PDA

View Full Version : Web forums?

Craig
03-17-2004, 06:07 AM
Can anyone recommend a good bb forum to use on a web site. I currently use one through PHPBB and it's not very user friendly and the support is almost nonexistent. I'm not a computer wizard, so ease of modification and customizing are important. I'm having problems with not being able to post replies yet the site host can't figure it out :mad:
Craig

Jungle Boy
03-17-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey Craig. I have not been able to check your out for soem time now. Problems?:confused:

Craig
03-17-2004, 08:45 AM
When you say you haven't been able to check the site out for some time do you meaan you haven't had the time or you can't even get to the site?
Weekend before last the site was down for the weekend. Ever since this past weekend, you can make a new post on the message board, and typically one person can reply to it. But after that if you hit "Reply" you get a blank screen with a "Done" down on the status bar. The host can't figure it out either.
Craig

Jungle Boy
03-17-2004, 08:48 AM
I get a "a website is not configured to this address" notice. I just tried it off your link. Maybe it's the provider down here that has the problem. One of the many problems down here.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's no wonder that South America is a third world continent.

Sportin' Wood
03-17-2004, 09:01 AM
We have used Chatarea.com and haven't had any poblems that I'm aware of, other than we never did get the clock worked out--big deal.
try here (http://www.chatarea.com/)

Craig
03-17-2004, 03:15 PM
SportinWood, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Dave, it must be your southern (way southern) location :D I just clicked the link and it worked OK.