PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE * A Team Fight For Faith*

rvrtoy
03-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Hot boat...would you please place this as a sticky for a while? Thank you.
A fellow ***boater sure could use every bodies help in this situation.
As most of you have been aware on November 18th of last year my wife and I were blessed with a beautiful new baby girl. "Faith Nicole" A few days after her arrival we learned that Faith was in need of surgery. After what seemed like an eternity Faith was finally allowed to come home nearly 2 weeks later. On December 3rd we learned that Faith was born with a genetic disease calle Cystic Fibrosis (CF). This condition is what caused her initial problems that required surgery.
CF is a life shorteningdisease that affects approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States today. There are about 2500 children born every year with CF.
In doing research about CF my wife came across a great organization called the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF). This organization is the industry leader in research for CF, and the search for a cure. Faith is currently a patient at one of thier clinics located at Childrens Hospital here in San Diego that is funded by the CFF. If it wasn't for them, we may not have our little girl today. Her doctors have told us that if Faith had been born 25 years ago, she may not have lived to see her teen years. But today, through the inovative research being conducted by the dedicated doctors and scientists at the CFF, the medianlife expectancy has increased to a record 32 years. This is all wonderful news however, as a father it is not good enough for me.
My wife and I have made it our personal mission to help fund this research. Quite simply, the more money we raise, the sooner we can expect a cure for this disease. Innovative research is very costly, yet crutial, if we are going to save the lives of those who are affected by this disease.
The only thing that stands in the way of finding a cure for this disease is additional funds to support CF research. On May 15th my members of my family are going to take part in GREAT STRIDES: Taking steps to cure Cystic Fibrosis. This is our way of helping fight for Faith and her battle with CF. I am asking you to help fund our efforts and the research that is so critical to help save the lives of my daughter, and so many others that suffer from CF by sponsering us in this walk for a cure.
I am posting this letter here because of all the wonderful support you gave and continue to give my family in our times of need as well as the good times. I am asking everyone who reads this to consider making a fully tax deductable donation to make CF stand for Cure Foundation.:D My goal is to raise $25,000.00 by May 13th 2004. I know the power of a lot of people doing a little bit!! No donation is too small. Over 90% of every dollar donated to the CFF goes directly to research. Your dollar will go where it is needed most.
Thank you all for being a part of my life, for supporting me and my family throught these difficult few months with your prayers and good wishes. I am trustin that God wiil be glorified throught the CFF in finding a cure that heals my little girl.
Blessing to you and your family.
Steve and Anja Khoma
the rvrtoy family
__________________________________________________ __
Your information
First Name
Last Name
mailing address
city
state
phone #
amount of donation $
method of payment
You can send your donations to:
9850 Settle Ct
Santee, CA 92071
c/o Fight for Faith
make checks payable to: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Outnumbered
03-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Count me in Steve. I will shoot ya a $100.
Hope all is well with little Faith.
John
AKA OL

summerlove
03-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm in for $200. $100 from me and $100 from my wife's company's corporate match program. I'll pm you for more info.

Outnumbered
03-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
I'm in for $200. $100 from me and $100 from my wife's company's corporate match program. I'll pm you for more info.
See Summerlove, even us conservative folks have a little compassion.:D
Very cool of you to step it up a notch. I'm sure we can pull together and hit the $25k.
OL

summerlove
03-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
See Summerlove, even us conservative folks have a little compassion.:D
Very cool of you to step it up a notch. I'm sure we can pull together and hit the $25k.
OL
I have never doubted the compassion of boaters. We are a breed unlike any other, and when the call to action is made - we are there to support and help a fellow boater out. Especially when it is for a child!!!
Now, Old Lavey - I think a challenge is in order! I think the members of this board can and will step it up! Let's all try and raise a combined total of $10K. With that - I'll increase my contribution from $200 overall to $300!
Can ***boat match whatever the members of this board raise? Come on HB - step it up!!!!
One more thing - the CFF is a 501(c)3 corporation so any contribution is fully tax deductible.

rvrtoy
03-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks Summer and OL!
Summer, i faxed you over the information you requested.
Steve

Outnumbered
03-16-2004, 06:28 PM
I have never doubted the compassion of boaters. We are a breed unlike any other, and when the call to action is made - we are there to support and help a fellow boater out. Especially when it is for a child!!!
Now, Old Lavey - I think a challenge is in order! I think the members of this board can and will step it up! Let's all try and raise a combined total of $10K. With that - I'll increase my contribution from $200 overall to $300!
Can ***boat match whatever the members of this board raise? Come on HB - step it up!!!!
One more thing - the CFF is a 501(c)3 corporation so any contribution is fully tax deductible.
Summer, you know I was just kidding. :) I hope to see this thread grow large. Lets see some more donations for the kids.
OL

Outnumbered
03-16-2004, 06:29 PM
What a doll!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=621195

Jungle Boy
03-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Good luck with your efforts. That's a great thing you are doing. Happy to hear that you guys are all doing good.

