PDA

View Full Version : Off to pick up the new boat :)

hd&boatrider
03-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Going down right now :). I am driving it right down to Wired For Sound to put the stereo in. I hopee they only need it for 2 days....If so I will be off to Lake Mohave this weekend :)

RiverToysJas
03-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Congrats Tom, I'll keep an eye out for ya on the lake this weekend. You going to your usual cove?
RTJas :D

Salty Cracker
03-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Congrats, I was there yesterday just as they were finishing the pre-luber...looks great man!!!

Steamin' Rice
03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Congrats... Post some pics of the new boat when you can....

looky_lou
03-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Congratulations on the new boat. Have fun.:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
03-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Going down right now :). I am driving it right down to Wired For Sound to put the stereo in. I hopee they only need it for 2 days....If so I will be off to Lake Mohave this weekend :)
Congrats ,
You should pack your bags with some extra clothes, food, water, and blankets.
You never know what may happen to you, when you leave the house. LOL
HDD:cool:

BajaMike
03-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Tom, you have any pictures?
:confused:
Mike

rivercrazy
03-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Congrats Tom! I hope it gets done and your off putting break in hours on the boat! Have a great time:D

bordsmnj
03-17-2004, 04:38 PM
yeah!:D
congrats:cool:

hd&boatrider
03-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Picked it up and it looks great! Barry really made sure that things were in order for me. I really can really appreciate the service that he is providing me with. I feel vey comfortable that everything Barry told me pre-delivery he has followed up on and then some. Thanks Barry....you have a happy customer here. I will try my best to use those Shockwave cooley cups instead of my BL one :) You guys should see Barrys face as a new Shockwave drives away....It is almost like one of his kids is leaving home....lol
The only problem is that I ordered one of those Master Lube units that an article was written on in ***boat an issue or so ago. Technically, when you install that you void the factory warranty. This was based on a Mercruiser guy that was at Shockwave and took a look at it. Also, the button you press to prelube the engine is suspect at not being flash proof. This is an issue simply because it MAY ignite gas fumes when pressed. More than likely you would not have a problem with it but Barry....after they had installed it removed it because of liability issues. I don't blame Shockwave. I blame Master Lube because they sure didn't mention this stuff in the article :(.
The boat is now at Wired For Sound and I hope it gets done early next week. The only problem is WFS hasn't recieved the 6 1/2's or the 10" sub :(.
I saw the new grills made by Ron and they look very clean. Just what I was hoping for. Adam is going to recess the tweeters in the grill and it should look pretty trick when done.
Thanks everybody.....after Vegas the last 3 days or so I am going to have to try to get some damn sleep. I will post some pics after I pick it up from WFS.....later

RiverToysJas
03-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I've heard that Off-shore (dual handle) shifters void the drive warrentee, but I've been unable to confirm this. I understand Merc wants you to use their shifter because you cannot drop it into gear with the engine rev'ed up. But like I said, that's not a confirmed statement. http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/confused31.gif

hd&boatrider
03-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Congrats Tom, I'll keep an eye out for ya on the lake this weekend. You going to your usual cove?
I won't be able to be out there this weekend Jason :( I guess I will just have to go for a ride on the Harley :)

redneckgirl
03-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Congrats Tom, Sorry you can't make it out this weekend. We will be taking our Shockwave Step Skier next weekend (Sat March 27) for it 20 hour service. I will be there all week until Friday April 2, we wll pick it up then. It isn't a Tremor but if you have some time you can go check it out. See you at the Regatta, hopefully... Have fun breaking in the boat, we love ours. :D :D :D
RNG

OutCole'd
03-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Congrats, I am up to 2 hours on mine. Enjoy breaking it in. And washing the soot off the transom.

hd&boatrider
03-17-2004, 09:19 PM
I was told that is a non-issue now...Is there still a soot buildup problem?
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Congrats, I am up to 2 hours on mine. Enjoy breaking it in. And washing the soot off the transom.

OutCole'd
03-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I was told that is a non-issue now...Is there still a soot buildup problem?
I think it may depend on the motor. I was cleaning for an hour on my boat last weekend. It has a 525.

hd&boatrider
03-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
Congrats Tom, Sorry you can't make it out this weekend. We will be taking our Shockwave Step Skier next weekend (Sat March 27) for it 20 hour service. I will be there all week until Friday April 2, we wll pick it up then. It isn't a Tremor but if you have some time you can go check it out. See you at the Regatta, hopefully... Have fun breaking in the boat, we love ours. :D :D :D
RNG
I will try to stop by and check it out RNG. I am planning on going to the regatta and look forward to meeting you and your better? half. I know we call the wife the better half but what do we call the husband....lol
Good night

hd&boatrider
03-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
I think it may depend on the motor. I was cleaning for an hour on my boat last weekend. It has a 525.
The engine I had heard that about was the 496 and it was solved by some chip program changes. I did not know 525's had the same problems.