PDA

View Full Version : Show me some love, got a few serios questions re: this weekened

payloan
03-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Allright here it is I was gonna try to become a Super Senior Member tonite by posting a new thread for all my questions but I am just so stinkin tired that I am gonna lay it all out right here.
Question #1: what is going on in Parker this weekened? We heard that the river is shut down from Bluewater to La Paz, True?
Question #2: Whatever is going on is it worth watching (we have a place at Dessert Rivierra) Question #3: Where would be the best place to launch at Havasu? which kind of leads into Question #4: How do you get there from Dessert Rivierra (Ca. side).It will be our first time to havasu (OUCH!) Question #5: It will be just her and I, where is gonna be best place for me to be that moron that has to back it in, run out, back the boat off, tie it up, pull the truck out and park it, while my chick is trying to tuck all that silicone into that bathing suit top that still are not paid for by the way (now you Know why I said OUCH!) so again Question #5: where is the best place thats "Moron Freindly" to launch?And last but not least Question #5: Has anyone heard anything about "Anchor Inn Storage" in Parker, is it worth the $450.00 for three months or is there something better in Parker, keep in mind we stay at Desert Riverra (Ca. side right next door to "Emerald Cove")Please help a brother in need. Thanks.

Mandelon
03-10-2004, 09:21 PM
I dont' think you can cross the dam with the trailer, so launching at Havasu Springs won't work unless you head south and go all the way around over the bridge at the south end of town......
That leaves Black Meadow Landing on the Cali side as far as I can tell. I have never launched there so I don't know what to tell you other than check this....I'm sure you will get more answers....
http://www.blackmeadowlanding.com

bordsmnj
03-10-2004, 09:21 PM
ok; its a ski race.
it's over at like two or something like that.
the river will fully open after the race
havasu springs is right over the dam from parker.
they have a launch ramp-provided:
the lady with the fresh silicone can pull the truck out of the way on signal while you park the boat and meet her in the lot. the key here is in her ability to simply pull the truck and empty trailer just far enough as to not block ramp traffic whilst you tie off. no biggie:D not sure exactly how far up from the blue water the racers are running or if the dam is open to through traffic yet.have a good weekend:cool:

rvrjunky
03-10-2004, 09:29 PM
The ski race is fun to watch for a while. Launch at the springs. It is just past the dam, on the 95, on the left hand side.

shadow
03-11-2004, 05:57 AM
Here's a # for a A great storage place. right off the highway at the enterance to big river 3 miles before the stop sing and mini mart at the bridge. convinent to pick up your boat on the way in and drop off on the way out.I had a 50fter there for a couple of years.cement floors,drive through with lights in the unit. I think i paid $110-$120 a month.never had any problems there.The owners son live there and keeps an eye on it.(Brett)760-665-8126 or 760-665-boat.
If you don't want to drive around the river you can launch at black meadow.Cal side.

welk2party
03-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Are we talking about the damn at the end of Havasu by the Springs. If so, I have driven across it with my boat a few times. did not know you could not.

Jordy
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Well, RD beat me to it, but where are the pictures of this new silicone as that will determine the validity and truthfulness of some of the answers you receive. ;) :D

shadow
03-11-2004, 09:35 AM
If your talking Parker Dam which is the only Dam around that area,Nobody has driven a boat across there since sept 11.They've got k-rails and rent a cops there.you can just barley get a daully truck through.Maybe your thinking the bridge past Havasu Springs going towards Havasu by the reserve.

welk2party
03-11-2004, 09:38 AM
That is the bridge I was talking about. Not Parker Dam.

Ducatista
03-11-2004, 09:40 AM
"It will be our first time to havasu (OUCH!) Question #5: It will be just her and I, where is gonna be best place for me to be that moron that has to back it in, run out, back the boat off, tie it up, pull the truck out and park it, while my chick is trying to tuck all that silicone into that bathing suit top that still are not paid for by the way (now you Know why I said OUCH!) so again Question #5: where is the best place thats "Moron Freindly" to launch?"
I got a good giggle from this one......:) Very funny. If Havasu Springs will let you launch without being a guest, thats the closest to Parker. Otherwise Cattail State Park is just up the 95 towards Havasu and that would work for you too. If you want to tow your rig up into Havasu to launch, either Winsor or the Marina on the Island will both work good considering your unique situation!

