PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

boxscore
03-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Where do I go in Havasu to install XM in my boat. Simple install, the deck is "xm ready", just need a clean antenna install I suppose. Thanks

ROZ
03-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by boxscore
Where do I go in Havasu to install XM in my boat. Simple install, the deck is "xm ready", just need a clean antenna install I suppose. Thanks
Unless you happen to have an 04 deck by Pioneer or Alpine with built in XM, you're going to have to get the antenna and an XM receiver...They'll probably charge you around 25 to mount the antenna and around 45 for the receiver... Depending on the brand of stereo you have the components will run you right around 300 for the gear... Hopefully less...
Not trying to ruin your night by givin the approx cost.. I just want you to know ahead of time that it's more than just an antenna install...
One more thing.. If it's a Sony be prepared to hear that they might not have the receiver in stock.. As one of the other members has told me, there was a run on them... Appatenylt they're like gold until a new receiver is introduced...
I'd call ahead of time.....
The shops most spoken of out there are Sound Bank (see Ruben) on Mcullugh(sp), Car toyz( don't know location), and Ron's custom detail...
Hope this helps...

boxscore
03-13-2004, 08:15 AM
thx Roz... sounds like I'd better do a little more due diligence since I've got a Sony deck. So the receiver isn't built in to the deck, eh?....damn. Lemme know if you have the hardware I might need. I give you a credit card and perhaps you can ship the gear?...thx again

LAVEYSABRE575
03-13-2004, 08:56 AM
boxscore i have an extra xm 1 sony receiver i searched high and low three different states and the internet , there was none..pm me if your interested all you need then is an antenna you can get then anywhere im sure roz can help you...derek

boxscore
03-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Ck your PM's. thanks!