PDA

View Full Version : Ron's Billet Speaker Grills

Ron Burnett
03-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Give us a call (928)-680-1030 or e-mail us at ron@ronscustomdetail.com for all of your BILLET speaker cover and stereo faceplate housings.
We have 6 designs that can be powder coated to match your existing hardware in your boat.
Sizes: 6 1/2", 6X9", 10", and 12"

Scream
03-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Spam aint Spam without pics

Ivan Dan
03-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey Ron~
Check your e-mail. I need some pricing from you.
Thanks!
DAN

hd&boatrider
03-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Since I can't get any help from Wizard I called and left a message for Ron this AM. He called me back and will get back to me shortly with availibility. While I prefer the Edge series from Wizard I am seriously considering Rons because of service/availibility. If I go with Ron I will be going with the Classic grills.
I will post more later after Ron calls me back.

Ivan Dan
03-11-2004, 11:38 AM
I sent Wizard 2 e-mails over the last month and neither one have been returned. Ron replied to my e-mail within hours and also called to make sure I got his e-mail. Now thats what I call service.
Here is a pic of the flame grills he makes and they should look killer the new ride.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1267DSCN0105-med.jpg

hd&boatrider
03-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Just hung up from Ron. I placed an order with him and will have the grills sent directly to Wired For Sound for installation when they do my stereo. They will be the Classic and all will be powdercoated white for me.
Thanks Ron....I appreciate the service and quick response.
At this point I recommend you guys all forget about Wizard and use Ron.

OGShocker
03-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Just hung up from Ron. I placed an order with him and will have the grills sent directly to Wired For Sound for installation when they do my stereo. They will be the Classic and all will be powdercoated white for me.
Thanks Ron....I appreciate the service and quick response.
At this point I recommend you guys all forget about Wizard and use Ron.
Hey Shocker! Thanks for taking all that shit from RD the other day just to let me know about Ron's Bada$$ grills...
No problem! Any shit from RD is worth it as long as I can help a brother out:D
OGS

Keith E. Sayre
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I think we might ought to cut Wizard a little bit of slack. For those
of you who don't know Ken Johnson, they've had a huge obstacle
rear it's head in their personal family life this past month. Without getting into any details, I've known Ken and his son Jeremy for about 10 years and they're great boaters and great
business people. While they aren't able to return all your calls
and emails its not because they are flakes or don't care.
Ron's also does a great job and he may be the logical alternative
for now but let's not get too negative on Wizard. I sure wouldn't
want to walk in their shoes right now.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Ron---Just talked with Adam over at Wired For Sound....the tweeters on the component 6.5's are going to recess very nicely in the grill. They cut a hole in the middle and dropped them in. He said they are tightly fitting and look great :)
I know your logo is gone but you have a happy customer who knows where the grills came from.

Kachina26
03-23-2004, 11:08 AM
I like the look of the tribal design, but I'm not thrilled about having his name plastered on them:( So it's probably gonna be wizard for me.

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I like the look of the tribal design, but I'm not thrilled about having his name plastered on them:( So it's probably gonna be wizard for me.
I am sure if you tell him upfront he could remove the logo....or not add it before they are made that is.

Kachina26
03-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Told me it was extra w/out the logo.

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Told me it was extra w/out the logo.
maybe the logo's are already stamped on all his product

STGP
03-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Ron, were you displaying at this years LA boat show?

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by STGP
Ron, were you displaying at this years LA boat show?
Ron was there. He was on the opposite wall from Wizard. I think the opposite wall.

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
They probably have to change the program on the CNC machine slightly so he's charging you for that.. I'd hit him up about getting your boat name in them.. ;)
HD&Boatrider, what shit did I give you the other day? :D (as indicated in post above?)
RD
What are you talking about RD?

Rexone
03-23-2004, 03:15 PM
fyi we are now distributing Ron's grills. They'll be on the website shortly.
:)

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Ron has a big opportunity here and I am sure he is going to do his best. There is a big market out there

OGShocker
03-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Are they in the new Catalog?:D

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Ahh shit HD I'm sorry.. LOL I was skimming up above and saw a post from OGShocker and for some reason I got my wires crossed.. ;)
RD
No biggie....I looked back and read everything and I was like :confused:
Get back to your 10 year thread.....

Rev. Williams
03-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Good call !!!
After meeting with Ron at the LA Boat Show it was easy to see his stuff is waaaay better then Wizard. The next time you can see both dealers stuff check out how cheap the head unit cover is by Wizard. It has this BS little set screw to hold the cover in place. And if I heard correctly, Wizard splashed all Ron's stuff !! I'm all for more dealers in the market but to play right off his stuff is kinda chicken $hit !!
Anyway..... Ron, I left a message for you at your office. Give me a call.

ROZ
03-23-2004, 04:40 PM
I saw Ron's stuff at Wired for Sound yesterday and think it looks really good....
Tom has a SWEEEEEEET ride :cool:

hd&boatrider
03-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I saw Ron's stuff at Wired for Sound yesterday and think it looks really good....
Tom has a SWEEEEEEET ride :cool:
Thanks Chris...Adam called today and told me that hecut the grills and the tweeter recesses almost perfectly. It says it is a tight fit and looks great :)

ROZ
03-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Thanks Chris...Adam called today and told me that hecut the grills and the tweeter recesses almost perfectly. It says it is a tight fit and looks great :)
I can't wait to see the pics :cool: