PDA

View Full Version : Fabricators?

welk2party
03-10-2004, 02:08 PM
I am looking to do what some of you already have I am sure.
I have a deck boat that is in need of a dancing pole. I want to fabricate something that can use the attactment for the table. That way I can remove it when I want. Also, I would like to have the pole to be threaded in the middle so I can store it under the seats.
Suggestions, or other input? Anyone help out with this project?

superdave013
03-10-2004, 02:53 PM
talk to Party Cat. He has this one on his advantage
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48OP6.jpg

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Where do I get the custom pole decoration?:eek: :eek!:

welk2party
03-10-2004, 03:22 PM
The custom pole decorations are waiting for a pole in my particular case.
:D :cool: :cool: :cool:

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
What somebody needs to build is a telescoping stripper pole!!

Sandbar Junkies
03-10-2004, 05:10 PM
A stripper pole should be a option on every boat. I sent you a PM I think I could help.

coolchange
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I'd say an aluminum pole with a taper cut on it to fit the table receiver. Two piece with a sleeve that fits inside the other tube. Powder coat it but not black:eek: . But I dont think the table receiver could take much load.

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
How about "porta pole"? Use the table receiver with four bimini style straps that run out to all four corners of the boat from the top of the pole.

HighRoller
03-10-2004, 05:22 PM
And BTW, to which lovely young lady does the derriere pictured above belong to?

jlnorthrup122
03-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Highroller is the inovator with all the rite ideas!!
I would go with powder coated aluminum as for the breakdown center I would put a smaller tube in the middle of the break (welded to the bottom, bushing stock would be the way to go hear so you don't get any wobble at the seam) and run the ratchets straps from the top of the poll to key points to sabilize the pole and your weak table pocket shouldn't be an issue. then add lots of beer and good music asuming you have the mamas! Good luck:cool:

HOSS
03-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Attach to stringer or a very wide base. Stainless would be the way to go but aluminum would work and fill it with sand. Hell, you build it right and I`ll dance naked on it. With cactus in tow.:o

welk2party
03-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys. I never thought about the table mount not being strong enough. I was so blinded by ambition that I forgot about the practical. I was thinking of some type of hollow tube. I was thinking of steel with a threaded application in the middle. Filling it with sand is good idea. Table mount seems like a bad idea. Attactching it to a stringer? Where? I have none in the center of my boat.
I never got your PM Sandbar!
BTW, straps seem less than ideal.

OkieDave
03-11-2004, 01:09 PM
There's a couple of websites that sell the poles and hardware to put up a free standing pole. Platinum Stages, and Kegworks.