PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid this Sunday?

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Is anyone going to be at Pyramid this Sunday? I'm heading out to Havasu next weekend for Spring Break so I wanted to get a few hours in behind the wheel before I made my Havazoo debut. I'll be there early...............

Kilrtoy
03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
It is closed, You will need to go to Castaic

El Chingon
03-11-2004, 09:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken Lake Perris is open.:D

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Piru is closer. Low but useable.

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
It is closed, You will need to go to Castaic
What's up with Pyramid?
:confused:

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by FRANK THE TANK
What's up with Pyramid?
:confused: $$$$$$$$$$ Problems. Should be open in May.

FRANK THE TANK
Originally posted by El Chingon
What's up Steve!!!!!!!!!!

dicudmore
I believe the organization running the park "forgot" to pay some taxes.
Last I heard was closed at least until memorial wkd

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Well good thing I asked. I was going to run over there like a dumb sh*t.... Where the heck is Piru? Do they have a speed limit and mean cops that stare at you if you go faster than 35 miles an hour?

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Take the 126 west from the 5 heading to fillmore. Look for a sign about 5 miles down the road on your right. Follow sign. Enjoy. Don't expect to much!:D

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Take the 126 west from the 5 heading to fillmore. Look for a sign about 5 miles down the road on your right. Follow sign. Enjoy. Don't expect to much!:D
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and keep my expectations low..............

dicudmore
03-11-2004, 09:46 PM
thats for sure. not much water, not much parking lot, not much in the way of ramp lanes. not much discount at the gate ($15, wtf?)

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Sounds like you have the right idea EC......

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
thats for sure. not much water, not much parking lot, not much in the way of ramp lanes. not much discount at the gate ($15, wtf?) Not to mention Gangbangers in outboard alumi's causing trouble.:mad:

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Not to mention Gangbangers in outboard alumi's causing trouble.:mad:
WOW, that sounds like fun. :(

BOBALOO
03-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Hey Frank , the lake is not much to look at but I'm goin to Elsinore on sunday. No speed limit, can drink beer ,has a cove named after a coveted beverage COORS. What else do you want, I hope it is not to swim,water is kinda green.
Anyone else need a shakedown run?

BOBALOO
03-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Alhambra huh, hey neighbor.:D

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BOBALOO
Hey Frank , the lake is not much to look at but I'm goin to Elsinore on sunday. No speed limit, can drink beer ,has a cove named after a coveted beverage COORS. What else do you want, I hope it is not to swim,water is kinda green.
Anyone else need a shakedown run?
Dude that water at Lake SmellSomeMore scares the crap out of me. It's a little too green for my tastes but I guess you have to do what you have to do. I'm thinking Peris is a better bet.

BOBALOO
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
I like to refer to it as The GREEN MILE

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 10:23 PM
No doubt..........

El Chingon
03-11-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm thinking Peris is a better bet.
just be careful with the floating diapers, there not very good to impellers.:yuk:
tried to pm you..wasn't working. Dan picked up your launch pass tonite.

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 10:29 PM
just be careful with the floating diapers, there not very good to impellers.:yuk:
tried to pm you..wasn't working. Dan picked up your launch pass tonite.
I just sent you something...........Check your PM.

BOBALOO
03-11-2004, 10:29 PM
I am game for whatever or wherever, Lets get something goin for sunday. Last time at Perris I got in free cuz there was nobody at the gate. My boat is slow so the speed thing doesn't matter too much. Hell I am happy to go to Puddingstone sometimes.

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 10:32 PM
I went to Puddingston about two weeks ago and it was a mad house. I was the only one there and then the sun came out and the whole San Gabriel Valley showed up. It was terrible trying to get the boat out of the water. I'm thinking Peris is the spot. I'll see what happens and when I get my boat back. I'm having the hydralic trim pumps rebuilt right now. It should be ready tomorrow morning though..........

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and keep my expectations low.............. Hey Frank, Here are a couple of pics from piru last year (fall). Not me in the pix, It's MandMVG. He's on the Sandbar tonight.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/338185scan1-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/338185scan2-med.jpg

FRANK THE TANK
03-11-2004, 10:35 PM
That doen't look too bad. As long a the steel boat guys don't get me.

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 10:51 PM
That doen't look too bad. As long a the steel boat guys don't get me. Last Summer a boatload of them attempted to commandeer my friends 21' Hallett. My buddy and his family are water skiing, and during the time that they were recovering their son out of the lake after his ski run, the Alumi Boyz just about ram themselves into the Hallett hull while asking my buddy "if he needed any help". Six or seven gangbangers in the skiff, and he's asking my friend if HE needs help? So my friend as politely as he can without reaching for his flair gun tells them NO! And "GET THE **** AWAY FROM MY BOAT MUTHA****ERS!!!!!!!!!" It worked! The bangers left scared and my friend finished his trip. These gangbangers are nothing but pussys with and without their friends.:cool:

Kilrtoy
03-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Frank your boat is not fast enough to worry about castaic.
When you see the little black and white boat slow down a little.
I past them up at 45, they were doing 35, they looked and I kept on driving.
It is not as bad as everyone makes it sound.

LASERRAY
03-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Frank your boat is not fast enough to worry about castaic.
When you see the little black and white boat slow down a little.
I past them up at 45, they were doing 35, they looked and I kept on driving.
It is not as bad as everyone makes it sound. So I guess you'll pay his ticket!:D

TrojanDan
03-11-2004, 11:43 PM
WTF??

TrojanDan
03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Frank,
Change of plans as of 1600 hours today. I'm leaving for Havasu tomorrow after work (about 4pm ish). I'll get some boat stuff done then go fart around on the lake on Sat. I know you corporate boys work late on Fridays so if you're upto it, wake your ass up very early on Saturday and tow your boat out there. I'll even let you park it in my garage for the week so it's already there for the following week. Sorry but you'll have to keep your little pain in the ass nephew at home. :D
Later. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
03-12-2004, 12:06 AM
What about Castay-Ick? Is it open?

FRANK THE TANK
03-12-2004, 08:25 AM
WTF.....Dan check your work email.

Kilrtoy
03-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Pay his ticket. Sure and ill pay yours with my new lotto winnings,
I hope a scratcher will cover it.
I have been boating there for 15 years and have yet to have a problem.....