PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a....

Ivan Dan
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
2004 1/2 Dodge Cummins HO yet???? What do you think of it?

Outnumbered
03-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Ivan Dan
I have a 2003 SO and its a nice truck. No HOs available in Cali in 2003 :frown: . With a Banks kit or DD kit I can fix that though;) . Check this link for all the info you need. Look under 3rd Generation:
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php

dirtman
03-10-2004, 07:49 PM
I got an HO and think it's great. Haven't towed anything yet, but from the specs and the power, I'd say I'm not gonna have any problems.

Mike67rs
03-11-2004, 09:09 AM
The 2004.5's are out right now. They have the 50 state legal 325HP/600 motors, which for now leads the top 3. I have a CA 235HP...Wish I woulda waited, but even my truck will tow anything I will ever pull. You cannot beat the reliability of the Cummins, It is what is built around it that you have to worry about. Dodge's weak link has always been its auto transmission. The 6 speed manual is bullet proof. The new 48RE auto has proven to be reliable for a few years now in the 47 state HO motor.
The Dodge fits in my garage even with the larger tires and the leveling kit. The Ford and Chevy 4 doors would not. You do give up a little in rear seat room and comfort with the Dodge, as it is not a true "crew cab." As the previous poster mentioned, check out dieseltruckresource as well as turbodieselregister for lots of info...Mike

Outnumbered
03-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Mike67rs
The 2004.5's are out right now. They have the 50 state legal 325HP/600 motors, which for now leads the top 3. I have a CA 235HP...Wish I woulda waited, but even my truck will tow anything I will ever pull. You cannot beat the reliability of the Cummins, It is what is built around it that you have to worry about. Dodge's weak link has always been its auto transmission. The 6 speed manual is bullet proof. The new 48RE auto has proven to be reliable for a few years now in the 47 state HO motor.
The Dodge fits in my garage even with the larger tires and the leveling kit. The Ford and Chevy 4 doors would not. You do give up a little in rear seat room and comfort with the Dodge, as it is not a true "crew cab." As the previous poster mentioned, check out dieseltruckresource as well as turbodieselregister for lots of info...Mike
True, the older Dodge autos had issues but I would not be quick to dismiss the 48RE as a reliable auto. STV_Keith (Dodge Guru) seems to think they will hold their own unless you get into big hp/torque numbers by upgrading the motor. I'm very happy with my last 2 trucks--both Dodges. I can't say that about the last 3 new Chevys I bought.
OL

MobyMan
03-18-2004, 07:02 AM
I bought the 04 3500 1 ton single a month ago. I went with the 6spd manual instead of the auto to insure I had a tranny as bullet proof as the motor. I've got 1450 miles on it so far, and I'm loving it.

PHX ATC
03-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Got an 01 and an 04. The 04's my wife's and an auto 48RE matic. They do awesomely towing the boat and horses.

Jordy
03-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ivan Dan
I thought it looked pretty nice in my mirrors as I ran away from him up the hill pulling twice the load. ;) :D

77charger
03-18-2004, 06:15 PM
My uncle bought one like 3 weeks ago he brags about it alot.He bought the standard diesel (or the previous ho)In CA.The 600 came out he went back to the dealer said he wanted the 600.Says it is a big difference between the twoSays its pretty quiet for a diesel.