THOR
03-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Steve,
Those dimples are priceless. I am in. I am getting a check as we speak.
take care brother.

Scream
03-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Good luck rvrtoy's, I'm in...
Gotta keep this one on top

JetBoatRich
03-17-2004, 05:26 AM
Just wrote a check, good to hear she is doing ok.
She sure is cute.

Garrddogg
03-17-2004, 06:09 AM
I'm in for $ 100 do we tie it to you and your walk or just send to the info above?(let me know check is ready to go)
Gary.

rvrtoy
03-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys for your support. Every dollar helps.
Kachina 26 Force, you can make your check out to :Cystic Fybrosis Foundation and mail it to my mail box at 9850 Settle Ct, Santee, Ca 92071 with "Fight for Faith" in the memo box. I will be turning all funds in at one time.
Thanks again!
Steve

summerlove
03-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Summer, you know I was just kidding.OL
I didn't take it any other way! :) :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Tammy Cochran, a country western singer, had two brothers with Cystic Fibrosis. She wrote a beautiful song in their memory and donates the proceeds to the CFF. Here's a link to the song
Angels in Waiting (http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/pattycarter/AngelsInWaiting.html)
Good luck with your goal. I think it would be very cool if HB would match our donations, perhaps up to a certain amount.
Angie

rvrtoy
03-17-2004, 10:48 AM
:D BUMP:D

SchellSchock
03-17-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm in $100.00 check goin' out today!:)

OGShocker
03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
We are in.
We need to get HB to kick in on this deal. But we are having trouble getting them to make the thread a STICKY!!!!!

Garrddogg
03-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Went out this morning standard mail, (she's a cutie )

OGShocker
03-17-2004, 05:08 PM
;)

THOR
03-17-2004, 08:43 PM
;)

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 05:37 AM
Kaaaaaa BUMP!

Garrddogg
03-18-2004, 06:56 AM
BuMP

beached 1
03-18-2004, 07:02 AM
What a little sweetheart!!
Check's comming from the beached1's

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 07:29 AM
You will have a $ 500.00 check coming from the Shockers and we got Dana Boats to kick in as well.
OK Boat Builders, where are your checks?
Those of you (customers) who have pull with these guys (the builders) that take you money should be able to call them and ask them to STEP UP!

HARDIN18
03-18-2004, 08:55 AM
bump

rvrtoy
03-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Thank you to everyone who has made these most generous donations. Every dollar is GREATLY appreciated.
I will 2nd OGSHOCKERS request and I challenge all the boat builders and dealers to to match the contributions of Ultra boats and Orion boats of $1000.00 each. On second thought, lets not limit this to builders and dealers, how about any business owners who frequent these boards. Lets see how close to the $25,000.00 goal we can get.
I will also challenge ***boat (summerlove's idea) to match every dollar raised by the people who buy the publication (Hot Boat) and by those who frequent thier forums. What do you say ***boat?
Just a reminder: EVERY DOLLAR DONATED IS 100% TAX DEDUCTABLE!!
*****boat...will you please make ths thread a sticky**

summerlove
03-18-2004, 09:51 AM
I just read the latest on this and I got goose bumbs! Way to go....RVRTOY, I'll be sending the check out this weekend along witht he matching form from my wife's work. You'll need to have CFF fill it in and send it back, all instructions to be included when you get our check.
Wow - what a response!
Hey ***boat - STICKY THIS!!!!

