PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard racks

4day!!
03-15-2004, 09:41 AM
does anyone know of a wakeboard rack that can be mounted somewhere other than a tower or pylon. (since i dont have either)

Flying Tiger
03-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Try:
www.overtons.com
and then try a Yahoo search.

Lightning
03-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I have a rack that is supposed to be used for a tower that I modified to fit onto my swim step (teak swim step). I can post a photo in a couple of days if you would like.

4day!!
03-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
I have a rack that is supposed to be used for a tower that I modified to fit onto my swim step (teak swim step). I can post a photo in a couple of days if you would like.
please do. That would be great.

Outnumbered
03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Since big brother deleted my post here it is again:
www.nice-rack.com
OL

phebus
03-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Unless those could be mounted high, (like a tower as their designed), they look very dangerous. I would hate to be impaled on them. :eek:

4day!!
03-16-2004, 08:47 PM
That's what i was thi nking. I thought of mounting on the bow rail, and thought , whagt if one comes loose. Yikes

Outnumbered
03-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm not into the wakeboard boat thing. Just thought they had a catchy name and a cool looking product. I'm not familiar with the quality or service.
OL

Mandelon
03-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Make em mount on a rail somewheres. RD's new business?

Lightning
03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
I think the board would be way to heavy for the bow raill. I took a tower rack, made a plate for it to bolt into and mouted it on my swim step. It's nice because it keeps the board out of the way and provides more room in the boat. The rack has a pull pin, so when I want to remove it from the swim step I can. I'll get the photos of it up this weekend.

4day!!
03-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
I think the board would be way to heavy for the bow raill. I took a tower rack, made a plate for it to bolt into and mouted it on my swim step. It's nice because it keeps the board out of the way and provides more room in the boat. The rack has a pull pin, so when I want to remove it from the swim step I can. I'll get the photos of it up this weekend.
Please post some pics. That would be great. Thanks.