PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Eliminatator 26' Eagle

BALLSDEEP
03-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have any feedback both good or bad regarding the Eliminatator 26' Eagle? I am looking at a used one, but not totally sure what I am going to do?
I want something that is big enough that I wont get beat to death at Havasu or Mojave, but could also posibly put it in the ocean to cruz around. Please help...Please send me any info good or bad.

Three Days Only
03-16-2004, 03:48 PM
26' V is kind of small for the ocean!!! All for all it's a good boat!!! If your really planning on running in the ocean a 30' eagle would be alot better if it is within your pocket book!!! It has alot more freeboard and will withstand what the ocean can dish out on a light day.
3DO

BALLSDEEP
03-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Whatever Herman...Dont you ever work! Little Stewart says your a fag! Just Kidding!
It's Meaney, Little Stewy's landlord!!!
We want to know how your boat ran over the weekend?

Mandelon
03-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Does Eliminator count the swimstep in the hull length?
I think LuvnLive has a 25 Eagle............

BALLSDEEP
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Does Eliminator count the swimstep in the hull length?
I think LuvnLive has a 25 Eagle............
Yes, just spoke to Dan at Eliminator and they do. The boat is 25 feet + 1 foot of swim step.

cc322
03-16-2004, 05:37 PM
They do count the swim step 25 eagle 24 bottom, I think most do count it.

phebus
03-16-2004, 05:45 PM
I think if it is integrated in the hull it's always counted, but when mounted on to the hull (like Hallett on many of their models) it isn't.

rvrhlic
03-17-2004, 12:53 PM
not all integrated steps are counted, the lavey 21 is 22'10" LOA. the count the hull length.

Three Days Only
03-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BALLSDEEP
Whatever Herman...Dont you ever work! Little Stewart says your a fag! Just Kidding!
It's Meaney, Little Stewy's landlord!!!
We want to know how your boat ran over the weekend?
It ran real good, we averaged between 85-105 on the way back from Catalina last weekend. It's running real strong. Knock on wood
Jeff

kevnmcd
03-17-2004, 01:07 PM
I have a 250 Eagle (25' 4" including the swimstep). The 260 Eagle is the same exact boat with another 1' of length in the cockpit (26' 4"). I run it on all the river lakes (Powell, Mead, Mohave, and Havasu) and in the ocean (Catalina and back runs). I don't agree with 3DO...mine is fine for runs over to Catalina and back. You just have to watch the weather report and don't go out when it is calling out 6' and larger swells or with too much wind. I love this boat. It is a great running hull...handles the chop great. I would encourage you to buy the 260.

Three Days Only
03-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by kevnmcd
I don't agree with 3DO...mine is fine for runs over to Catalina and back. You just have to watch the weather report and don't go out when it is calling out 6' and larger swells or with too much wind.
There's alot of people that take there boats out in the ocean. I try to get out there at least once a week if possiable. Personally, I feel a 25 is a okay size boat, if it has alot of freeboard. The 25 /26 eagles just do not have enough freeboard if you get stuck in some large afternoon wind chop out there. I have left in the morning when it looks like lake pacifica, heading home in the afternoon, and about 10-15mi off of long beach ended up in true 5-7 sea's. Theres no turning around and heading back to Catalina when your half way back and quartering a following sea into long beach. Your going to have to run it, and its going to suck. Everyone is going to get soaked, and the boat is going to get beat up pretty good. Becareful in the ocean, go out in the morning and return early in the am, or the following morning. Be safe, travel with other boats, & wear a vest.
Jeff

BALLSDEEP
03-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by kevnmcd
I have a 250 Eagle (25' 4" including the swimstep). The 260 Eagle is the same exact boat with another 1' of length in the cockpit (26' 4"). I run it on all the river lakes (Powell, Mead, Mohave, and Havasu) and in the ocean (Catalina and back runs). I don't agree with 3DO...mine is fine for runs over to Catalina and back. You just have to watch the weather report and don't go out when it is calling out 6' and larger swells or with too much wind. I love this boat. It is a great running hull...handles the chop great. I would encourage you to buy the 260.
Thanks for the info, I ended up getting screwed out of the whole deal. There was a 1999 26' Eliminator for sale in Texas with an HP 500. It only had 77 hours on it loaded with dual hydralic stearing for 49k. I was going to leave a deposit and have it shipped to CA, but in trying to figure out my finaces, the texas eliminator dealer took a deposit from someone else. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be... Hopefully something else will come my way.

