PDA

View Full Version : DVD player for truck?

Jungle Boy
03-13-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm thinking about getting one for the truck. Who's got them and what is a good brand to get?? Is indash the way to go?

mickeyfinn
03-13-2004, 11:51 AM
If you are not looking for one to permanently mount phillips has a real nice one for reasonable money. The power input is a standard 12 v power and it is a slot loader so no hassling with a tray loader while on the road. I have one in our high top van and it has NEVER skipped. Doesn't matter what kind of roads you are on. Comes with a full function remote. If you want to check it out click here (http://att.com.com/Philips_DVD_580M___DVD_player/4014-6473_9-30680695.html?tag=pl&q=)

Kindsvater Flat
03-13-2004, 01:10 PM
We have both a vcr and dvd in the expedition. Both are factory installed. Nephew has Alpine dvd indash with multiple monitors and a dvd changer. Its awsome. No problems

JAM
03-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I too have a portable. progressive scan DVD player, rather than a permenantly installed unit. Mine's a 7" Toshiba which runs on the 12v cig adapter, 110v AC, or rechargable battery. Ports for two headphones too. I think I paid about $550 for mine, but watch out for the cheapy, no-name units. Just remember, "you get what you pay for".
The benefit of the portable is that I can use it in any car, the boat, house, hotel, etc.
It sure makes those trips to the river with the kids much quieter!

SLO POKE
03-13-2004, 01:18 PM
ASK ROZ he will hook you up!

jm2drvr
03-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I bought the whole package with the monitors already installed in the headrests from good guys...$1700 with a 5 year warranty. Audiovox is the brand, no problems so far. Came with the wireless headphones, and it also plays over the speakers. Alpine definately has a better head unit, but will run a lot more $$$