PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old and in with the new

hd&boatrider
03-14-2004, 08:37 AM
OUT WITH THE OLD
Well, over the past week my 2001 F-150 Lariet that is in the avatar and my 99 Commander 2300LX have been picked up and taken to new homes. Kind of sad to see them go as they have been very good to me. Many good times and memories as I watched them drive away. They both went to good homes and will be enjoyed by the new owners. The new owners are up in Monterey County and will be using the boat at Nacieminto.
IN WITH THE NEW
The new Silverado 2500 and the Shockwave Tremor 25 will start the new memories hopefully in two weekends from now. I can't wait to get her wet!
Sounds like I am talking about family members....lol It is kind of sad to see your well taken care of toys taken away though.
NEXT........haha

cc322
03-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Cograts on all the new toys . We saw your boat at the shop this last weekend ,very nice. One question you sold your ford to go to a chebby???? lol. Just kidding, I wonder if my expedition will handle the new 24 lavey ok? if not might have to look at a f-250 crew. Maybe we can store it out thier this year, makes the drive alot less stressful,anyhow goodluck.

hd&boatrider
03-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Yes, the Ford for the Chevy....To tell you the truth that Ford feels much more solid than the Chevy. Oh well, it is a done deal so WTF! I am pretty sure that Expedition should be able to handle the Lavey but you might want to post something for others that might own one. The board is pretty good for that kind of information. Storing out at the river is a VERY good idea. It will get you to the river quicker plus cut down on the wear/tear of the boat.
Originally posted by cc322
Cograts on all the new toys . We saw your boat at the shop this last weekend ,very nice. One question you sold your ford to go to a chebby???? lol. Just kidding, I wonder if my expedition will handle the new 24 lavey ok? if not might have to look at a f-250 crew. Maybe we can store it out thier this year, makes the drive alot less stressful,anyhow goodluck.

Ivan Dan
03-14-2004, 10:38 AM
cc332~ What motor do you have in your Expedition? 2wd or 4wd? I have a 5.4 4wd Expedition and I have towed my new Magic around new problem. My chick has a lifted F-150 Supercrew 5.4 on 35's and that towes it good too. But making the trip back and forth worth every other weekend would be a chore though and I probably wouldn't recommend it if at all possible. The Expedition actually seems to tow the boat better than the truck if you can believe that.
DAN

cc322
03-14-2004, 11:42 AM
I have the 5.4 tow package , but it is lifted with 33's use to have 35's but imo took to much lowend away.When I had my other boat 21'r I replaced the rancho shocks with bilstien's and that seemed to help alot, oh well we will see.

cruser
03-14-2004, 11:53 AM
I have a 98 Expedition and a 2000 F150. the F150 has more power and can pull my 5500lb boat/trailer easier than but the EXP with Air Ride suspension handles the weight better and is more comfortable. I will most likely be trading the Exp in on a new one in a year or so. If I get rid of the F150, it will be replaced with an 05/06 Mustang.
cruzer

jbtrailerjim
03-14-2004, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Sounds like I am talking about family members....lol It is kind of sad to see your well taken care of toys taken away though.
I know how ya feel. When I watched the new owner drive off with my old Essex a few week's ago; I was kinda bummed too. But on the other hand; I was happy when he handed me that cash for the boat.:cool:
Congrat's on the new Shockwave.:)

welk2party
03-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Congrats on the new boat.