GrapeApe
03-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Is Hot Boat ever gonna keep this as a sticky???? Steve, I forwarded your letter to all my friends in the Mortgage Business. Hopefully you will see there genorisity(sp).. My check will be in the mail..
*** Grape Ape ***

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey ***boat - STICKY THIS!!!!
I can not believe I am agreeing with a lefty but, some lines should be crossed ;)
COME ON!!!
I am calling on RexOne, Hammerdown, Havasu Hangin' and ***boat himself ot step up and Sticky this thread! !:confused: :confused:

rvrtoy
03-18-2004, 02:33 PM
:D BUMP :D

THOR
03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
bump

Outnumbered
03-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Great news Steve. I mailed your check today. PM me to let me know you got it.
:)
OL

OGShocker
03-18-2004, 11:15 PM
rvrtoy;
The check has been sent and hot boat made this thread a sticky.
Not bad for a day in the jungle.
Thank you Hot Boat Forums!
Now will you kick in with some cash?;)

rvrtoy
03-19-2004, 08:52 AM
***boat...Thank you for making this thread a sticky.:D

rvrtoy
03-19-2004, 04:48 PM
:( WOW a sticky all day long and NO more responces:(
Thats alright though. We are, by my best estimations, $3100.00 closer to our goal.
Thank you to all who have donanted ... SO FAR:D
rvrtoy and family

Outnumbered
03-19-2004, 07:08 PM
If a guy sportin' a 1987 boat can pitch in $100 I'm sure you guys with the 2000+ 25 footers can afford $100:rolleyes:
Even $10 will help.
OL

Mr.Havasu
03-20-2004, 07:16 AM
We just had our first beautiful grandchild. We're in!
The Hot Boat community has really supported John and I rather it be with preyers when I was going through beast cancer or with business for our detail company. I can't sit here and read this and not be promted to contribute.
Thanks Hot Boat for making it a sticky, I might not of seen it otherwise.
I challenge any member with a precious new addition to there family this last year to do the same.
Michele & John...$100.00 on it's way!

GrapeApe
03-20-2004, 10:01 AM
I copied Steve's Original Post and emailed it to my friends that are in the same Business as me.. I have received an overwhelming response to the email. We could all multiply our efforts, if each of you did the same... I think the "Team Fight for Faith" is well worth it..
*** Grape Ape ***

rvrtoy
03-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Let me just say that you folks are AWESOME. I started receiving checks yesterday in the mail. The total from this board alone on monies already received is nearly $500.00.
Thanks Old Lavey, THOR , and Force 26. I got your checks yesterday.
Thank you grape ape! I think that move will pay off greatly for our MORE THAN WOTHY cause. By the way my house will be ready to show just after the Orange county boat show.
Steve
*Wouldn't it be great if every board member skipped Starbucks for a day or two and donated $10.00. WOW...where would we be then?:D Just a little thought for the day!

rvrtoy
03-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
rvrtoy;
The check has been sent and hot boat made this thread a sticky.
Not bad for a day in the jungle.
Thank you Hot Boat Forums!
Now will you kick in with some cash?;)
We received your donation today. Thank you again for your support!
rvrtoy family

Banshee
03-20-2004, 06:07 PM
My donation will go in the mail on Monday, though it will probably take a week to get there from the east coast.
Best of luck in your fight for the cure!
Rick Hunter,
Allentown, Pa
aka Banshee