Three Days Only
03-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear that, sounded like a real good deal with a HP500. You will find something, there alot of boats for sale right now!! Get my cell number from Lil Stew and call me. I know of a real sweet deal, more money, but a really good deal.
Jeff

roln 20s
03-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Ballsdeep-
There is a 2001 260 Eagle located in Scottsdale, AZ, I think its rarely used. I think it may be a closed bow and have a 454 Mag, but its only 46K, not too shabby either.
Just a thought- helping a fellow ***boater out. Check out the boattraderonline!
Roln 20s

CAHotRodBoy
03-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Ballsdeep:
If you're looking for an ocean boat try offshoreonly.com. They have a great classified section with a lot of very knowledgable people on there (including 3DO!). Plus you'll meet a lot of guys running in the big blue.
I just brought this home last week:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/750122-2229_IMG-med.JPG

BALLSDEEP
03-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Ballsdeep-
There is a 2001 260 Eagle located in Scottsdale, AZ, I think its rarely used. I think it may be a closed bow and have a 454 Mag, but its only 46K, not too shabby either.
Just a thought- helping a fellow ***boater out. Check out the boattraderonline!
Roln 20s
Thanks Roln 20's, I appreaciate the info, I am heading to Havasu this weekend, maybe I will come across something.
Trader on line was were I came acoss the the other one. Is the one you are talking about being sold by Magic?

BALLSDEEP
03-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
Ballsdeep:
If you're looking for an ocean boat try offshoreonly.com. They have a great classified section with a lot of very knowledgable people on there (including 3DO!). Plus you'll meet a lot of guys running in the big blue.
I just brought this home last week:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/750122-2229_IMG-med.JPG
Thanks CAHotRodBoy , I will check it out.

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 07:29 AM
Ballsdeep-
Its this one: http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/66830926.htm
It says senior owned- 10 hours. The add says you can view it on boatplex's website. I'll try and post a pic or two. 46K, definately not a bad deal, worth a look.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Lets try this-
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/749668/49215558_12.jpg
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/749668/49215558_4.jpg
All the pics at
http://www.boatplexaz.com/moredetails.html?49215558&sitecode=boatplexaz#
Good luck- let me know if you are interested, and I'll run down and check it out in person and see if its something I would buy. Its not too far from me.
Roln 20s

BALLSDEEP
03-18-2004, 08:06 AM
roln 20s:
Thanks for all your help, I greatly apprciate it. Boat looks like a pretty good deal, I will let you know what I decide.

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Ballsdeep-
I went by there on my lunch for fun--this is a super clean boat. If I just walked in there, I would think it was a 2004 (except the new ones have the inner floor liner). This is worth a look- and like the other you found in TX, this is not going to last.
Talk to Brandon at the Boat Plex.
I bet you can pick it up for less than the 46 asking price, maybe even 43-44K. Well worth it!
Roln 20s

havasuhustler
03-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Saw the post on 26' Eagle its my dads boat just sold it 3 days ago and delivering it to Havasu tomorrow let it go for 45K it was definetly a smokin deal!

BALLSDEEP
03-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by havasuhustler
Saw the post on 26' Eagle its my dads boat just sold it 3 days ago and delivering it to Havasu tomorrow let it go for 45K it was definetly a smokin deal!
Which eagle are you talking about? Is it the one at the Boat Plex that Roln'20s was talking about?

roln 20s
03-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Which eagle are you talking about? Is it the one at the Boat Plex that Roln'20s was talking about?
I think it has to be another, Brandon at boat plex said it was for sale, but he doubts it would last long--unless he doesn't know what he is talking about.
Ballsdeep- if you are interested, hit these guys up just to get some more info--I give this thing another week or two, slap a deposit on it to hold it :D
Roln 20s

havasuhustler
03-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Yes, thats the same boat my dad paid for inside storage at Boatplex,and we posted our own ad on traderonline for sale
Boatplex was nice enough to provide financing for us if we had a potential buyer.sold it Monday to a couple from Riverside Ca
and taking it to Havasu today for them to pick up. It's the boat you posted pictures of.

OGShocker
03-19-2004, 07:36 AM
If you are interested Dana Boats has a 2003, 27' Closed bow for sale. I do not know the specs but, Tom will. His number is listed below.
http://www.danaboats.com/Images/gallery/27%20gallery/409284-R1-23.jpg
Clean!, even Roln20 likes Dana;)

roln 20s
03-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Clean!, even Roln20 likes Dana
Yes I do, and for the money, its one of the best buys on the planet. Definately a cool looking boat.
How did Dana do at the LA Show, I would imagine they did pretty well with great prices, good people and tons of potential customers with a hole burning in their pocket (I was almost one:D)
Roln 20s

OGShocker
03-19-2004, 08:33 AM
He did REAL well.
Dana will be holding it's second annual REGATTA!! Yes, even a lowly company like Dana know's how much customers mean to their success.
Tom can have your boat done by the Regatta and you'll have a lot of left over cash to buy me a bunch o' beer....
OG (slutting in the 909) Shocker

dr. margarita
03-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s
(I was almost one:D)
Roln 20s
Stay focused Roln! You com'in out to Havasu on the 26th-28th?

roln 20s
03-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Stay focused Roln! You com'in out to Havasu on the 26th-28th?
Thanks Dr Marg! Hey, how do you think a closed deck 28 Bullet would run with that 496HO of yours :idea: Trust me, I'm definately focused :D
I plan on going out there just for the day next Saturday the 27th- leaving Phx early. Wanna get a ride in the bullet...I can hardly wait, plus I am going to try and get with Michelle (warlock25) and look for some good investment opportunities. Its gonna be a full day, may even bring the girlfriend. She's already a believer in the Howard, she wants me to get it now. I know...she's a keeper :)
Roln 20s