PDA

View Full Version : 21st Century Ins???

HandsOn
03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Looking at changing auto, boat and home Ins. from state farm to 21st century. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with this ins. co., especially with claims.

Mike67rs
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
I thought as of 2 years ago, 21st Century got out of the homeowners insurance business. I had them for years with decent rates until they stopped carrying the homeowners. If they are carrying it now, I would not go back to them for fear of being cancelled again.
I shopped Wawanesa General. Saved me about 35% on home and auto. Try them before you settle for any other company. Mike

Scream
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Had them for Auto. One month they lost my check (true story). I got nailed head on by a useless uninsured ass and had to make a claim. They decided then and there that my policy was cancelled. No warning, no call or letter or anything saying "looser, you didn't pay us". Had to confront them and they came up with "proof" that they sent me a letter, told me that my address coming up on a printout was proof enough in court, so take a hike.
I didn't like the sound of that, as you might imagine. I called the state Ins. Commish's office and started a complaint about them, which they didn't necessarily care about, then I called the BBB. I don't know what the BBB said but they were on the phone the next day kissin my ass and said if I brought them a check for the premium and dropped my complaint with the BBB they'd fix everything...
Right after they fixed my truck I dumped them. It's cheaper to go with a big insurer without the representation of an agent, but IMO the agent is worth thier weight in gold to keep you from getting stabbed in the back.

Outnumbered
03-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Mercury for auto, can't be beat. Allstate for home is pretty cheap.
21st Century will cancel you the first accident you have. My bro got a 502 7-8 years ago with Mercury and also an accident and he is still with them. No BS games.
OL

totenhosen
03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
I had them for auto. My extended family and I were with them for over 25 years. Use to have great service and untouchable prices. Things have certainly changed for the worse and I wouldn't send them a shit. Go to wawanessa!!!