MsDrmr
03-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
Hot boat...would you please place this as a sticky for a while? Thank you.
A fellow ***boater sure could use every bodies help in this situation.
As most of you have been aware on November 18th of last year my wife and I were blessed with a beautiful new baby girl. "Faith Nicole" A few days after her arrival we learned that Faith was in need of surgery. After what seemed like an eternity Faith was finally allowed to come home nearly 2 weeks later. On December 3rd we learned that Faith was born with a genetic disease calle Cystic Fibrosis (CF). This condition is what caused her initial problems that required surgery.
CF is a life shorteningdisease that affects approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States today. There are about 2500 children born every year with CF.
In doing research about CF my wife came across a great organization called the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF). This organization is the industry leader in research for CF, and the search for a cure. Faith is currently a patient at one of thier clinics located at Childrens Hospital here in San Diego that is funded by the CFF. If it wasn't for them, we may not have our little girl today. Her doctors have told us that if Faith had been born 25 years ago, she may not have lived to see her teen years. But today, through the inovative research being conducted by the dedicated doctors and scientists at the CFF, the medianlife expectancy has increased to a record 32 years. This is all wonderful news however, as a father it is not good enough for me.
My wife and I have made it our personal mission to help fund this research. Quite simply, the more money we raise, the sooner we can expect a cure for this disease. Innovative research is very costly, yet crutial, if we are going to save the lives of those who are affected by this disease.
The only thing that stands in the way of finding a cure for this disease is additional funds to support CF research. On May 15th my members of my family are going to take part in GREAT STRIDES: Taking steps to cure Cystic Fibrosis. This is our way of helping fight for Faith and her battle with CF. I am asking you to help fund our efforts and the research that is so critical to help save the lives of my daughter, and so many others that suffer from CF by sponsering us in this walk for a cure.
I am posting this letter here because of all the wonderful support you gave and continue to give my family in our times of need as well as the good times. I am asking everyone who reads this to consider making a fully tax deductable donation to make CF stand for Cure Foundation.:D My goal is to raise $25,000.00 by May 13th 2004. I know the power of a lot of people doing a little bit!! No donation is too small. Over 90% of every dollar donated to the CFF goes directly to research. Your dollar will go where it is needed most.
Thank you all for being a part of my life, for supporting me and my family throught these difficult few months with your prayers and good wishes. I am trustin that God wiil be glorified throught the CFF in finding a cure that heals my little girl.
Blessing to you and your family.
Steve and Anja Khoma
the rvrtoy family
Your information
First Name
Last Name
mailing address
city
state
phone #
amount of donation $
method of payment
9850 Settle Ct
Santee, CA 92071
c/o Fight of Faith

Miss BK
03-21-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm always thinking about Faith and wishing her well. I say prayers for her often!! Go Faith!
If you remember, I had a sister and a brother who both had CF. My brother was a powerboat racer and lived life large despite the CF - he had fire in his soul and achieved far more satisfaction from life than most healthy people ever do! And that was 20 years ago! I feel Faith has a very bright future ahead of her -- the strides in treatments that the CF Foundation are making are remarkable.
Now I have a son recently diagnosed with a serious autoimmune illness (not CF), and because of this, we are forced to remain on our current health insurance policy and cannot go shopping for others because of his pre-existing condition. But when he turns 18, I'm worried he won't qualify for a personal plan. My brother had this same trouble.
How did your insurance company problems turn out for Faith? Did your wife's policy cover her surgery?
If you were able to buy other health insurance for Faith, how did you do it? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Mr.Havasu
03-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Your information
First Name
Last Name
mailing address
city
state
phone #
amount of donation $
method of payment
9850 Settle Ct
Santee, CA 92071
c/o Fight of Faith
Hi Steve,
We're sending out our check this morning, you may want to edit you original post's mailing instructions to read Fight for Faith instead of Fight of Faith, I don't know if it makes a difference but I almost printed the wrong memo on our check.
Our prayers are with you and Faith,
John & Michele
warlock25

OGShocker
03-22-2004, 07:17 AM
We received your donation today. Thank you again for your support!
rvrtoy family
Glad to hear it! Now if we can get our fella's at Hot Boat to kick in a little..;)
OG (I never give up) Shocker.;)

MsDrmr
03-22-2004, 09:10 AM
I apologize for the post above, I don't know exactly how that happend. I want you to know that I am praying for you and your family, this must be hard not only on your household but on all those that love your family as well. I know its not much but I am sending you a check as well and hope that what little I send it will make a difference.

OGShocker
03-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Over 1300 views.!. $20.00 each could put donations over the top!!

Chris Winn
03-22-2004, 06:28 PM
is it possible to set up a paypal for this?
that might make it easier to account for you, just a possible suggestion for your cuase.

Outnumbered
03-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Chris Winn
is it possible to set up a paypal for this?
that might make it easier to account for you, just a possible suggestion for your cuase.
Good Idea!

summerlove
03-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey Steve and Family:
Check went out today - if you have any questions regarding the corporate match program, let me know - it's pretty self explanatory though. The CF Foundation will need to fill it out...
Hope all is well...
Rick

dimarcobros
03-23-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm in, I will send a check out today. How can you look at that picture and not send something?
Is it better to send the check to you?
DMB

rvrtoy
03-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Hey Steve and Family:
Check went out today - if you have any questions regarding the corporate match program, let me know - it's pretty self explanatory though. The CF Foundation will need to fill it out...
Hope all is well...
Rick
Thanks Rick. We will make sure the CFF gets the forms and fills them out correctly. Thanks again.
rvrtoy family
By the way, I will look into the Pay Pal idea. It sounds good to me.

