he goes on to sau he's firmly against Bush's tax cuts? Last time I checked, reversing a tax cut WAS raising taxes. Don't get sucked into Democrat double talk, percentage wise the middle and lower classses got a bigger tax cut than the upper classes. And the unemployment number is THE SAME as it was during the Clinton glory years. Unfortunately, the employment numbers are the only thing the Dems have to cling to since the economy is booming now.

spectratoad
03-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I put a Kerry pic up in ***boatpics if someone can bring it over to this thread from there. I can't post pics on ***boat since it keeps me in the login loop. WTF?
:D

HavasuDreamin'
03-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Unfortunately, the employment numbers are the only thing the Dems have to cling to since the economy is booming now.
I am a Bush supporter, but I don't know about all this "booming economy crap." We sure haven't seen any of it in the midwest. If the economy was truly booming, the feds would have raised the rates by now.
HD :cool: