PDA

View Full Version : Home Owners Association Meeting...

Daryll Anderson
03-12-2004, 01:00 AM
So, I go to my first Home Owners Association Meeting (believe it or not, our trailer park has an association). I'm a first time home owner and wanted to check out why I pay $70/mo.
Well, these things obviously look like major bitch sessions! Holy Shit are there some angry people out there!! The funniest part was the angriest, maddest dude was all pissed off about some common area fences that look pretty bad. Well it is the home owners responisiblity (the homes which the fences ran along their property lines) to maintain them. I agree, they look bad, but the association is having a tough time getting people to keep up. Well this guy went on and on and on and on - and that he wanted the association to take care of it. The association said they would need to amend the cc&r's and raise the fees to cover the cost, which was previously voted down. This guy continued to go on, and on, and on, and insisted that he was willing to pay more in fees. Here is the funniest part - there was a item that needed to be voted on, and this gentleman was not allowed to vote.....because he was 6 months behind on his dues!!! I nearly spit out my rootbeer and started cracking up!!! He is willing to pay more!?!?!? More than nothing?
I think next time I take a lawn chair and a case of silvers! This is almost better than Site 6 on Labor Day Weekend!!!!

Hotcrusader76
03-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Gotta love CC&Rs...
I got a five penalties total at my condo...
1. Garden hose still connected to facet
2. Truck parked along my condo overnight (ok well there were no spots to park a lifted F-350
3. Truck parked with boat along my condo overnight
4. Dog barking from inside condo. Must remove dog. Funny thing is I don't own a dog. I have two quiet cats:D
5. Boat parked in assigned parking overnight.
Long story short....I sold and moved on.:D

repo man
03-12-2004, 03:12 AM
what's the use owning a home if somebody is still gonna ride your ass worse than any landlord would ever dream of.:mad:

Beav
03-12-2004, 04:05 AM
We have an Association at our condo complex in Havasu. We also have a loud mouth D-HEAD who shows to the meetings who promises to donate all the shit the association needs but never comes thru! Next meeting our crew is gonna tell the guy to put up or shut the F up!

v-drive
03-12-2004, 06:21 AM
Associations have there place, but the power hungry morons that run them don't. They play favorites and pick on people that call them on it. They complained once that I was extending the walkway at the side of my house to the sidewalk,an eyesore they said. My wife and I walked our neighborhood and took pictures of the real eyesores then went to the monthly meeting and asked why these people weren't made to clean it up. It was agreed that the walkway would be more appealing than the mess that most people had allowed this area to become. You can beat them and it is really enjoyable when you do. :D v-drive

welk2party
03-12-2004, 07:35 AM
I hate associations as well. But, it is increasingly harder to find neighborhoods without them in socal.:rolleyes:

Lightning
03-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Association can be good and bad, depending on who is in there. Most of the poeple on the boards volunteer their time to hear people bitch about other people and then hear people complain about the way people bitch. If you belong to an HOA and don't like the way things are run, hold a position on the board and change things.

totenhosen
03-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Check out this link and you'll read about some real serious issues people are having.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/09/pf/yourhome/homeownersassociation/index.htm