dimarcobros
03-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the pm rvrtoy, the check will be in the mail tomorrow.
DMB

OGShocker
03-24-2004, 05:57 AM
What a doll!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=621195
Let's go Hot Boaters!

rvrtoy
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
OK...Now what.
I have a paypal account set up for those of you who wish to use a credit card for your donation but how do I link it to my post here? ( I'm still new at this computer thing )
Thanks in advance for the help.
rvrtoy

Chris Winn
03-24-2004, 03:35 PM
i dont know if you have to put down the website, i think it is just paypal.com. i think that we will need the account info (what to reference when sending the $$$)
if you can let us know or pm me, i am in.
chris

rvrtoy
03-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Just received a call from "Grape Ape". He challenged some friends of his, who are in the same line of work as he is in, and he has just sent in over $700.00. Way to go Grape Ape!!!!! My family and the families of all those other children that you and applaud(sp) your efforts.:)
Steve

MsDrmr
03-25-2004, 01:03 PM
grape,, good job, who says there is no nice and good people left in the world.
RVTOY;;;;;(whats the total off ***boat forums now...if you want to share the info)

GrapeApe
03-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Just received a call from "Grape Ape". He challenged some friends of his, who are in the same line of work as he is in, and he has just sent in over $700.00. Way to go Grape Ape!!!!! My family and the families of all those other children that you and applaud(sp) your efforts.:)
Steve
Steve, I just sent in $900.00 in checks that I have gathered. A few friends sent some directly to you as well.. So I am sure that we are well over $1000.00... Good luck getting to $25k, and I am glad that I could help.
I look forward to seeing you in May at the Regatta..
*** Grape Ape ***

rvrtoy
03-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
grape,, good job, who says there is no nice and good people left in the world.
RVTOY;;;;;(whats the total off ***boat forums now...if you want to share the info)
:D The total amount of money donated so far from forum members, builders, dealers, and forum member friends and family is just over $5000.00....so far.:D *Not to shabby for the first 9 days*
You people have really stepped up to the plate and helped my family kick off this fund raiser right!!!!
For those of you who are waiting, I will have PayPal set up by the end of the day Friday 3/26.
Thanks again everyone and keep spreading the word. We have until mid May to turn in all monies raised.
rvrtoy:D

rvrtoy
03-26-2004, 12:02 PM
PayPal is up and running. Use steve@ultraboats.com as the
e-mail reference for your deposits.
Thanks again.
rvrtoy

rvrtoy
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Grape Ape...We received your check today. Thank you and God Bless you and your friends.
Steve
Dimarcobros... Receivd your donation today as well. Thank you so much for your generous donation.
Steve

summerlove
03-26-2004, 04:43 PM
did you get mine yet????

rvrtoy
03-26-2004, 06:00 PM
did you get mine yet????
Yes we did. I thought I thanked you personally in another post. If not I appolagize.
Thank you so much summerlove for your generous contribution to this VERY worthy cause!! My family and those other families in my shoes appreciate it!!;)

rvrtoy
03-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Just received another $600.00 today from members of this board. :D :D :D
You people have really showed that you genuinely care about people. People that you have never met and may never meet. I wish I could thank all of you in person. In fact If any of you are planning on attending the Anaheim (aka Orange County) Boat show this weekend, please stop by the Ultra Booth so I can thank you personally.
Thanks to Chris Winn and Lou Dog. I received your generous gifts today as well.
rvrtoy

dimarcobros
04-01-2004, 01:36 PM
What is the count up to?
DMB

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Steve,
I'm in for $100.....I'll see you at the Anaheim show this weekend.
CJG
:cool:

Mr.Havasu
04-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi Steve,
We sent our check out about 10 days ago, I hope you received it. If not let me know and I'll cancel that one and send another right away.
John
P.S. The check was from my business account " Attention to Detail"

rvrtoy
04-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
Hi Steve,
We sent our check out about 10 days ago, I hope you received it. If not let me know and I'll cancel that one and send another right away.
John
P.S. The check was from my business account " Attention to Detail"
John,
We did recieve your check. Thank you again for your generosity:)

rvrtoy
04-02-2004, 08:48 AM
The total from board members and thier families and friends only is nearly $8,000.00. Total we have raised over $15,000.00! Over half has come from you (the ***boating community)!!
You guys are awesome and Generous and very genuine!! If thier is ever anything I can do (within reason):D for anyone of you just ask! I will do my best for you!
rvrtoy and family