LAVEYSABRE575
03-11-2004, 10:01 AM
the springs is the best place for your situation, 5 bucks to launch, and if your lucky the chicken can pull your trailer straight up the launch pad without any 45 degree turns and park it.. youll be just fine do it to it...derek

boatnam2
03-11-2004, 12:40 PM
hey payloan,all my buddies live in desert rivera.do you know dewayne,greg,scott or percy.i live straight across the river from you.

payloan
03-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
To the best of my knowledge.. but keep in mind I don't stay on the Ca side in Parker.
1 & 2 It's a ski race. It's definately worth watching if your a fan, but unless your equipped with a crew, alot of beer and some company for your gal she's gonna get bored in a hurry.
3. I think the best place to launch for you in Havasu would be Havasu Springs or possibly cat tail cove I think it's called?
4. I'm pretty sure the damn is closed to all trailers after 9/11. I'm not sure if you can head into Havasu do north on the california side. My advice would be to go the extra 25 minutes out of your way and travel south across the bridge through town and then north.
5. Don't know anything about anchor storage but 450 for 3 months doesn't sound to terrible of a price. ;)
Now questions for you..
1. When can we expect to see a picture of the better 1/2 with the new additions?
2. What kind of boat do you have?
3. How long have you been going to Parker?
RD

payloan
03-11-2004, 08:48 PM
The "Sili Twins" (there so FUNny) will be taking there first pictures this weekened shes a little weiry of me exposing them to the fellas but I told her to do it for the "team" she's agreed (with little resistance) I think she thinks that I might loose a little respect for her........ RESPECT..... shit she gave it up on the first night ,,,O.K. the second night. I was the first one that she had ever done that with sooo sooon. Yeah Right!
#2 I've got a DANA 23' and love it
#3 Heres the low down, It's actually her dads place but since she's "Daddys Lil Girl" it's her place and since she's runnin around with a drunk like me ...welllllll.....then I guess it makes it "OUR PLACE" get the picture. Soooooooooo hell your all invited!

Jordy
03-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by payloan
Soooooooooo hell your all invited!
Be careful what you wish for. ;)
Now about those pictures so we know what to look for... :D

payloan
03-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
hey payloan,all my buddies live in desert rivera.do you know dewayne,greg,scott or percy.i live straight across the river from you.

payloan
03-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
hey payloan,all my buddies live in desert rivera.do you know dewayne,greg,scott or percy.i live straight across the river from yo
u.
Actually Boatnam I'm really bad with names but if they have a can welded to there hand then I've probably come across them. I didn't stay there at all last year , me and the In-Laws were at odds last year so I was staying at the Bluewater whenever I went. Pheewwww one summer of that $$$$$$$$ along with the headache of trying to reserve for certain weekends was enough for me to make mends (of course only until I get my own place. There actually good people I'm just alot of stubborn at times.) The year prior to that I was building my boat and "the wifey" was pregnant. The year prior to that guess what "the wifey" was pregnant ( I dont let that shit rest bro ) we were still going but we were "Lake Lice" Yup we were, until my daughter had a really bad accident and almost lost her life luckily she came out with only 8 stitches WE WERE DAMN LUCKY! So back to your ? no I guess I don't know them, not yet at least.
Payloan

payloan
03-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Be careful what you wish for. ;)
Now about those pictures so we know what to look for... :D
The only careful wish I have is when I wake up in the morning,
she's not weighing more than I am!

MudPumper
03-11-2004, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by payloan
[B]The "Sili Twins" (there so FUNny) will be taking there first pictures this weekened shes a little weiry of me exposing them to the fellas but I told her to do it for the "team" she's agreed (with little resistance)
Don't worry bro, as soon as she settles in to those bad boyz she'll be all show on her own. My ex girl got a pair (no I didn't pay for them:) ) and within a few weeks all she would wear was boobie shirts. Girls with new tits is like a dude with a new car, you just gotta show it off!!!!

boatnam2
03-11-2004, 11:09 PM
oh you will know them when you see guys riding naked on motorcycles,massive bon fires throwing whole bricks of sky rockets in the fire,potato launchers that shoot almost all the way across the river,dune buggies,quads.they are hard to miss.first 2 trailers next to the boat ramp abnd 2 trailers in the back 3 or 4th one down.