Mr.Havasu
04-02-2004, 03:08 PM
The total from board members and thier families and friends only is nearly $8,000.00. Total we have raised over $15,000.00! Over half has come from you (the ***boating community)!!
You guys are awesome and Generous and very genuine!! If thier is ever anything I can do (within reason):D for anyone of you just ask! I will do my best for you!
rvrtoy and family
That is awesome, Really goes to show that boaters are a tight nit family. Keep up the good work everyone for our little Faith.

summerlove
04-02-2004, 03:34 PM
If thier is ever anything I can do (within reason):D for anyone of you just ask! I will do my best for you!
rvrtoy
I'll take a new stealth deckboat! that, I think, should be (within reason), don't you think? ;)
Really, though, that $$$ amount is great! Just curious, but did ***boat ever jump in and contribute?

rvrtoy
04-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Chris Winn...It was nice to meet you this weekend at the boat show. It's nice to put a face with the name.
Christopher Gibson...Thank you for your generous donation to my families "Fight for Faith" fund raising efforts. Your person story was really touching and I am truely glad everything worked out for the best.
Steve

rvrtoy
04-06-2004, 08:47 AM
I'll take a new stealth deckboat! that, I think, should be (within reason), don't you think? ;)
Really, though, that $$$ amount is great! Just curious, but did ***boat ever jump in and contribute?
***boat never did contribute. But thats OK. They are allowing me to use thier forum to promote this fund raising effort.
Steve

Outnumbered
04-06-2004, 08:50 AM
rvrtoy and family
Great news Steve. :)
OL

Chris Winn
04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
it was good to meet you too, good luck with faith, Childeren deserve every opportunity that we can provide them. let us know how your progress is on the fund drive before it ends, i'm sure that there is more out there.
PS- i think my friend likes your 23 deckboat, i hope you got his info to follow up with him at the show. if not pm me.

rvrtoy
04-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Chris Winn
it was good to meet you too, good luck with faith, Childeren deserve every opportunity that we can provide them. let us know how your progress is on the fund drive before it ends, i'm sure that there is more out there.
PS- i think my friend likes your 23 deckboat, i hope you got his info to follow up with him at the show. if not pm me.
Chris, I don't have your friends info. I will pm you when I have more time or get ahold of you when the plug is farther along. It should be done in a couple of weeks.
Steve

rvrtoy
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Just an update on donations received today. We brought in over $1200.00.
Thanks again to everyone!
the rvrtoy family:D

MsDrmr
04-12-2004, 11:54 AM
curious. outside of ***boat, how much have you been able to raise for your precious baby. And how is Faith doing. I bet she looked beautiful for her first Easter huh?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey Steve,
It was good to meet you as well.
Glad we could help.
CJG

rvrtoy
04-14-2004, 09:11 AM
curious. outside of ***boat, how much have you been able to raise for your precious baby. And how is Faith doing. I bet she looked beautiful for her first Easter huh?
Outside of ***boat we have raised nearly $10,000 to date. She did look so beautiful on her first Easter. I will post so pitures later.
rvrtoy

rvrtoy
04-14-2004, 09:17 AM
:D My wife just called me to inform me that the CF Foundation called to ask if they could use Faith's picture and story for thier promotional posters and signs. They told Mrs. rvrtoy that they were moved to tears when hearing of her story.
What do you think? Sounds like an honor to me.
rvrtoy

MsDrmr
04-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Oh my gosh,,thats great. I wish to be honest that you did not have to experience this hearbreaking process with your baby, but I know you believe in God and he knows what he is doing.
I am so pleased that you are surrounded with love and support. Congrats on the offer to "hire" Faith. I think it's a wonderful oppertunity to be honest.
Seems like you have made you goal then, is that correct? I will continue to pray for you and yours, and to be honest, all the other family's in this situation.
Andrea

GrapeApe
04-14-2004, 01:42 PM
:D My wife just called me to inform me that the CF Foundation called to ask if they could use Faith's picture and story for thier promotional posters and signs. They told Mrs. rvrtoy that they were moved to tears when hearing of her story.
What do you think? Sounds like an honor to me.
rvrtoy
Steve,
That's great news.. Her Story, and Beautiful smile will spread the awareness, and hopefully raise more money across the United States for the tireless Search for a cure...
*** Grape Ape ***

rvrtoy
04-14-2004, 06:29 PM
I have been in reciept of some pm's with people asking me where their money goes after they make a decision to donate to the CF Foundation. 90% of every dollar goes directly to help fund the tireless pursuit of more advanced medications and ultimately a cure for CF.
I am enclosing an article from the CF Foundation website. If this doesn't inspie you to donate, then I don't think anything will.
Happy reading!
"Imagine you are a chloride ion, and you are commuting to work in the city, when you find yourself stuck in a traffic jam with all the other chloride ions. You need someone to give you an alternative route to get where you need to go.
A compound developed by Sucampo Pharmaceuticals Inc., called SPI-8811, may be that problem solver, at least for chloride ions. By finding an alternative way to transport chloride ions across cell membrains, SPI-8811 may help bypass the CF basic defect and fix the imbalance of salt and water that creates thick, sticky mucus in the lungs, digestive system and other organs affected by CF. In theory, the mucus would gain a normal watery consistancy, and the destructive sympoms of CF could be prevented.
'Unlike current therapies that treat CF symptoms in the lungs and other organs, SPI-8811 is intended to address the underlying cause of the disease-a chloride channel deficiency', said Sucampo CEO, Myra L. Patchen, Ph.D. 'SPI-8811, If approved by the FDA, would provide people with CF with a unique therapy, in that a small oral dose of SPI-8811 may have significant possitive effects on chloride secretion throughout the body via a channel different from the one that is defective in CF.'
CF Foundation has been working closely with Sucampo to evaluate the potential of SPI-8811. A phase IIa clinical trial of this promising drug candidate began last September. As many as 30 adults with CF, at four CF care centers, are receiving this oral drug in capsule form. These patient volunteers are being closely monitored to determine the safety and efficancy of various doses of SPI-8811.
'Although CF causes a wide variety of symptoms, they all can be traced back to the malfunctioning chloride channel.' said Robert J. Beall, Ph.D., president and CEO of the CF Foundation. 'A new CF therapy that overcomes this problem symptomatically could have a tremendous impact on the health of people with CF.'
Ryuji Ueno, M.D.,Ph.D., co-founder of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, discovered a novel class of substances (bioactive functional fatty acids) that effect fluid regulation in targeted cells. New compounds developed from that discovery, including SPI-8811, are being used or tested for their ability to treat not only CF, but also disorders of the eye, gastrointestinal tract, liver and other conditions that involve fluid regulation".:) :)
WOW...How promissing does this sound!!!????
Thank you again to all who have donated from the rvrtoy family, Faith and all the other families who are affected by this disease.
To those of you who have not donated as of yet... WHY? What are you waiting for?
rvrtoy

rvrtoy
04-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Here is a picture of Faith in her Easter dress.:D

Outnumbered
04-21-2004, 12:25 AM
How is the grand total coming along?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=659614

MsDrmr
04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
my goodness she has grown, what a beautiful young girl you have there. Congrats to you both.

OGShocker
04-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Pretty in pink!

rvrtoy
04-23-2004, 07:53 AM
:D The GRAND TOTAL of all monies raised in the "Fight for Faith" fund raising campaign is..........$21,527.00:D Just a little short of our 25k goal but all in all a good sum of money raised in a very short amount of time.
We will be sending in all monies raised to the CF Foundation on Monday 4/26.
Thanks once again to everyone who donated and supported this VERY worth while cause. The rvrtoy family and all the other families who are affected by this disease thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
rvrtoy
Steve
*FYI...Just a warning. Next year our goal will be 35k*:D :D

Outnumbered
04-23-2004, 10:34 PM
:D The GRAND TOTAL of all monies raised in the "Fight for Faith" fund raising campaign is..........$21,527.00:D Just a little short of our 25k goal but all in all a good sum of money raised in a very short amount of time.
We will be sending in all monies raised to the CF Foundation on Monday 4/26.
Thanks once again to everyone who donated and supported this VERY worth while cause. The rvrtoy family and all the other families who are affected by this disease thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
rvrtoy
Steve
*FYI...Just a warning. Next year our goal will be 35k*:D :D
Wow Steve that is impressive. Glad to hear that is has done so well. Even if you don't hit the $25k it has been more than a success.
:) :) :)
OL